Author Topic: FFVIII - Disabling the battle music in specific areas  (Read 4059 times)

SunnyD

• View Profile
Sorry if it's something simple to do but is there a way to stop the battle theme playing in certain areas so it instead just plays the field music? Say for example when in the Ragnarok fighting the Propagators the game keeps playing the same song instead of going to the boss theme each encounter.

Shard

• View Profile
Re: FFVIII - Disabling the battle music in specific areas
« Reply #1 on: 2018-05-29 06:08:26 »
You could edit the field scripts and set the boss music to the same as the field music (which makes he music continue playing when battle starts).
Or use a dll injector to do basically the same thing, but that's probably harder.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-04 00:05:49 »
Out of interest, I had a nosey in the field files to have a look at the music; boss theme seems to be 13 so I'm assuming it uses absolute IDs for songs rather than IDs relative to the field they're used on, like in FF7; is there a list of which songs = which IDs anywhere?

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-04 22:10:15 »
You could edit the field scripts and set the boss music to the same as the field music (which makes he music continue playing when battle starts).
Or use a dll injector to do basically the same thing, but that's probably harder.
I'm guessing that's done in Deling? I've come back to VIII recently and am trying to remember things.