Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 343001 times)

TABS1975

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Installer
« Reply #475 on: 2012-08-28 00:59:51 »
@covarr   

no m8 no ini file in this download i think i have to download it again and re-install the ff7music.exe   

thanks ..... 

i will let you know the result ....

thanks for the reply

TABS1975

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Installer still no ini file - installed 2nd time
« Reply #476 on: 2012-08-28 02:28:54 »
@covarr

please look at my folder with your music program

tell me what i'm missing

THANKS TO WHO CAN HELP ME ...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2012-08-28 02:37:47 »
Hmm... is it in the ficedula folder? I thought it was supposed to be in the same folder as ff7music itself, but I may be remembering wrong.

Or it's set to hidden for some reason, and you need to tell windows to display hidden files.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2012-08-28 05:15:03 »
Hi TABS1975

The ff7music.ini is usually found in [gamedir]\Ficedula
In rare cases, can not understand why, they are also found in
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

Greeting Kompass63

shinigamixbl

« Reply #479 on: 2012-08-30 02:27:18 »
Hi new user here, I'm currently downloading the torrent, as all other methods of getting OSTRe seem to be crazy slow. The torrent seems to be a little slow, but I'll continue seeding for the foreseeable future to help others out.

Thanks to everyone here at qhimm for helping bring FFVII back to life. I haven't played it since the PS1 days, and what you all have done with it is absolutely amazing.

TABS1975

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2012-08-30 18:42:28 »
@ALL ,

Hello all who gave me a reply to help with my silly -non understanding

i had the file all along - in the ficedula folder

it just said :  ff7_opengl

nothing els telling me it was the  (ini) file or (cfg)

so thanks guys for the help

:) ;) :) ;) :D :) ;D

vince

« Reply #481 on: 2012-08-31 12:36:11 »
Hi there !
Back to the PS1's old days, I wanted to replay FF7 on my computer.
So, grab the game, install and worked perfectly.
Now, I tried to add some mods especially this one. So far so good, it works very well with both .psf and .ogg files.
But I have the Original Soundtracks in CDs ( converted into flac on my computer ), and I was wondering about using them with FF7Music.
After some playing with the configuration, it seems I can't have them play while playing the game. :(

My questions are: Is there any way to use .flac files with FF7Music ? And how about looping them ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2012-08-31 13:50:30 »
I did not include a plugin that supports flac, but this one might work.

Flac does not have any looping support of any sort. If you want your music both lossless AND looping, I would suggest converting them to something like brstm, a lossless streaming format used by the Gamecube and Wii, and the vgmstream plugin already supports, and setting up loop points manually. Doing this is a fairly arduous process, involving both Audacity (or the audio editor of your choice; goldwave works too) and Brawlbox.

I might do this myself at some point, but it's a fairly time consuming and repetitive process, and I have much bigger fixes I need to get in here first.

vince

« Reply #483 on: 2012-08-31 16:25:41 »
Is that so ? Oh well, I think I will just go with the playstation music since remastered soundtrack ( a very great thing ) is not in my option, I mean, I just don't want to hear them and I want the very original regardless of the awesomeness of the Remastered Soundtrack.

omnibahumut

« Reply #484 on: 2012-09-03 16:45:25 »
So I bought the re-release of FFVII for the PC (with achivements and such), and installed it to a non-default location, attempting to run the EXE give me an error that FF7 isn't installed, any way to fix this?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2012-09-03 17:32:15 »
This doesn't work with the re-release, only the 1998 version.

omnibahumut

« Reply #486 on: 2012-09-03 18:06:05 »
Damn, I guess I have to suffer with Shitty music, thanks anyway

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2012-09-03 19:00:03 »
You always if you want convert the game to 98version and then patching it the way you want

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #488 on: 2012-09-07 03:34:51 »
Damn, I guess I have to suffer with sh*tty music, thanks anyway
You can also just drag n drop the ogg files into the 2012 music_ogg folder, easy as pie.

thomasbradley

« Reply #489 on: 2012-11-22 04:02:18 »
I'm having trouble with launchff7.exe, it simply isn't working. It gives me the false update notice, so I just click "no" and then nothing happens. Sometimes windows tells me that it could tell that the program didn't work properly. Can you help with this?

dph

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2012-11-24 01:08:27 »
Hello all,
I've been reading on here a while, and have installed quite a few mods successfully.  FF7 music even used to work for me.  However I haven't played in a few months.  I ended up changing my graphics card to an Nvidia GEFORCE GT 610.  For a while I had to rig my computer for sound to come through my computer speakers instead of through the TV that I have the computer set up through.  Well tonight I hooked it back up to the TV via an HDMI cable.  I tried to play FF7 using an FF7music, but I get this error.

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DIRECT SOUND ERROR

ERROR: No sound driver is available for use. in FILE C:\lib\src\sound\dx_snd.cpp LINE 68

I downloaded the latest version of DirectX sound drivers, and my graphics card's sound drivers are up to date, but I still get this error and cannot even play the game.  I have even tried to uninstall and reinstall FF7 music, but it still doesn't work.   

Sound works, because it's working for other games that I play.

I am running windows 7 and yes I am running as administrator.  Any help would be appreciated.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2012-11-24 11:44:14 »
My bet is this: open FF7Config and go to Sound tab. Set it to the right one.

dph

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2012-11-24 12:15:23 »
My bet is this: open FF7Config and go to Sound tab. Set it to the right one.

Thank you so much.  That got the game to play, but now I have no music.  I have sound effects but no music. 

EDIT:  Nevermind, I guess it deleted all my OSTRe music files when I did the first uninstall so I've got to redownload them.

EDIT 2:  So I redownloaded the OSTRe music files.  They play fine on my computer (outside the game) but they don't play in game.  Are they supposed to be mp3 form?  That's what I got from the download.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-24 19:20:25 by dph »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2012-11-25 01:38:06 »
FF7Music should play OGGs just fine. If they're not playing in-game, are you sure you have ff7music open while you run ff7?

dph

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2012-11-25 14:34:47 »
FF7Music should play OGGs just fine. If they're not playing in-game, are you sure you have ff7music open while you run ff7?

It was because I downloaded the wrong version and had the MP3's.  I got the correct ones and it plays perfectly.

redheadturkey

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2013-02-20 00:43:26 »
Covar, I have a reseller's account on Greengeeks with five accounts left, I can let you set yourself up your own webspace with unlimited bandwidth, if you want to get yourself a domain.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2013-02-20 05:28:37 »
I appreciate the offer, but the amount of transfer this got when I was hosting it on dropbox was simply massive, and hosts that claim "unlimited" always have extra stipulations in their ToS, that basically say they decide how much that really gets to be. I checked out Greengeeks, and they're no different; they'd shut this down in a heartbeat, I'm sure of it. In real world terms, a high, but definite and stated limit is almost always better than "unlimited".

That said, I do now have a VPS that offers a whopping 10TB of transfer, but I don't want to start using it until I have a new (non-broken) release to go along with it.

bloodyreign1

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2013-03-16 22:43:31 »
Unfortunately I am unable to get a hold of the music. The 7z download is stating denied by uploader and the torrent has no seeders.

bloodyreign1

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2013-03-16 23:10:08 »
Nvm somebody seeded...To whoever did thank you! I will continue to seed myself.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2013-05-03 16:18:21 »
Just so ya'll know the links are not working for mediafire any more. Which is bad because I need to redownload FFVII Music but I'm not having any success. Also tried using Anxious Heart but thats not working either. Do you think you could possibly help me out with that via Team Viewer, Gsestahl?