Author Topic: Menu language issue  (Read 2443 times)

zephyr918

• View Profile
Menu language issue
« on: 2020-12-20 09:15:22 »
I am experiencing a very odd problem. Most of the game is in english, all the character and story text etc. My menus however are in french, and so are some battle related items, like the attack boxes etc.

Hissa

• View Profile
Re: Menu language issue
« Reply #1 on: 2021-03-30 19:35:43 »
Hello,

With PC version bought from Square enix shop, i encountered the same problem.
It should be the same version as the steam version.

At the beginning of the installation of the game i can choose languages like german, french,... I installed the english version of the game.

I played the game a view hours with godo and godoFlevel Randomizer but i got annoyed by using the control stick and not the dpad. So I installed 7th haven and now all items are in french and other textes are in english.

I tried to replace all the files in the lang-fr folder with the english files but it did not work. I also tried to use the original kernel scene and flevel files but that did not fixed the problem.

Hope someone has an idea to fix this. At the mean time i continue playing the with the control stick...

PS: the randomizer stuff is great. hope in future upgrades the shop items gets randomized too.

Payback85

• View Profile
Re: Menu language issue
« Reply #2 on: 2021-04-18 21:08:12 »
Same issue here. I have a legit version of the game from the SE digital store downloaded onto my laptop. When it happened before I uninstalled the game and 7th Heaven and did a clean install of both, but I'm having the same problem. The dialogue and most of the menu is in English, but everything battle-related (weapons, armor, skills, enemy names, etc) are all in French. Not sure what's causing this... I have the game set up on my desktop, tested today, and it works fine there. Only on the laptop will Cloud's initial name be "Ex-SOLDAT" and his weapon the "Epee de whatever".