Author Topic: Field Scene Screens (non bombing mission) Gallery  (Read 165861 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Field Scene Screens (non bombing mission)
« Reply #125 on: 2011-12-11 13:33:03 »
Have not seen millenia around for a year or so now. I will take a look and see if i can change to fbx for my scene.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
Re: Field Scene Screens (non bombing mission)
« Reply #126 on: 2011-12-24 22:48:02 »
field scene hd too hot yeah:D

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Re: Field Scene Screens (non bombing mission) Gallery
« Reply #127 on: 2012-01-25 19:10:44 »
images tell more then a thousand words....

sorry my lens was a bit hazy...but I like it anyway

and after cleaning of the lens...

enjoy  8-)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2012-06-04 23:02:09 »
Still alive...

enjoy.
 8-)

PS, does anybody has a notion how and where the train gets out of the pillar?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-06-05 03:05:38 »
midgar's train system just doesnt make a whole lot of sense, especially given how midgars scale in ff7 suggests it only houses a few thousand people... making me wonder why they need such an elaborate train system....

I figure there are a number of 'off-ramps' for the train, that go to the different slums on the bottom, and to diff sectors on top, popping out to follow a more or less straight track such as the one that the camera cranes into during the opening fmv

Killerx20

• Shin-Ra Electric Power Company
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #130 on: 2012-06-05 13:14:14 »
I would think there is a central station of some sort inside the main pillar. If you watch vincents fight with rosso the crimson in DoC after you beat her she cuts the platform and falls just about the part where the pillar sticks out near the top, that might have been part of the station?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012-06-05 13:59:10 »
I tend to not take compilation titles into consideration, they tend to tack shit on when it suits them. It would make sense for trains to have a central bay in the main pillar though... so MORE OFF RAMPS!

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2012-06-05 19:46:19 »
Yeah, scaling throughout Midgar is a nightmare did you ever notice the square and theatre disappearing in the intro movie...
I was just wondering how the train would get through the vertical pillars when it reaches the ground...
 8-)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-06-06 21:18:57 »
Yeah, scaling throughout Midgar is a nightmare did you ever notice the square and theatre disappearing in the intro movie...
I was just wondering how the train would get through the vertical pillars when it reaches the ground...
 8-)
There was a lot of 'artistic' license in FF7, I was thinking 'gee what would have happen if they had' ...
It wouldn't the FF7 we got use to then I suspect.

I always thought the toy soldier thing that one found in Junion was interesting. Obviously they had something more in mind that the one object out in the middle of no where.  They also did several things with Cloud in Junion, (remember the drill thing).  It's interesting in retrospect but obviously went no where with it. Same thing with the wutai flyers (which they completed I believe).  I digress ...

Erstwhile it appears you are alive! (It's not amazing but it's good to know.)

To the subject, so you are making the backgrounds correct (to scale) now? I always thought the train stuff etc. was kind of strange how it was laid out. All the trains were in only in Midgard. However some of the other things that happened conflicted with that (the part with Arith and the trains coming in). The world was horribly unpopulated it looked to me. I'm not sure but Midgard seemed also horribly small compared to how much of the map it ate up.

As you said the scale was rather strange.

Cyb

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-06-10 17:44:20 »
Probably would make even more sense if you consider the possibility of special tracks mean for running directly into the mako reactors for purposes such as express transporting special personnel into classified areas, maintenance of the reactors or material/materia transport[this particular one can be supported by the fact that the reactor near correl has a train track leading in/out of the reactor and you ride on them during the huge materia quest.....

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2012-06-13 23:13:51 »
Sector 8 Building....

Midgar Square Eight

enjoy...
 8-)

*edit
Some more details around Square Eight

8-)
« Last Edit: 2012-06-15 08:14:04 by SpooX »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2012-06-16 05:32:15 »
How much I like your artistic style, SpooX...

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012-06-16 15:53:49 »
Sector 8 Building....

enjoy...
 8-)

*edit
Some more details around Square Eight

8-)

One thing is you have the 'mode' lighting they choose for FF7. They choose the spectra emitted by a low temperature tungsten lamp (warm light). 2400k to 2700k so that it gives a yellowish 'old feel' too it. I believe the idea was to give an old industrial feel to the lighting.

Cyb

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012-06-16 21:45:30 »
Spoox, are any of those models 100% finished (with or without texture)?

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2012-06-16 22:37:03 »
One thing is you have the 'mode' lighting they choose for FF7. They choose the spectra emitted by a low temperature tungsten lamp (warm light). 2400k to 2700k so that it gives a yellowish 'old feel' too it. I believe the idea was to give an old industrial feel to the lighting.

Cyb

Well, I'll have to check the settings in my lights to be sure about the temp, but I can tell you if you should ever tend to use the lamps I've created, a lot of fuses will blow.... :roll:

Spoox, are any of those models 100% finished (with or without texture)?

are they ever...?
Take the Sector 8 building with the fountain for instance, lately I've been redoing some of the model, due to the fact that there was just a tiny crack in the corner, the walls didn't line up completely, at the same time I had to do some moving around and adjusting several verts in order to line it all up. Also I optimized a lot at the same time. But....
The door opening in the stairs...still have to figure out something with that, as it's shown in the movie just as a black door.....

So depending on the details of the references... some are finished, and some are not, but they can always be improved.
But still my main focus is the whole bombing mission, starting at pressing 'new game' :-)

But just as KillerX has pointed out, he takes long breaks because it gets boring now and then.
With regards to what's finished, and what's not I have to take a look around my project files, as some of them haven't been touched in quite some time.
Lately I've acquired some now detailed references, giving a new burst in (re)doing things.
Also I've been looking into some other technology to make life better, If you take the intro animation for instance, having it rendered out at 30 minutes per frame, will take a long time....
Apart from that there is always, of course, RL...

But we'll just keep on going...
 8)

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2012-06-17 13:52:23 »
Knowing that you can come back to a project is better than burning out and dropping the project all together.

Out of curiousity, what modelling program do you use as I am sure you could find some an OS add-on for some of the open render farms. There are some good free ones out there that you can use, just give back some gpu/cpu time when your not using your pc. That or when you need to take a break, hit render and when you come back in 2 months it will be done  :-P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2012-06-17 15:49:50 »
Spoox, tell me more of these references you've found....

Tollen

• ill sleep when im dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012-06-20 11:29:56 »
so i had quick go a redoing one of the field scene.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80793948@N02/7407229366/in/photostream

still need sort out the camera and lighting abit more.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2012-06-20 22:06:29 »

Some small updates on the tower.
 8)

Spoox, tell me more of these references you've found....
Sorry Tim, I can't right now (NDA).

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2012-06-21 00:48:54 »
Scary stuff!

Tollen, Great to have you aboard, keep it up, yer work looks great!

Tollen

• ill sleep when im dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2012-06-21 10:19:28 »
Thanks timu, quick update most of the modeling is done just need to uv and texture.

has anyone started doing Wallmarket yet if not ill start that up as my next one.

ZZ2_1 by Tollen86, on Flickr

chest and vault doors open.

zz2_2 by Tollen86, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 2012-06-21 10:25:40 by Tollen »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2012-06-21 12:06:35 »
Looks awesome.
Only the texture missing at this point?

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2012-06-21 23:24:53 »
Looking good Tollen, can't wait to see it textured :-)
you're using Blender I think?
 8-)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2012-06-23 13:05:00 »
Silly thoughts does anyone remember if certain objects repeat in the game scenery?

I can't remember the following
'chairs'
'clutter'
indoor fixtures
etc.
I noticed areas have certain "stylized" looks (like the city of the ancients), as well as Cloud's home town and Midgar.

Anyhow what I am getting at is these objects are "common" it might be helpful for making sets to create a common resource of objects that can be reused.

I remember Valkyrie profile 2 used this, oblivion and skyrim fallout 3 fallout NV, anyhow this can save a bit of extra work of reinventing objects. I believe some spots for example have bread materia weapons etc. chairs pipes etc.

Just a thought on how to reduce some of the 'fiddly' parts of your settings. This also would reduce texture work. For things such as cars etc. the only place with those appeared to be Midgar and a few scenes (Zack and Cloud on the back of a truck). Trains on the other hand are  a bit more abundant in midgar (more so that cars at least).

Now what would be a cool place to do is Cid's town.

Cyb

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012-06-23 17:08:12 »
In a lot of cases each field scene is unique because the scene was going to be rendered out, they didn't need to worry about reusable assets or modular design. The main reason that games want to try and reuse as many assets as possible is to reduce the memory footprint, both long term and while the game is running, less stuff that can break and less people you have to pay.

You would probably spend more time figuring out what assets can be reused, than you would gain in time. I don't know what the situation is with resource sharing among artists is but I am sure that there might be some cross over and reuse of assets, reactor sections. When working on some of the Shinra tower stuff we had a common wall which was used for both scaling and also as a base starting poing for any custom stuff. The internal stub sections were also reused where possible, but the majority of the stuff I suspect will probably have to be custom.