Author Topic: [FF7] Blue limit for AC mod  (Read 100556 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: ff7 blue limit for ac mod
« Reply #50 on: 2010-04-25 18:11:11 »
You should, it's good work

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #51 on: 2010-04-25 18:17:40 »
thanks obesebear
i work on news spells textures in my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51

it's just for test :)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #52 on: 2010-04-26 19:10:24 »
I like the way the ice crystals look.
You should try changing the ice rock on Ice III

kela51

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-04-26 19:54:48 »
I like the way the ice crystals look.
You should try changing the ice rock on Ice III

thanks but i didn't find the tex(name) for the rock >:(

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-04-26 20:31:56 »
The only help I can offer is after UNLGPing the magic.lgp look in its main folder and you will see "brizar" and "brizara" textures (there are 8 of them).

If those aren't them, from the folder you're in click open FF7/Data/Battle/Magic/   Once in here you will see two folders called "brizag" and "brizag2".  The textures are bound to be in there.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-04-26 21:17:40 »
I like the blue limit break but i guess it's more fit for an AC ambience than the original FF7 :b

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #56 on: 2010-04-26 22:29:45 »
thanks but i didn't find the tex(name) for the rock >:(
Check if it's posted on the file reconstruction project.
Hopefully it's there.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #57 on: 2010-04-26 22:35:21 »
I've tried everything that I can think of but this isn't working... It just shows up white. Any ideas?

Edit:
N/M I figured it out. Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem; if you have the WMRP installed do not use the .tex file! It took me a while to figure it out because without the .tex file the animation was being read from the cache.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-27 05:49:17 by therage800 »

protoeden

« Reply #58 on: 2010-04-28 05:34:47 »
excuse me, how to use this mod? ;D
thanks ;D ;D

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #59 on: 2010-04-28 05:39:22 »
I like the blue limit break but i guess it's more fit for an AC ambience than the original FF7 :b

But the orange one looks good too! (That's what I ended up using for that very reason)

kela51

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-04-28 16:56:01 »
thanks ;D ;D

install avalanche patch
put the .tex in your magic.lgp
and the png in your ff7 folder,textures folder and limit folder

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #61 on: 2010-04-28 17:12:55 »
thanks ;D ;D

install avalanche patch
put the .tex in your magic.lgp
and the png in your ff7 folder,textures folder and limit folder

If you do both steps one and two, the animation will be white. Just do steps 1 and 3.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-04-28 17:54:24 »
Or just use aali's new driver and create a modpath. No need to fiddle with lgp's

kela51

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-05-01 21:54:43 »
hi all!! I want to make a new texture for Ice1, but I never find where is this texture =/. Someone can help me please ?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-05-02 00:11:54 »
hi all!! I want to make a new texture for Ice1, but I never find where is this texture =/. Someone can help me please ?

This is no help? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9542.msg135074#msg135074

kela51

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-05-02 05:56:01 »
thanks obesebear  :) but i didn't find with this  :(

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-05-02 09:53:07 »

Hi kela51, ice1 doesnt actually use a .tex file for the texture thats proberly why you cant find it.

EDIT-
if you look at the RSD for it you will see
# Number of TIM (Texture) Files..NTEX=0
« Last Edit: 2010-05-02 09:59:39 by kranmer »

kela51

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-05-02 14:28:58 »

Hi kela51, ice1 doesnt actually use a .tex file for the texture thats proberly why you cant find it.

EDIT-

:o ah! it's ok  :-\ thanks
« Last Edit: 2010-05-02 14:35:13 by kela51 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-05-02 14:42:50 »

EDIT-

:o ah! it's ok  :-\ thanks

The files for Ice1 are
brizad.p
brizad.rsd
and thats it, i dont know if you can insert a TEX into it or anything like that.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-05-02 16:20:15 »
The files for Ice1 are
brizad.p
brizad.rsd
and thats it, i dont know if you can insert a TEX into it or anything like that.
It's most definitely possible.
Export the .p file to .3DS using Biturn. Open it up and its UV map should be ready to go.  Then all you have to do is open the .rsd and make it say

NTEX=1
TEX[0]=BRIZAD.TIM

Use Image2Tex to create your .tex file.   Name it Brizad.   And you're done :)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010-05-02 20:19:54 »
The files for Ice1 are
brizad.p
brizad.rsd
It's most definitely possible.
Export the .p file to .3DS using Biturn. Open it up and its UV map should be ready to go.  Then all you have to do is open the .rsd and make it say

NTEX=1
TEX[0]=BRIZAD.TIM

Use Image2Tex to create your .tex file.   Name it Brizad.   And you're done :)
That sounded easy but when i tried it i couldnt get it working, (but i am new to modeling so its highly possible i did somthing wrong)
I exported the .p to .3ds format with bitrun (old version) then opened it in PCreator and imported the BMP and fliped the Y on the UV map. then saved the .p file and edited the RSD file as you said, put it back into the game and then all that happens in game is i get the vertex error, then i hex edited the .p file as said in the other threads and got it working and then the ingame model is just huge and without colour.
(sorry if that doesnt make sense)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-05-02 20:34:50 »
That sounded easy but when i tried it i couldnt get it working, (but i am new to modeling so its highly possible i did somthing wrong)
I exported the .p to .3ds format with bitrun (old version) then opened it in PCreator and imported the BMP and fliped the Y on the UV map. then saved the .p file and edited the RSD file as you said, put it back into the game and then all that happens in game is i get the vertex error, then i hex edited the .p file as said in the other threads and got it working and then the ingame model is just huge and without colour.
(sorry if that doesnt make sense)
After you export it to a .3ds file, you want to open that in Blender (or whatever 3d modeling program you use).  From there you will likely need to weld the vertexes together because Biturn usually exports models with cracks in them.

Next open the object's UV map and apply whatever .bmp file you plan on using.  From there just move the faces around until it looks like you want it to.

Save and export it as a .3ds file again and open that in PCreator. Choose Battle Model, Texture files, Open bitmap, and also make sure to flip it on the Y axis just like you did the first time. Save. 
When you save it won't have .p on the end of it so go ahead and add it yourself.

Change the RSD to say
NTEX=1
TEX[0]=Brizad.tim

Now using Image2Tex open up the bitmap you want to use and save it as a .tex file. (make sure when saving you erase the entire filename and type in brizad.tex yourself.  Sometimes the program likes to save them as .bmp accidentally or won't overwrite.  So this is just precautionary.
Now then put all of your files where they belong and recompile magic.lgp using LGP/UnLGP by Aali.

The only way to make sure your file is the correct size is to test it in the game.  If it's not right, open it in Kimera and resize it.  Recompile..test...kimera...recompile...test...kimera...etc etc until it's like you want it.  Then hex edit it.

Finally, post pictures on qhimm

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #72 on: 2010-05-03 03:20:52 »
Hey can anyone please tell me that how can i use this mod?? ^^" as in in which folder do i replace the file tht would give me the blue limit?? ^^"

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #73 on: 2010-05-03 03:44:37 »
Hey can anyone please tell me that how can i use this mod?? ^^" as in in which folder do i replace the file tht would give me the blue limit?? ^^"

You really need to learn to figure things out for yourself... Try READING this thread  ;) I'll give you a clue, it's on page 2.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #74 on: 2010-05-03 05:43:25 »

You really need to learn to figure things out for yourself... Try READING this thread  ;) I'll give you a clue, it's on page 2.

lol yeah i tried but im lazy ^^" also thanks for the tip :P ^^