Author Topic: [Dissidia] Models - Viewer and Extractor Tool by MrAdults (2009-04-08)  (Read 150869 times)

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Re: Dissidia Models
« Reply #50 on: 2009-03-27 18:57:04 »
Thanks for the download link, the fact it can view locations is stunning aswell. I'd like to add that on your screenshot Lunar Whale is clearly visible in the moon level, however ingame, it never can be seen. I know that since I've checked multiple times roaming around the level just now on my PSP and it's clearly not there. Could it be content that was blocked from final version of the product?

EDIT
Tonberry also never appears in the game as 3D model, only 3D models that appear are main chars and villains, Cosmos and Chaos, nothing else (Other than locations that is) Summons and monsters like Tonberry appears in the game as 2D sprites from original sprites or artworks.

EDIT2
Aerith model is there aswell, what the heck? o.O

EDIT3
Why do the EX-Mode weapons appear untextured??

EDIT4
I went through all the models and it seems that actually NONE of characters EX-Modes models are here, neither their alternate models. (In the game, each character has EX-Mode, something like Limit Break, aswell as alternate costume, for Cloud it's Advent Children outfit and so on)
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 20:19:09 by Aurenasek116 »

MrAdults

« Reply #51 on: 2009-03-27 20:24:41 »
That's interesting, I didn't know those models weren't actually in the game. Maybe they're secret characters?

I noticed the untextured weapon models too, but textures for them don't actually exist in the model, I don't think. But they do have materials. I'd have to see a screenshot of them or something, but maybe they use procedural texturing and a blend mode? I don't obey any of the blend flags or anything for materials in the viewer, so that could explain things.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-03-27 20:50:47 »
Nope, the secret chars are Shantotto and Gabranth (FF11 and FF12 chars). I'd know if there were any secret chars since I have pretty much whored everything out of Dissidia (Already have over 145 gameplay hours lol) I think they simply forgot to cut the crisis core leftovers out.. Or they were testing something.

And here's a few screenshots of EX Modes and alternate outfits which also seem to not be showing up here...

Squall:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/29/Dissidia_Squall_Leonhart_ex.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/0/00/Dissidia-SeeDSquall.png

Kefka:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/7e/Dissidia_Kefka_Pallazzo_ex.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/5/56/Kefka_Alternate_Form.jpg

Cloud:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/8a/Dissidia_Cloud_ex.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/f/f2/CloudAlt.jpg

Sephiroth:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Dissidia_Sephiroth_ex.png
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Sephiroth_Alternate_Form.jpg

The filenames speak for themselves so I guess I don't need to describe what is what.

MrAdults

« Reply #53 on: 2009-03-27 20:56:12 »
Very weird, I just double-checked Squall and made sure every chunk/byte of his file is accounted for, and there's definitely no extra skins or mesh data for these Ex modes. All of those duplicates of the Squall model seem to only include different skeletal/animation data, too. No unknown chunks are parsed.

Maybe the ex skin/mesh data is in another batch of files or something. Are you sure the rip is complete?

koral

« Reply #54 on: 2009-03-27 20:57:28 »
Woohoo! That wraps up another Final Fantasy game!
(and its my 100th post, go me, go me!  :lol:)

I have updated the first post to reflect MrAdults work.  :-D

But I had absolutely no idea about all those "hidden" characters and models, that is an incredibly interesting find!  :-o
If only CC had something more mysterious about it. Its a little dissapointing.

Aurenasek, is it possible that there are more model files somwhere else, besides these files you uploaded here?

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-03-27 21:04:25 »
Those are ALL .gmo files that are in the game. I just decompiled whole .iso again just to make sure. Maybe they could be in other files...
If you could support me with some FTP or free webhosting that allows large files I'd upload whole decompiled iso so you could check up on the files.
I'm asking for that since FileFront bankrupted and they are closing on 30th.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 21:11:01 by Aurenasek116 »

MrAdults

« Reply #56 on: 2009-03-27 21:12:52 »
What you could try doing is running that texture extractor over the GMO's and other types of files, and see if it can get anything that mesh2rdm can't. You could also try running mesh2rdm over non-gmo extension files, but it won't work unless the full file chunk structure is intact. I don't know how the existing texture extraction tool(s) work, but if they don't need the gmo structure, they might be able to help find which other files have more character data in them.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-03-27 21:54:58 »
Hmm good idea. I'll seperate all filetypes into their own folders and then run the GIM extractor on them, hopefully I'll manage to isolate the format where textures of Ex-Modes and alternates are.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 21:57:53 by Aurenasek116 »

koral

« Reply #58 on: 2009-03-27 21:58:07 »
There are quite a number of breaks in the file-numbers, actually every other file (per-character).
Could you confirm if those "missing" files were extracted properly Aurenasek? Even if they had a different file extension. Maybe upload a handful of them on rapidshare?

Because what has me preplexed is why are there so many different GMO files per-character?
Are there multiple story-events with each new character, or are they simply LOD variations?

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-03-27 22:04:56 »
There are lots of story events in the game, half of the time you'll spend on watching cutscenes (in main story mode), so that's why there are so many seperate GMO's most likely, each having different animation set or maybe even skeleton.

As for the missing files, that's how the game is made. I can canfirm for bloody 9001th time that everything extracted properly. I don't understand why do you people not trust me :/ It's annoying.

EDIT
Bad news, the Gim extractor works only on the .iso itself, I tried running it over gmos and other files and it simply didn't work, so I guess that's when problems start.
Or maybe I'm too stupid to make it work with other types of files, I really don't know. Maybe someone else could try using it over the GMO's I uploaded?
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 22:17:22 by Aurenasek116 »

MrAdults

« Reply #60 on: 2009-03-27 22:17:44 »
I've just realized that those huge GMO files contain sub-models! I previously thought that they were entirely animation data. It looks the sub-models are parsed exactly like the ones in the individual model files, and I'm already finding some of the new costumes. It shouldn't take too long to hammer it out, so I'll go ahead and finish this up and put up a new release before I call it a day.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-03-27 22:19:13 »
Phew, you just saved me trouble of uploading 630MB of data. Rest are AT3 and PMF files so I decided to skip those on the spot (PMF = Video, AT3 = Audio)
You're great MrAdults, or should I say Rich? :P

koral

« Reply #62 on: 2009-03-27 22:22:26 »
Sorry if it souded like I was accusing you for being stupid, but its not you that I dont trust.
I dont trust the extractor.  :wink:

I might have to get my hands dirty with this and see what the ISO itself contains. A friend of mine has dissidia, so soon I will have all the data I need.

I apologise once again for potentially offending you Aurenasek116.

EDIT
not again, just as i was finishing my post, you come along  :-P
That is great news MrAdults!

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-03-27 22:30:12 »
It's ok Koral, but I wouldn't be so harsh on tools next time, Vash is as much good coder as you and Rich, he coded a lot of decompilers and extractors for PS2 and PSP games.

MrAdults

« Reply #64 on: 2009-03-27 22:44:24 »
Huge oversights is just a pitfall of trying to reverse-engineer content for a game you've never actually played, I guess. :-D But anyway, I'm sure koral didn't mean to say Vash is a bad coder, we were just exploring all the possibilities. And all coders make mistakes. :)

We are good to go now, I think. I ran through all of those later big files and they all seem viewable with all of the alternate costumes. You can get the new version here:
http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php&filemirror=mesh2rdmv191.zip

koral

« Reply #65 on: 2009-03-27 22:45:03 »
Sorry for doubting you too Vash!  :wink:

I will let you and MrAdults tie up the loose-ends here, I have spammed here enough already
:-)

EDIT:
again!?
Gawd, I dont know what to say!
Fantastic!  :-D

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009-03-27 23:10:32 »
And once again I have to report something. Great job on getting the alternate costumes showing up, but EX-Modes still aren't here, atleast not for all characters.
There's no winged sephy, no God form kefka, no neo-exdeath and so on. Could you please have another look at it MrAdults, if you have time that is?
Sorry for being so annoying on this, but I'm simply really very interested in Kefka's God form.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 23:13:59 by Aurenasek116 »

MrAdults

« Reply #67 on: 2009-03-27 23:18:01 »
Actually, there are multiple sub-models in some of the files, but I only parse one for the viewer. I thought I had it so you could optionally extract the second one with a command line switch, but I didn't test it, and apparently it's broken. :) I will fix it and get a new one up for you later.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009-03-27 23:33:47 »
Hmm, actually I haven't tested using the new command for submodels because I didn't realize you added it, but if you say it's broken then I'm not even going to.

MrAdults

« Reply #69 on: 2009-03-28 00:14:13 »
http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php&filemirror=mesh2rdmv192.zip
Ok, I'm really going to take a break now. :) This fixes that command line switch, and in models with multiple sub-models, you can push enter in preview mode to cycle through them. I tested that this works to get to Kefka's God form, so I hope you are appeased now. ;)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: 2009-03-28 11:24:15 »
Wow, Mr Adults (or should i call you rich?)
You Really know what you're doing! i take it you do this for money?
I'm Really impressed at your epic skill! Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: 2009-03-28 11:27:55 by NeoCloudstrife »

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009-03-28 11:45:00 »
From what I gathered he didn't do the crisis core and dissidia stuff for money but seeing as he worked on big gaming projects then it's obvious how he earns money, he's a great coder and everyone should treat him like that.
Sorry for talking a bit in 3rd person MrAdults  :-P

This version of mesh2rdm works perfectly, finally god Kefka model in my hands :> Thanks again.

koral

« Reply #72 on: 2009-03-28 11:59:38 »
He is just a game developer, very much like me  :-)
We happen to have a deep understanding of how games are made and how the data from the many files are expected be parsed in, so it is quite natural for us to find the relevant information from other game formats.

Please remember that with CC the data was not encrypted or compressed, so I had an easy time trying to find what I was looking for.
And with Dissidia, Aurenasek116 (via the epicness of Vash) provided the exact model files, so it was even more straight-forward.

It has been far easier for us to get these models viewed than it usually would be (think of the woes of FF7-FF12 and you will get some idea).
Luck was on our side, that is for sure  :lol:

But MrAdults is a lot quicker and better coder than me, there is no doubt about that!

And I have updated the first post for clarity. :wink:

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Dissidia Models - Viewer and Extractor Tool by MrAdults
« Reply #73 on: 2009-03-28 12:08:50 »
:0 wow, thanks a lot guys
Anyway, i'm a little stuck as to how to get mesh2rdm working properly. opened on its own, it just serves as a list of the functions it has. opened with a model, it serves a preview wondow. But i can't seem to get to anywhere where i could input the "command line" stuff. any help there? i wanna export as .obj and make use of the new feature :D
« Last Edit: 2009-03-28 12:54:11 by NeoCloudstrife »

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Re: Dissidia Models - Viewer and Extractor Tool by MrAdults
« Reply #74 on: 2009-03-28 13:17:05 »
I use Start -> Run -> Cmd and do all operations this way.
In cmd simply navigate to the path where you have mesh2rdm. Hope that helps.
If that won't help though, I could make a few .bat files for you, just tell me what exactly do you need :)