Author Topic: Guide: Final Fantasy 7 Steam PLaying Tifas Bootleg  (Read 10711 times)

kenichi

• View Profile
I explain on this guide that how to playing "Final Fantasy 7 steam version with Tifas Bootleg". Be careful about installed ff7 game location isn't program files or program files (x86). It may be C:/Games/FF7. If you have FF7 download bootleg0040 here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwC7kjtdF7wpd3NnWVNIVVhMNVU and download Tifas bootleg here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0weeyKRL3qGcXlhb1lYOUJ1YzQ. Turn off AV and UAC. 30 gb free space requirest for mod. Then follow this steps. If you installed Tifas bootleg go to step 9. If ff7config.exe stop working just delete ff7config.

1-)Create a new folder and open. In this folder create a new folder. Move to tifas bootleg your first ceated new folder and move to bootleg0040 your second created folder.

2-)Unpack bootleg0040 here. Right Click bootleg/poperties/compatibility and click run as admin and close

3-)Right cick BFE.exe and run as admin. Make the settings as desired or ue my settings. Just download here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0weeyKRL3qGYUpEeDJheHUyOXc/ click preset then load.

4-)Click instalation on BFE and select FF7 game loaciton, For mod source slect new folder created first step. For bootleg.exe location select bootleg.exe location

5-)Click mod listing. If the colour is green some yellow its done. (Yellow is optional mods no required). Click run bootleg and wait for finish.

6-)Download this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0weeyKRL3qGYjhoUkY2Nnl6YTQ/edit. Open daemon tools and ad a virtual drive.

7-)When it finished click configure on bootloader and select letter you mounted FF7Disc1 for ex G.

8-)Unclick VBO and shaders. Make the resolution is 1280*720. Write cfg and close.

9-)Go to ff7 location and delete ff7_launcher

10-)Rename FF7 to ff7_launcher

11-)Now open steam and play FF7 with Tifas Bootleg

12-) If you no music in game go to ff7 game folder then delete ficedula and ff7music 1.51.12 download and install. It will solve this problem.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Guide: Final Fantasy 7 Steam PLaying Tifas Bootleg
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-31 02:07:31 »
A few minor things to point out:

Bootleg and BFE are set to run as admin by default. You shouldn't need to change that.

Deleting FF7Config.exe might fix the "FF7Config has stopped responding" issue, but it certainly won't fix why it stopped responding in the first place.

There is no need to re-download anything. The mods are already in Tifa's Bootleg mods folder.

Temp space needed for install is approximately 19GB, while final size is around 9GB. That means that, even if you have enough space on one drive, if there's not enough space on the drive where the temp files are unpacked (By default C:), Bootleg will fail.

Thank you for the time you put into helping users with Bootleg.
-Vgr

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-31 03:06:40 »
Added to this is that I can not download anything because I'm not signed in to Google.
Also I do not agree with the points 9 to 12, that probably ruined parts of the modifications again.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-31 03:14:08 by Kompass63 »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-31 03:09:13 »
If you want to play the game with mods without converting the game to the original 98 version than just install them through the lgp's. You wont be able to use any of the png texture effects and backgrounds, but new character models will work. You can use Kaldarasha's Unshaded models, they include a base model pack from Bootleg so everything's updated.

If you're using bootleg for the Steam version it's going to convert the game. If that's what you want than this guide is a bit incorrect and leaving out helpful information. Furthering advancement for the Forum is great so the help is appreciated, but I'd suggest for those with either the Steam or Square Re-release follow the official Bootleg tutorial -> Tifa's Bootleg Tutorial Otherwise we're going to have a lot of confused new members with problems and questions.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-03-31 08:33:51 »
Added to this is that I can not download anything because I'm not signed in to Google.
Also I do not agree with the points 9 to 12, that probably ruined parts of the modifications again.

If you want I added alternative download links, besides if you apply step 9 click ff7 on steam opening directly with botleg. Otherwise the game opening normal mod.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-03-31 08:42:51 »
If you want to play the game with mods without converting the game to the original 98 version than just install them through the lgp's. You wont be able to use any of the png texture effects and backgrounds, but new character models will work. You can use Kaldarasha's Unshaded models, they include a base model pack from Bootleg so everything's updated.

If you're using bootleg for the Steam version it's going to convert the game. If that's what you want than this guide is a bit incorrect and leaving out helpful information. Furthering advancement for the Forum is great so the help is appreciated, but I'd suggest for those with either the Steam or Square Re-release follow the official Bootleg tutorial -> Tifa's Bootleg Tutorial Otherwise we're going to have a lot of confused new members with problems and questions.

I tried everything with in original Tutorial also step 1-8 same as original tutorial just step 9-10 different and this is solution. Because when you click on ff7 on steam then ff7_launcher opening but you apply step 9 and 10 the game opening with botleg. And this is 2 images ff7 steam version wth bootleg.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244266924
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244273480
« Last Edit: 2014-03-31 09:10:18 by irienaoki »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-03-31 09:34:23 »
Well, you may be open the game trough steam, but (to make it clear for other Steam user, who read that) this will still not allow you to get achievements.
There is a tool to unleash achievements manually (this is risky, even if it's sad that the danger to loose your account is minimal), in theory it might be possible to create another tool to read out the game variables and telling the other tool to add the achievement.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-03-31 09:46:33 »
Well, you may be open the game trough steam, but (to make it clear for other Steam user, who read that) this will still not allow you to get achievements.
There is a tool to unleash achievements manually (this is risky, even if it's sad that the danger to loose your account is minimal), in theory it might be possible to create another tool to read out the game variables and telling the other tool to add the achievement.

I gained 3 achievements before installed tifas bootleg so I dont know the achiments lost or dont lost.
Edit: I used beat rush but I did not gained achievement so I guess the achievements are lost or dont appear.
Edit 2: I guess there is a problem/bug. It doesn't happen here.

« Last Edit: 2014-03-31 12:59:06 by irienaoki »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #8 on: 2014-03-31 13:15:41 »
I tried everything with in original Tutorial also step 1-8 same as original tutorial just step 9-10 different and this is solution. Because when you click on ff7 on steam then ff7_launcher opening but you apply step 9 and 10 the game opening with botleg. And this is 2 images ff7 steam version wth bootleg.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244266924
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244273480

Ah I see, you just want to launch the game through Steam still. Steam has an option to add non Steam games to the library, so you can still manage and play your games from the same location. 

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-03-31 21:16:57 »
Edit 2: I guess there is a problem/bug. It doesn't happen here.

I think there have your changes from step 9 slammed.

Rename back your ff7_launcher into ff7 (or make a copy and rename the copy) and try to start the Game via the Bootloader.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-04-01 10:49:12 »

Rename back your ff7_launcher into ff7 (or make a copy and rename the copy) and try to start the Game via the Bootloader.
thanks, I solved. I just used black chocobo, I changed location and its done.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-04-07 20:08:40 »

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-04-20 15:47:49 »

I uninstall bootleg for achievements and I start newgame. I install "ff7 steam mods without tifas bootleg" but the same bug happen. It does not happen here.
http://i.imgur.com/nU5Thjq.jpg