Author Topic: FF8pc - Can the movies be played externally?  (Read 3093 times)

Agent_K64

FF8pc - Can the movies be played externally?
« on: 2004-03-06 16:27:54 »
I was wondering if there is any way to extract the movies from FF8pc, I'd really love to see some of them again...

Thanks.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Re: FF8pc - Can the movies be played externally?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-06 16:42:52 »
Quote from: Qhimm.com website
FF8FMV
With this utility, you can extract and view the Final Fantasy VIII FMVs from the movie archives found on the game CDs. You can view both the high-res and low-res movies, and optionally play them in fullscreen mode.

Partially I'm having a bad day, but I don't like when people ask questions instead of doing some trivial research. I realize there aren't any links back to http://www.qhimm.com on these forums so it's entirely possible to end up here without knowing about the main site, but the site is among the top hits when searching on Google. Have a nice day.

Agent_K64

« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-09 00:04:07 »
Erm, my bad...
Another question: I understand that FF8FMV saves the videos as Bink files. Can I convert those to AVIs? If so, what program could I use to do so?

And thanks for the reply.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-09 01:12:53 »
You can download Bink's official program, RAD Video Tools, to convert Bink -> AVI using codecs installed on your system.

Locutus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-15 11:10:08 »
You all were not precise about playing  movies externaly. Personaly i would add that by playing movies externaly you will not recive sound, music quality as in the game , that is becouse music and some sounds files are stored in different files than bink movie files.
So you will recive movie files only with sound and without music and  movies will sound differentlyt than in game..

shortly speaking you can convert to avi and play movies externaly but  movies will not sound exatly as in the game

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Yup!
« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-15 11:13:04 »
Hi!

That's right! Just be careful, though... the sound quality isn't amazing. Don't turn on any SRS-WOW effects if you use Windows Media Player to view your movies! I think the sound is sampled at 22050Hz.  :D

xeriouxi.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-15 12:02:14 »
You all were not precise about playing movies externaly. Personaly i would add that by playing movies externaly you will not recive sound, music quality as in the game , that is becouse music and some sounds files are stored in different files than bink movie files.
So you will recive movie files only with sound and without music and movies will sound differentlyt than in game..

IIRC, most of the movies do have the sound effects, but no music.