Author Topic: Oficial extra-short novels about Final Fantasy VII  (Read 2973 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Hello everyone. This may have been discussed here already, but I never herad about it. So here I go.
Has anyone read the 2 "short novels" (well, they are less than 50 pages each) that float arround there?
Their titles are:
 - The maiden who travels the planet.
 - On the way to a smile.
Suposedly, both of them are accepted as official by SE. Have I been fooled?
The first one covers the adventures of Aeris... afters his death :-P. Can't say is very well done, but I found it quiet interesting.
I don't know anything about the second one though. I've got read it some day.

Jari

Re: Oficial extra-short novels about Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-27 21:45:36 »
Their titles are:
 - The maiden who travels the planet.
 - On the way to a smile.
Suposedly, both of them are accepted as official by SE. Have I been fooled?

Wikipedia - which in general is really good source, almost as handy as Google - says:

Maiden who Travels the Planet is a novelization written by Benny Matsuyama, and appears in the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Ω Guide.

and

On the Way to a Smile is a small series of stories taking place between the time of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Written by Kazushige Nojima, half of this novella (Case of Denzel) was released in episodes on the official Japanese Advent Children website, while the novella was released in its entirety in V-Jump's Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Prologue book.

***possible spoilers***
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerith_Gainsborough
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children

Sounds fairly official to me.

And no, I haven't read them.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-28 22:04:13 »
Yes, thanks Jari, I've already seen what Wikipedia says about it, but I still had my doubts.

Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-28 22:34:56 »
Good point, taking Wikipedia's nature into consideration. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that someone who knows would have corrected it by now, if it wasn't true.