Author Topic: Video Tutorial: How to make improved FF7 backgrounds in Sketchup  (Read 28848 times)

Delacroix

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

Is there a basic tutorial google sketchup on the positioning of the axes? I'm trying to learn but have no notion of 3D modeling ... Thanks!

Translated by Google :-D

Watch Halkun's videos in the first post of this thread. I literally had no idea about modelling or sketchup before watching them yesterday and they really helped a lot

Actually I've watched the tutorials, but the positioning of the axes that is related background. I'm trying to stage the gold saucer but to position the camera is very hard for me. In other backgrounds with more or less the same position of the video I can do.

Again translated by google!1

djkoopa

• View Profile
    • DJ Koopa Official Site
Hopefully Halkun can help you out more with that one then. I'm still not too sure about using 2 photo matched backgrounds, having trouble lining them up with each other and the model. Any help/tips anyone could give?

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
...Wow, Guess you're right, It works ok even when you assume it's square. What happens if you drag the green ones to something we know 100% is gonna be square? (i.e the vertical-y part of the bridge)

The scene is actually square as seen by my pictures above. You just have to get the perspective right.
While possibly the most embarrassing way I've ever turned out sort of correct, I noticed the walls still don't line up perfectly like that (you can see a bit of the reactor's face painted onto the wall, as well as a sliver of distant ground). I guess that's getting a bit further from my assertion that it's "illogical", although still a bit quirky if someone wants to go for total accuracy. I made it way harder than it had to be by not having the the base and top edge of either wall parallel to each other though.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
The backgrounds do not need to be perfectly aligned in my opinion. Very close is good enough. Nobody is going to notice when they are in game that the original was off by 1 degree. As long as the walkmeshes still work properly we should be fine.