Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 557889 times)

Kujax

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul (v3.2)
« Reply #175 on: 2014-09-28 14:42:57 »
Hi guys, this is a video of me playing with Seed Reborn on the FF8 italian version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-n5ALrfJE
This is how i've modified the hashmap http://imgur.com/eEhoFQo
When i've opened the .csv file with Excel i didn't get any prompt to modify the colums etc.. so i don't know if that could be the problem. I've added the last 2 lines for the fonts because i thought that those could be the one missing that didn't change the numbers in battle screen, etc.. but it didn't work.

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-09-28 14:52:25 »
In excel you paste it in 1 cell. Then there is a little icon that appears next to the cell where you have options to paste the data. Open the "paste assistant" and do as i said ( paste as text, separate the columns manually). If you didn't see the little icon you can do as explained there:
http://www.wikihow.com/Copy-Paste-Tab-Delimited-Text-Into-Excel

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2014-09-28 15:17:21 »
Here's the problem i modify the colums to be texts and i set the comma as a separator, but when i go to save the file a prompt appears and it says me that it can't save the file as .csv because characteristics would go lost. If i accept to lose those characteristics it saves the file as .csv but all the hash codes get those 5 zeros added in the end, if i choose to not lose those characteristic it saves the file as .xlsx

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-09-28 15:35:29 »
In the menu select the columns ( they must be grey) before changing them from standard to text. It is just a technical problem. If you seek on the net you will find a solution.

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2014-09-28 16:24:20 »
This is how i've edited the file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G754Mle_89c
In a successive try to edit the file, during the upload of the video i've succesfully avoided the prompt error that shows when i try to save the file by saving it as .xslx and then changing the file formati into .csv but it didn't worki anyway.

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2014-09-28 17:18:29 »
You've done great until 0:32 in the video. Why don't you clic on the same button as for the start of the video ? Select all the data you pasted then instead of choosing the comma as a separator choose the space.

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2014-09-28 18:35:30 »
I don't know what to say, i've done exactly like you've said now, and when i go to save the file it says that if i save it as a .csv i'll lose characteristics.
It's f*cking embarassing, i'm feeling so stupid right now <.<
EDIT: Finally i've made some progress, i've edited the .csv file using notepad and now the mod is partially working. Actually the white borders in menu and the ATB in battle are working fine, even the names of the characters are ok.
Nearly all the numbers are not changed, icons and title of elemental and status defenses aren't working either, maybe it could be a problem of the palette, i've no idea.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-28 19:18:37 by Kujax »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2014-09-28 19:16:15 »
when you save as a csv, you are only supposed to lose things like cell width, bold, and other formatting related stuff. It should not change the actual content of cells.

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2014-09-28 19:40:51 »
I've done it!
After editing the .csv file with notepad, i've begun to change the hash codes values.
Basically i had to change all the "iconit_" that Shunsq provided us into "iconit_13" for every code.
Now the problem is the blue gradient but it's not a big trouble for now.
I hope that my experience could be useful for others italian players.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #184 on: 2014-09-28 19:54:52 »
I've done it!
After editing the .csv file with notepad, i've begun to change the hash codes values.
Basically i had to change all the "iconit_" that Shunsq provided us into "iconit_13" for every code.
Now the problem is the blue gradient but it's not a big trouble for now.
I hope that my experience could be useful for others italian players.

Could you post a tutorial video on how to implement this onto youtube?
It would be very helpful to everyone trying to accomplish the same task an any language. :)

RichterB

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2014-09-28 21:38:03 »
Hey guys, any news about the button names repointing, to not have B1, B2, ecc?

Anyway, how can I try the Beta Italian release?

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2014-09-28 22:08:43 »
Quote from: Mcindus
Could you post a tutorial video on how to implement this onto youtube?
It would be very helpful to everyone trying to accomplish the same task an any language. :)
Yes of course, i'll do it tomorrow.

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2014-09-29 09:51:14 »
Here is the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5BdB-OTXmE

English instructions:
1)Go into Final Fantasy 8 folder, open the "textures" folder that you've added when installing Tonberry and create a new folder called "iconit" inside the folder named "ic";
2)Copy the .png file that Shunsq uploaded on the forum into "iconit" folder and name it "iconit_13";
3)Open the "tonberry" folder, located in Final Fantasy 8 folder. Inside there is a file named "hash1map.csv". Open it with Notepad; *
4)Copy all the codes that Shunsq uploaded but edit them, changing all the "iconit_" numbers in 13, and adding a "," as separator between the title and the codes;
5)Save the file and the mod should work fine.

Italian instructions:
1)Nella cartella di Final Fantasy 8, apri la cartella "textures" che è stata creata lì installando Tonberry e crea una nuova cartella chiamandola "iconit" all'interno della sottocartella "ic";
2)Copia il file .png che Shunsq ha caricato sul forum nella cartella "iconit" e chiamalo "iconit_13";
3)Apri la cartella "tonberry", situata nella cartella di Final Fantasy 8. All'interno c'è un file chiamato "hash1map.csv". Aprilo con il Blocco Note. *
4)Copia tutti i codici che Shunsq ha caricato ma modificali, cambiando tutti i numeri finali di "iconit_" in 13, ed aggiungendo una "," per separare il titolo ed i codici;
5)Salva il file e la mod dovrebbe funzionare correttamente.

*The file "hash1map.csv" that i open inside "tonberry" folder is edited yet, so i show you that i modify an original copy of it that i've save on the desktop as backup.
*Il file "hash1map.csv" che apro dentro la cartella "tonberry" è già modificato, quindi vi faccio vedere come si modifica lavorando su una copia che avevo salvato sul desktop come backup.

I hope that is understandable, it's my first video tutorial, if you want me to make any changes say it without any problems.

RichterB

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2014-09-29 10:30:36 »
Here is the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5BdB-OTXmE

English instructions:
1)Go into Final Fantasy 8 folder, open the "textures" folder that you've added when installing Tonberry and create a new folder called "iconit" inside the folder named "ic";
2)Copy the .png file that Shunsq uploaded on the forum into "iconit" folder and name it "iconit_13";
3)Open the "tonberry" folder, located in Final Fantasy 8 folder. Inside there is a file named "hash1map.csv". Open it with Notepad; *
4)Copy all the codes that Shunsq uploaded but edit them, changing all the "iconit_" numbers in 13, and adding a "," as separator between the title and the codes;
5)Save the file and the mod should work fine.

Italian instructions:
1)Nella cartella di Final Fantasy 8, apri la cartella "textures" che è stata creata lì installando Tonberry e crea una nuova cartella chiamandola "iconit" all'interno della sottocartella "ic";
2)Copia il file .png che Shunsq ha caricato sul forum nella cartella "iconit" e chiamalo "iconit_13";
3)Apri la cartella "tonberry", situata nella cartella di Final Fantasy 8. All'interno c'è un file chiamato "hash1map.csv". Aprilo con il Blocco Note. *
4)Copia tutti i codici che Shunsq ha caricato ma modificali, cambiando tutti i numeri finali di "iconit_" in 13, ed aggiungendo una "," per separare il titolo ed i codici;
5)Salva il file e la mod dovrebbe funzionare correttamente.

*The file "hash1map.csv" that i open inside "tonberry" folder is edited yet, so i show you that i modify an original copy of it that i've save on the desktop as backup.
*Il file "hash1map.csv" che apro dentro la cartella "tonberry" è già modificato, quindi vi faccio vedere come si modifica lavorando su una copia che avevo salvato sul desktop come backup.

I hope that is understandable, it's my first video tutorial, if you want me to make any changes say it without any problems.

Ok, thanks. The problem is that the Shunsq .png file is little wrong with "vibracioni" instead of correct italian "vibrazioni". Don't remember if it has other wrong parts.
Mcindus uploaded a correct version of that file, but it's all grey, without various colours like the Shunsq one.

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2014-09-29 11:08:30 »
Yeah but those are little problems, for the moment the important thing is that the mod is working for everyone.
When there will be the new release, those little thing will be fixed as little as i know.

Enkanel

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2014-09-29 11:16:30 »
Yes they will :) And I don't recall seeing the vibration fonction in the Steam/PC version anyway :P (or this game doesn't even recognize the xbox controller xD )

XxXManuXxX

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2014-09-29 15:06:41 »
Ciao Kujax senti ho seguito tutto quello che hai scritto e avevo anche provato ad eseguie quest'operazione una settimana fa, pero sia oggi che l'altra volta quando finisco di editare has1map.csv e avvio il gioco la grafica è tutta sfasata. sai dirmi come postare le immagini sul forum? perchè quando clicco instert image mi da questo ([ img][/img ]) e non so come fare :( quindi o uploadato un file zip qui: http://www.2shared.com/file/OzL_tdh0/Bug_del_gioco.html contenente delle immagini in cui mostro: dove ho messo le immagini, come ho inserito le stringhe nel hash1map.csv e i bug grafici che ho dopo aver eseguito il procedimento da te suggerito :( Se ho sbagliato qualcosa dimmelo per favore. spero mi saprai aiutare
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 15:27:52 by XxXManuXxX »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2014-09-29 15:30:15 »
Ok, thanks. The problem is that the Shunsq .png file is little wrong with "vibracioni" instead of correct italian "vibrazioni".
The "vibration" texture is unused, unlike the PSX version when pausing the game it only display "pause".

Thanks Kujax, it finally works for my french version. Only thing missing was deleting spaces and adding a "," as separator between the title and the codes in the hasmap.
One palette seems to be wrong along with several gfx artifacts and a missing texture for the grey letters:

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2014-09-29 16:14:46 »
Ciao Kujax senti ho seguito tutto quello che hai scritto e avevo anche provato ad eseguie quest'operazione una settimana fa, pero sia oggi che l'altra volta quando finisco di editare has1map.csv e avvio il gioco la grafica è tutta sfasata. sai dirmi come postare le immagini sul forum? perchè quando clicco instert image mi da questo ([ img][/img ]) e non so come fare :( quindi o uploadato un file zip qui: http://www.2shared.com/file/OzL_tdh0/Bug_del_gioco.html contenente delle immagini in cui mostro: dove ho messo le immagini, come ho inserito le stringhe nel hash1map.csv e i bug grafici che ho dopo aver eseguito il procedimento da te suggerito :( Se ho sbagliato qualcosa dimmelo per favore. spero mi saprai aiutare
Ciao, ho capito il problema. Hai sbagliato quando hai scaricato l'immagine che poi hai chiamato iconit_13, salvala da questo link http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/263/0/b/iconit_13_by_shunsquall-d7zx5fq.png e sostituiscilo nella cartella, dovrebbe funzionare.

P.S. sorry if we're speaking italian, but i think that Manu can't speak english well.

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2014-09-29 17:02:50 »
Thank you Kujax for the tutorial!
I didn't think there would be so much trouble in modifying the hash1map. Personally i prefer using a sheet editor like excel but if  it is easier to use notepad, why not?
5way: The blue/yellow texts artifacts come from the textures iconfr_15 and iconfr_21 that have the same hashcode. Omzy didn't solve the problem yet. Concerning the missing fonts copy the following line to hash1map:

sysfld01_13   18410706480546887167         big fonts white

A little explanation about Tonberry: As you may have understood there are 2 other csv called "collision"and "hash2map". The first one is a list of textures that are bugging because they share the same hashcodes. The second csv is an attempt to correct the "collision" problem, with the colliding textures having proper codes. The problem right now is that i don't know how omzy generates the hash2map codes; i will ask him when i feel the need of it. Right now you can  already play the game with HD textures even if they are all grey :-P.
But don't worry, there is a trick. Name all the lines "iconfr_15". It tells Tonberry that all the codes call iconfr_15 instead of the other textures in/ iconfr. That's why i did only one texture for several purposes ( blue loading bar, blue icons, purple icons, red "miss" and "target", golden star,etc...).

« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 17:08:07 by Shunsq »

RichterB

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2014-09-29 17:29:34 »
Forse mi sbaglio, ma credo non sia necessario copiare tutte quelle righe scritte da Shunsq in hash1map.csv. Se guardate bene, ci sono molti codici identici che hanno di diverso solo la parte iniziale "iconit_". Però mettendo sempre iconit_13, immagino non sia necessario copiare varie volte lo stesso codice.
Esempio:
iconit_18   15507359577279299071
iconit_19   15507359577279299071
iconit_20   15507359577279299071

Come vedete, eccetto la parte iniziale, il resto è identico. Quindi se mettiamo sempre iconit_13, il codice possiamo scriverlo solo una volta.

English: It's a post just for users with game in italian language.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #196 on: 2014-09-29 18:04:10 »
The "vibration" texture is unused, unlike the PSX version when pausing the game it only display "pause".

Thanks Kujax, it finally works for my french version. Only thing missing was deleting spaces and adding a "," as separator between the title and the codes in the hasmap.
One palette seems to be wrong along with several gfx artifacts and a missing texture for the grey letters:

Vibration is unused, and until someone finds the code to change the buttons to textures, we will probably never see it in-game.

The hashmap codes you have are pointing to the wrong places, 5way.  For instance, the blue palette should not be used unless your party member has a status effect.  This might be an issue with how Tonberry handles the pixel locations (shunsq's greyscale issue he was mentioning) and will be fixed for the next release of Tonberry, but according to Omzy, that might be a month or two (if we're lucky).  This might NOT be the same issue, though - because Acquis! is showing properly.

Also, thank you for pointing out the blue palette glitch -- it's just misaligned, and since I can't test myself, I'm glad we're handling this process now!  I will modify the palettes accordingly and send an update to you very soon!  The palette that is not being pulled up for the numbers is "iconfr_28".  I think that "iconfr_28" and "iconfr_24" may need to be flipped around in your hash codes.  Try that and let me know if there's an improvement.

Have you tried the sysfld_01.png hashcode change that Shunsq recommended on his post to fix the missing dark text palette?  Does it work?

XxXManuXxX

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2014-09-29 18:17:00 »
Avevi ragione Kujax grazie mille. ora apparte qualche piccolo bug grafico e qualche laggata funziona benissimo ^^

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2014-09-30 01:28:45 »
sysfld01_13   18410706480546887167         big fonts white
Thanks, problem solved!

I think that "iconfr_28" and "iconfr_24" may need to be flipped around in your hash codes.  Try that and let me know if there's an improvement.
Definitely looks better but now critical (yellow) and dead (red) status remains grey all the time (same during encounters).

Kujax

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2014-09-30 06:57:29 »
That happens in italian version too.