Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210363 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #400 on: 2014-08-22 13:27:38 »
If you only modified the model, the kernel was not affected. It can be found in data/kernel/kernel.bin btw. It's completely unrelated to models, though, so I don't see why he'd want it.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #401 on: 2014-08-22 13:51:55 »
If you only modified the model, the kernel was not affected. It can be found in data/kernel/kernel.bin btw. It's completely unrelated to models, though, so I don't see why he'd want it.

I need to for the limit breaks. I'm not super experienced using Wallmarket but I have made some alterations to the limits, though nothing like this, and it saved to the kernel.

No, when the limits are set in Wallmarket the file can be exported and just pasted into the kernel folder I believe. I'll also put together a 7thHeaven mod later when everything's done so there isn't so much work needed for installtion.

~By the way, this Werewolf is about 15% bigger all around now. I already fixed and pieces and bones, but give it a quick once over. I also haven't used it in the game so check out it's size. It should definitely be bigger than Barret now, without looking ridiculously massive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xcewd6iqx7yaopd/RedWerewolfBeta.7z
« Last Edit: 2014-08-22 14:20:12 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2014-08-22 14:26:42 »
Heres the kernel. I'll check out Red's size when I get home from work. Thanks again CMH.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03ej2c164oq3f34/kernel.rar?dl=0

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2014-08-22 15:08:10 »
Ok, I'm able to change the limit breaks but there's a few problems. For one the drop down menus to select the limits is cut off, basically says Box Red and about three or four letters of the limit. Is this just the current version or has it always been that way? Cant seem to resize Wallmarket either. The next is I'm not sure what Limits I can assign. I have Beast Flare, Berserk Dance, and was going to put Live Wire and Nightmare on level three. Still need three more. Was thinking of trying Satan Slam and Gigadunk but not sure if they'll work, and still need one more.

More importantly I'm not sure how to export this. I can save the whole kernel but requiring the whole file for just one model seems silly. Isn't there a way to export it and copy it into the kernel folder or something?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2014-08-22 15:11:19 »
Have you looked at Libre? It had all the info completely nothing was cut off. It's a limit break editor in the Big List.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2014-08-22 16:09:31 »
It has a lot of options for editing the limits themselves, but I don't see anything about replacing one for another.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2014-08-22 16:17:12 »
I didn't either. Hmm I wonder if good ol' Jeet has an idea. :)

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2014-08-22 17:39:04 »
Its simple, open LIBRE and check all values of " beast flare" ( example) u' ll see information about : animation, target, camera etc etc, just copy every values into the red 13 limits break " sled fang" (example) , no need to change the name if you just want to test it, and same for the camera, u can take the data of any camera, what is important is the animation value.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2014-08-22 17:57:51 »
Thanks I'll take another look and see if I can figure it out. I've never used the tool before. I've mostly done models, not gaming changing mods.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2014-08-22 19:42:47 »
This project definitely rounds a modders skills lol.

chasedark

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2014-08-22 23:47:13 »
It's looking really good, too.  I wish my animating MP Cloud would go as well Lol.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2014-08-23 02:36:14 »
It took a lot of time and people for this so far chase. Don't get discouraged. Send me some screenshots of what you have so far. I know if you put in the effort everyone chips in free time to help. Only if you show the dedication. A lot of people told me it was going to be hard or not possible. I just kept charging forward

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2014-08-23 02:48:06 »
Animations are tricky too since Kimera wasn't really designed with editing them in mind. It gets the job done, but it was more about editing the models. Just stay at it, stay patient, and for the love of god save often. Check out the 60 fps thread too, there's tons of animation discussions there.

chasedark

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2014-08-23 05:54:35 »
With my animations I learned to save often when I lost six full animations one day because I got the overflow error.  I've only got 10 animations done on MP Cloud, and the item-self one is the laziest one I've done because I couldn't think of how I wanted him to do it.  I'm also debating on whether or not to give him an actual melee weapon or keeping him all ranged(I'm going to try giving him Barret's limit breaks, Kuroda said it should work).

Does your Red have custom animations?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2014-08-23 18:43:04 »
Yes there are a lot of adjustments and created animations.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2014-08-23 18:53:20 »
With my animations I learned to save often when I lost six full animations one day because I got the overflow error. 

;D That's my first advice when someone ask about animation.  :-D

Have you tried to raise up the UNDO_BUFFER_CAPACITY = in the Kimera config? I have no idea what it is doing exactly, but it could be worth to try to change the value of it.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2014-08-23 20:00:12 »
Sounds like that might adjust the number of steps Kimera saves for undoing an action.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2014-08-23 20:15:01 »
Now that you mentioned it, it's obvious.  :roll:

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2014-08-23 20:26:59 »

Its simple, open LIBRE and check all values of " beast flare" ( example) u' ll see information about : animation, target, camera etc etc, just copy every values into the red 13 limits break " sled fang" (example) , no need to change the name if you just want to test it, and same for the camera, u can take the data of any camera, what is important is the animation value.

I attempted using wallmarket but it keeps crashing as soon as I open it. Even after installing .net and vis studio. Anyway you could take a look

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2014-08-23 20:59:39 »
Never mind kurodas working on it. :)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2014-08-23 21:02:40 »
I said I could have done it, I'm currently taking a break from FF7 to work on my novels.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2014-08-23 21:57:16 »
Oh ok kuroda. Sorry :) Jeet could you take a look? And Kuroda where you able to get any work done on the field model? If so can you send it to me? Thank ya

chasedark

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2014-08-23 22:47:58 »
For the overflow, I notice I don't get it at all when I run it in 256 colors, though that makes the models appear really horrible, it's great for things when I have to click on actual parts.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2014-08-23 22:56:25 »
I'll try the limits again but I'm making it up as I go. I have experience with Wallmarket but I'm not sure how to export a file with the new limits that can just be added to the kernel folder or something. At best I can save the whole thing, but it'll require everyone replace their whole kernel.bin files to install this. I'll try Libre again, I'm not sure how to replace a characters limits with another but I maybe able to figure it out.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2014-08-24 02:47:49 »
If you figure it out please document any findings and let nfitc1 know about it. It'd be nice to have some more info on the limits.