Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837024 times)

Fenrilou

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8200 on: 2019-07-09 05:19:11 »
Oh yes I have access to PHS and swap Barret back. Thank you I will try with only Cloud in the team.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-09 05:21:28 by Fenrilou »

hiruman

• View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: 2019-07-09 08:59:47 »
I have some question regarding this mod. Can I combine this NT mod with Remako HD graphics mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: 2019-07-09 10:10:10 »
Oh yes I have access to PHS and swap Barret back. Thank you I will try with only Cloud in the team.

The team has to be Cloud, Aeris, and Tifa for that fight.

I have some question regarding this mod. Can I combine this NT mod with Remako HD graphics mod?

It can be through the 7th Heaven mod loader.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: 2019-07-09 15:28:17 »
Hi guys, I am in the point where I have to spent SP points and I have a lot of doubts.

I am in a point where I can change the team without any farming, so I need to know:

1. Which team is the best in late game.

2. Which are the best forms to spent SP points on each character.

Someone can, please, give me some advise?

Thanks.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: 2019-07-09 19:12:19 »
Hi Sega Chief,

some thoughts and observations:

I am at the point where Meteor appears and Tifa leads the party.

In Junon
Spoiler: show
Aeris makes gestures into the air as if she is talking to Tifa, which looks a bit silly (but i am not sure if that's easy to change).

And if Cid leads the party and Tifa is in the hospital to care for Cloud, she appears in Junon as well.

I can not buy softs in Costa del Sol anymore...?

Tifa/Cid leads the party and i cannot sleep in Villa AVALANCHE - is this vanilla behaviour? At least Tifa should be able...it's AVALANCHE after all.

Comet2 hits 4 times, the description says 6x. I think, that's balanced though.

If i
decide to revive Aeris, she is not present when Barret talks to Tifa on the Highwind after her jump from the Sister Ray. If i go inside the ship and enter the deck again, Aeris appears.

Why does Choco-Billy insult bad Chocobos?  :'( "Fecking horrible", really? (On a serious note, that threw me a bit out of the game. I do not think that it fits his character. I liked the hint from his sister that he scammed you with the weeds btw - is that vanilla?)

Regarding mechanics...could it be that the darkness-status prevents the use of the [cover]-materia? I could swear that my afflicted char stopped covering others. If yes, that's cool.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-09 20:06:40 by Torawakamaru »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8205 on: 2019-07-09 21:07:46 »
Hi guys, I am in the point where I have to spent SP points and I have a lot of doubts.

I am in a point where I can change the team without any farming, so I need to know:

1. Which team is the best in late game.

2. Which are the best forms to spent SP points on each character.

Someone can, please, give me some advise?

Thanks.

The first rank-up option tends to compliment the character's strongest starting stats so that can be a good shout if unsure. As for best, that depends but a cover-tank Barret tends to do well, Tifa as a fast/physical, or Red XIII as magic. Cloud

Hi Sega Chief,

some thoughts and observations:

I am at the point where Meteor appears and Tifa leads the party.

In Junon
Aeris makes gestures into the air as if she is talking to Tifa, which looks a bit silly (but i am not sure if that's easy to change).

And if Cid leads the party and Tifa is in the hospital to care for Cloud, she appears in Junon as well.

I can not buy softs in Costa del Sol anymore...?

Tifa/Cid leads the party and i cannot sleep in Villa AVALANCHE - is this vanilla behaviour? At least Tifa should be able...it's AVALANCHE after all.

Comet2 hits 4 times, the description says 6x. I think, that's balanced though.

If i
decide to revive Aeris, she is not present when Barret talks to Tifa on the Highwind after her jump from the Sister Ray. If i go inside the ship and enter the deck again, Aeris appears.

Why does Choco-Billy insult bad Chocobos?  :'( "Fecking horrible", really? (On a serious note, that threw me a bit out of the game. I do not think that it fits his character. I liked the hint from his sister that he scammed you with the weeds btw - is that vanilla?)

Regarding mechanics...could it be that the darkness-status prevents the use of the [cover]-materia? I could swear that my afflicted char stopped covering others. If yes, that's cool.

Aeris seems to have some logic problems with Junon (maybe other towns?). I'll sort it out for the next patch.

Shops I think change on Disc 2 and other points of the game. I can set Costa to retain its inventory if the second one isn't as good. Ideally I'd edit all the shops but that's an .exe job and the tool used for it is pretty buggy.

The villa is probably checking for Cloud instead of Party Member #0; should be straightforward to sort that out.

Comet2 I don't know if I've changed it back to 4, or intended to set it to 6 but not done so. If 4 feels more balanced then I can leave as-is for now. It might be to do with reverting to an older backup kernel due to the character AI vanishing on one of the builds.

I change the dialogue for things that I don't expect to be seen very often, but thinking about it the Wonderfuls in Icicle Area appear with Terribles and the formations don't differ much (Jumping + Jumping x2 for wonderful, but a Terrible can appear with Jumping + Icicle Fang). I guess you're right, it is a bit out of sorts. I'll alter this to something else.

So I looked this up on the wiki about Cover and, to my surprise, Darkness does in fact prevent Cover. I never knew that.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: 2019-07-09 21:56:05 »
Hi @Sega, thanks for the reply, one question. Does the X3 velocity works in the NT Mod???

Another question, does Exp Plus affect to all members of the team or only the one who has the materia equipped?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-09 23:26:12 by BertShadow »

Batcow

• View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: 2019-07-09 23:04:03 »
So uh... this is probably down to personal taste and situation, but I don't really like the addition of the spoiler to the fortuner teller in the Golden Saucer. I know NT isn't intended for first time players, but I thought that the changes were almost entirely gameplay + restored scenes, so I'm using the mod while I'm playing for the fourth time, but my girlfriend is watching for the first. I don't know if a first time player/viewer would realise the fortune teller is literally spoiling the game (my girlfriend didn't comment) but it seems so blatant. Kind of an annoying issue in a mod I'm otherwise really enjoying. Maybe add a warning to the mod page that NT will make the game spoil itself?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-10 03:23:57 by Batcow »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: 2019-07-10 08:20:07 »
Hi @Sega, thanks for the reply, one question. Does the X3 velocity works in the NT Mod???

Another question, does Exp Plus affect to all members of the team or only the one who has the materia equipped?

Velocity x3? I'm unfamiliar with that; Quadra Magic and 4x-Cut are in the mod if those are what you mean.

EXP Plus affects the equipped party member only. More can be obtained from Wonder Square in Gold Saucer.

So uh... this is probably down to personal taste and situation, but I don't really like the addition of the spoiler to the fortuner teller in the Golden Saucer. I know NT isn't intended for first time players, but I thought that the changes were almost entirely gameplay + restored scenes, so I'm using the mod while I'm playing for the fourth time, but my girlfriend is watching for the first. I don't know if a first time player/viewer would realise the fortune teller is literally spoiling the game (my girlfriend didn't comment) but it seems so blatant. Kind of an annoying issue in a mod I'm otherwise really enjoying. Maybe add a warning to the mod page that NT will make the game spoil itself?

In the older builds of NT, it wasn't a spoiler in the sense that what happens at the end of Disc 1 was changed and didn't have an option tied to it like the newer builds do. But I see what you're saying, I'll change it up.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: 2019-07-10 08:54:16 »
Velocity x3? I'm unfamiliar with that; Quadra Magic and 4x-Cut are in the mod if those are what you mean.
Some modern versions of FF7 have the option of increase the game speed X3.

EXP Plus affects the equipped party member only. More can be obtained from Wonder Square in Gold Saucer.
How much GP?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-10 08:56:20 by BertShadow »

Gabriel Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: 2019-07-10 11:20:38 »
Hey Sega Chief,

I was playing, what I'd guess is, an older version of the mod that comes with gameplay mods from 7th heaven, then I downloaded the latest you've uploaded to the forum, it has some pretty big changes in relation to the one i was using, specially in the materia stat change department, I just want to know if the loading a file that I was playing the older version isn't bugging the newer one, so could you please confirm it?

I also saved with the newer one, then loaded the old mod, it got all bugged up, i think i need to restart my file, bummer, but at least I wasn't too far in the game.

Also, the scorpion robot boss from the early game is straight up destroying me
« Last Edit: 2019-07-10 11:38:16 by Gabriel Wolf »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: 2019-07-10 12:00:13 »
Some modern versions of FF7 have the option of increase the game speed X3.
How much GP?

Ah I see, there is no innate speed-up option but there is a tool called Ochu which can vary the framerate of fields, battles, and world map (along with other features):
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14194.0

To edit the FPS, go to the frame tab and press F1 I think it is to enter edit mode (text should turn green). Make changes then right-click on the form and save. The press F1 again to exit edit mode.

As for exp plus, I can't quite recall and at work right now so can't check. Will be between 300GP and 500GP.

Hey Sega Chief,

I was playing, what I'd guess is, an older version of the mod that comes with gameplay mods from 7th heaven, then I downloaded the latest you've uploaded to the forum, it has some pretty big changes in relation to the one i was using, specially in the materia stat change department, I just want to know if the loading a file that I was playing the older version isn't bugging the newer one, so could you please confirm it?

I also saved with the newer one, then loaded the old mod, it got all bugged up, i think i need to restart my file, bummer, but at least I wasn't too far in the game.

Also, the scorpion robot boss from the early game is straight up destroying me

1.4 to 1.5 can introduce problems with the savemap, but only if you're late in the game. The game is quite flexible when it comes to save files, and stuff like Materia AP, character EXP, etc. tends to sort themselves out (there may be a visual bug with the exp gauges where it bleeds out of the gauge if exp between versions is different, but this fixes itself once the character has leveled up and EXP has gotten to where it expects to be level-wise). 1.5 to 1.4 should be the same kind of deal.

With the latest 7h versions, the exe adjustments are made by injection through the IRO which includes the materia adjustments. If your basic materia like fire, ice, etc. are reducing vitality (and spirit? I forget the second stat) by 3 and increasing MP by 3% then those changes have gone through. If these materia are instead dropping your HP by 5% then the exe changes haven't gone through.

Guard Scorpion in the reactor should be hitting for around 100-150 damage, with a pause in between attacks to select target (he can perhaps crit, but Luck stat is at 0 so should be very unlikely). One thing you can do is have the character targeted with search scope defend to mitigate the incoming damage. His tail is due to go up after he makes his second attack so best to halt attacking after that point and focus on healing up until the tail goes down again.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: 2019-07-10 14:28:54 »
Hi Sega Chief,

i did some Chocobo racing and  for some reason the first race was sped up to double or triple speed - a nice QoL change. But the races after that were normal speed. Is that something intended? And can i trigger the speed-up reliably?

I encountered a small bug while doing the Mega-Materia part in Corel:

The guards at the reactor were initially peaceful and i did talk to them (and moved around while talking? not sure anymore). Then i entered the reactor and triggered their attack ("It's AVALANCHE" or something). Then the train drove away, my party members said their lines but i could walk around with Cid and he never continued with this script.

What i did: re-entering the screen - the guards were there again and i made sure not to talk to them. Worked flawlessly this time.

The sequence where you have to slow down the train was very confusing to me (tbh it was confusing every playthrough) - did you change it so that cannot fail ?

In the

Goldberry-Fight my Aeris grew bigger and bigger...i kept trying to heal the others from mini until i realized it. It doesn't seem specific to her (i read older posts which mention this as well), can you fix it?. The petrify-counter was really hard to read at a certain point.

I also don't get field-messages from Cloud anymore regarding his innate. Doesn't he get powered up by other limits anymore (fighting with him seems like it)?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-10 19:09:53 by Torawakamaru »

Tyler Durden

• I Am Jacks Broken Heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: 2019-07-10 19:36:05 »
Im having a issue up in the ice mountains, where im completely stuck and cant progress any further. hopefully someone here can help? fighting the 2 headed dragon/dinosaur thing and its just kicking my ass, badly. each of its attacks is doing over 1000 damage, sometimes getting 3 or 4 attacks in a row and just wiping my party easily. my cloud is level 46 so i dont understand how i could be getting stomped so badly... ive tried using tranquilizers, Mbarrier, barrier and haste. but the barriers only last for a few attacks before disappearing. i was not prepared for this huge difficulty spike, healing items are running low... all the bosses before this were difficult, but not impossible... Maybe its because i never grinded SP the whole game and i didn't put enough points in defensive stats? if thats the case, im still kinda screwed because theres no leaving the mountain area now. shinra has blocked off the exit. ive mostly enjoyed this mod tell now, but this fight is just unreasonably difficult... thoughts anyone?

lordkeiser

• View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: 2019-07-10 21:09:37 »
Hi segachief i was farmigng on disc 3 but at some point lvl 81 or some when i levelup  my hp  and mp dont increase is this normal?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: 2019-07-10 22:33:01 »
Hi Sega Chief,

i did some Chocobo racing and  for some reason the first race was sped up to double or triple speed - a nice QoL change. But the races after that were normal speed. Is that something intended? And can i trigger the speed-up reliably?

I encountered a small bug while doing the Mega-Materia part in Corel:

The guards at the reactor were initially peaceful and i did talk to them (and moved around while talking? not sure anymore). Then i entered the reactor and triggered their attack ("It's AVALANCHE" or something). Then the train drove away, my party members said their lines but i could walk around with Cid and he never continued with this script.

What i did: re-entering the screen - the guards were there again and i made sure not to talk to them. Worked flawlessly this time.

The sequence where you have to slow down the train was very confusing to me (tbh it was confusing every playthrough) - did you change it so that cannot fail ?

In the

Goldberry-Fight my Aeris grew bigger and bigger...i kept trying to heal the others from mini until i realized it. It doesn't seem specific to her (i read older posts which mention this as well), can you fix it?. The petrify-counter was really hard to read at a certain point.

I also don't get field-messages from Cloud anymore regarding his innate. Doesn't he get powered up by other limits anymore (fighting with him seems like it)?

The speedup on chocobo racing is actually some sort of bug with the PC version, I'm not actually 100% sure of the cause. It used to be (and may still be the case for some users) that the other minigames can be drastically sped up as well. There was some sort of frame-limiter fix for that in the OpenGL driver, but I still occasionally get a faster than normal chocobo race when playing.

The guards probably have a left-over script from a sidequest I'd planned (it involved delivering letters to various shinra personnel around the world, starting with that former SOLDIER guy who runs the store in Junon) but I scrapped it in the end. I'll clean up the scripts.

The train sequence was unaltered but it is confusing how the end plays out. My understanding of it was that it couldn't be failed, but I think I looked into the script and it may be possible to cause the crash with the wrong combination.

The correct solution doesn't really line up with Cid's original dialogue either (he says to alternate the levers the other way around from when you sped up your train to catch up but the way to stop the train is to hit both levers down, which actually speeds the train up, do that twice and then he hits the emergency brake to bring it to a halt).

I could have a go at rescripting this so that it makes a bit more sense.

The Goldberries have variants of their counter attack with different effects; one of the effects has no negative side-effects except to make the target's model grow slightly. The idea of that one was to make that fight hard to read; lot of things going on that are unusual or not clearly telegraphed. In hindsight, it's a really badly designed fight so it'll be getting reworked when I do the last full upgrade patch.

As for Cloud's innate, I think those innates check for whether or not they'll exceed the 255 stat cap and will not trigger if they will (as this causes it to roll back down to 0). I got some extra space in the kernel for character AI so I'll be reworking the innates a bit to get around this limitation.

Im having a issue up in the ice mountains, where im completely stuck and cant progress any further. hopefully someone here can help? fighting the 2 headed dragon/dinosaur thing and its just kicking my ass, badly. each of its attacks is doing over 1000 damage, sometimes getting 3 or 4 attacks in a row and just wiping my party easily. my cloud is level 46 so i dont understand how i could be getting stomped so badly... ive tried using tranquilizers, Mbarrier, barrier and haste. but the barriers only last for a few attacks before disappearing. i was not prepared for this huge difficulty spike, healing items are running low... all the bosses before this were difficult, but not impossible... Maybe its because i never grinded SP the whole game and i didn't put enough points in defensive stats? if thats the case, im still kinda screwed because theres no leaving the mountain area now. shinra has blocked off the exit. ive mostly enjoyed this mod tell now, but this fight is just unreasonably difficult... thoughts anyone?

It sounds like you might have Active ATB on or are using Haste on top of the barrier effect, which will cause it to wear off much faster. Stick the game on Wait ATB and slow the speed down a bit for that one so you can get more mileage out of your status effects.

//Short version
Protect your party against Water (or Wind, but preferably Water) using Typhoon Ring, Adaman Bangle, Elemental Materia, or Chocofeather. Bolt Armlet + Aurora Armlet can also block a couple of attacks. Materia like Osmose, Heal, etc. have elements like Water, Wind on them for use with Elemental Materia.

Get Barrier up and avoid using Haste. Focus down right-head first with a spellcaster, the other two party members focusing support (one of these supports should be geared heavily for physical attacks to kill the left-head later).

Avoid using attacks that hit both heads like Summons as they both have a counter-attack that triggers when attacked enough times. Focus on the right-head, and when it dies, left-head will become more aggressive but be less dangerous due to your elemental protection.

Watch out for final attacks from the heads when they die, make sure you're healed up and use Sense to track HP.

//Long version
The right-head is physical-aligned, and the left-head is magic-aligned; they are immune to damage of their aligned type. Right-head uses mostly physical element attacks, whereas left-head uses a mix of Water, Wind, and Ice. Water is by far the most effective element to protect against in this fight, as Left's standard attack and variant of the Double Attack are both water element. If you have the Typhoon ring from outside the Forgotten City (used to be Water Ring), or an Adaman Bangle then those will be handy here. Otherwise, Elemental + Osmose, or Elemental + Leviathan can reduce the damage Left deals.

Both heads, like the original Schizo fight, have a counter-attack which triggers when the heads have been attacked a certain number of times.

Because of the physical immunity on right-head and the magical immunity on left-head, it likely isn't possible to damage both heads at the same time. So try and avoid using attacks that hit both heads at the same time as you'll increment both their counters and may accidentally trigger both at the same time.

Right-head: After being hit 5 times, will use Tremor (Physical, removes protective magic)
Left-head: After being hit 6 times, will use Avalanche (Magical, ice element, inflicts Slow)

As Left-head's counter is Ice element, an Aurora Armlet can be handy for that (though like I said above, Water is the better element to protect against; Ice protection would be a nice bonus).

This set up with the counters means that it can be dangerous to bring both heads down at the same time, but when one head dies the remaining head becomes more aggressive and starts using stronger attacks. That can usually throw people off the first time.

And when one of the heads dies, it uses a unique death counter; right-head uses a final attack that can inflict Poison + Darkness (100% chance), while the left-side head uses a final attack that inflicts Poison + Silence instead (but at 33% chance. When the last remaining head dies, it uses a stronger version of the final attack (left-side's final counter when it is the last remaining head is Bolt-element).

Now for beating this guy. Both heads are weak to Earth, and the left-side head's attacks can be reasonably defended against using equipment like Ice Ring/Aurora Armlet (Avalanche counter-attack is Ice element), Typhoon Ring/Adaman Bangle (his standard single-target attacks are wind + water element), and Bolt Ring/Bolt Armlet (his final death counter as the last remaining head is bolt element).

The right-side head, though, mostly uses physical elements which are harder to nullify. So I reckon it'd be a good shout to prepare your team to block Water (this will counteract left-head's beam attack, and his variant of the Double Attack which is water element). Focus on killing the right-side/physical head first with Quake or Quake2 if you have it. Play it safe with one caster doing the damage, and the other two focusing on support (have one of these supports geared up for dealing physical damage, as you'll need that for the left-side head once the right-side head is killed).

If you have fairly decent coverage of Water-element protection, you can maybe forgo MBarrier and focus on maintaining Barrier instead. If you don't have good access to elemental protection then keep both up and avoid using Haste as it will drain them out faster (Wait ATB as well, Active ATB makes barriers almost useless).

When one of the heads dies, the other head becomes more aggressive, which can be dangerous due to the heads using a final counter when killed. Use Sense on the right-head so you can keep track of its HP (19,000 per head) and top your mitigation/HP up before landing the killing blow, with a turn or two on standby to heal up the damage. Land the finishing blow on it when your party is in a fairly stable position.

With right-head dead, you'll be dealing with left-head and his elemental attacks. Typhoon Ring will halve the damage his attacks deal, but Adaman Bangles or a Lv.2 Elemental paired with a water-element Materia will outright negate them. Wind can also be used to block Left's standard attacks if you're stuck for Water options (a Choco-Feather nulls Wind for instance) as these attacks are dual-element; Water + Wind, blocking either one will block the entire attack.

Left-head also uses a final attack when it dies (bolt element when it is the last head remaining), so make sure you're topped up before finishing him off.

Hi segachief i was farmigng on disc 3 but at some point lvl 81 or some when i levelup  my hp  and mp dont increase is this normal?

I think at a certain point HP and MP cap out, roughly around those levels.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: 2019-07-10 22:49:21 »
Ah I see, there is no innate speed-up option but there is a tool called Ochu which can vary the framerate of fields, battles, and world map (along with other features):
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14194.0

To edit the FPS, go to the frame tab and press F1 I think it is to enter edit mode (text should turn green). Make changes then right-click on the form and save. The press F1 again to exit edit mode.

As for exp plus, I can't quite recall and at work right now so can't check. Will be between 300GP and 500GP.
Thanks for the reply, I have another question for you. Look, I rank first with barret with the marauder set, now I am ranking for second time and my thoughts were to use 4 ranks to marauder and 4 ranks to heavy Metal, the thing is, It is recommendable to use two sets when ranking the characters or is better to use only set full game?

I ask you this because my intentions are use 2 sets in every character.

Thanks for everything!!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: 2019-07-10 23:48:32 »
Thanks for the reply, I have another question for you. Look, I rank first with barret with the marauder set, now I am ranking for second time and my thoughts were to use 4 ranks to marauder and 4 ranks to heavy Metal, the thing is, It is recommendable to use two sets when ranking the characters or is better to use only set full game?

I ask you this because my intentions are use 2 sets in every character.

Thanks for everything!!!

You can mix and match sets safely, the mod can be beaten without using any ranks at all (although it gets pretty difficult).

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: 2019-07-11 00:08:20 »
Thank you for the response, i read through all your advice and i will definitely be using these tactics on my next attempts. hopefully that will get me the edge i need to finally progress.

while i have your attention, i should also mention a bug i encountered while in this area. the guards with Elena and in the glacier fields were freezing combat on their command prompts. to avoid this bug, i just turned off NT tell i was past the affected area. this issue may of already been resolved  a update, but figure id mention it anyway just in case.

thanks again for the detailed help! 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: 2019-07-11 09:44:03 »
Thank you for the response, i read through all your advice and i will definitely be using these tactics on my next attempts. hopefully that will get me the edge i need to finally progress.

while i have your attention, i should also mention a bug i encountered while in this area. the guards with Elena and in the glacier fields were freezing combat on their command prompts. to avoid this bug, i just turned off NT tell i was past the affected area. this issue may of already been resolved  a update, but figure id mention it anyway just in case.

thanks again for the detailed help! 

I wasn't aware of a soft-lock on that fight, were there any model mods on?

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #8220 on: 2019-07-11 11:04:55 »
Is there a place to reread all the character unique abilities?

I went to the veteran hall, and the guys tell me about who has what stats etc. But I can't seem to find the abilities info.

I know they are mentioned when you recruit the character the first time, but I forgat + would like to reread the exact descriptions.

Tyler Durden

• View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: 2019-07-11 18:04:49 »

I am using lots of other mods, including berserkers battle/field models mod. Hasn't been a problem tell now, is NT not compatible with any model texture packs?

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: 2019-07-11 19:41:07 »

Hey Sega Chief, i read about your mod and wanted to play it using NinoStyles models. Unfortunately most NPC are chibi-models.. Is it possible to use the PRB-models with your mod instead?

Edit: Your special edition using default enemies and combat systems worked with PRB-models - very nice. I am going to try it out! It still has those encounters in cities with party members right?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 19:58:25 by mr_nygren »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: 2019-07-11 21:38:55 »
In your load order for 7H, if you have NT loaded at the very bottom, any field/battles models will work alongside it.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: 2019-07-11 23:57:06 »
Hi Sega Chief, thanks for the replies.

Some observations:

I revisited Sector 5 on CD2 and there is this guy standing in the first screen after the church. I talked to him at the beginning of the game and he mentioned a "ghost lady" (intended? a hint? an error?). But now he says nothing anymore. Does this have something to do with
Aeris' revival?

I did some Chocobo races and there is the prize "Hero drink". You get a Hero Drink II if you take it but the description in the racing menu is still the old Hero Drink.

Aeris' Wizard Staff restores MP but its description says HP.

Shinryu did a weird attack called Lvl???-Old. I wonder what the mechanics behind that are. Heavy stat-decrease and forced [mini]? I tried to dispel it but to no avail. If i encounter something weird and sticky, does it get cured if i just kill off the char?

Also i tried to use Proud Clod but if i read the scene.bin, i only see the normal enemies...? How do i use this with your mod?

Oh, and i did probably ~80 Chocobo races but not one time Tifa asked if she could ride as well. Sad! (Is this little feature broken? I use the tweak [save & phs everywhere] from the gameplay-mod)

Btw, i had a good laugh at Wutai everytime Gorki/ii/y had some text. I grew up with the german PSX-version and still vividly remember this part. Well done! :--D
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 03:57:59 by Torawakamaru »