Author Topic: SOLVED: Red outline and pixelation on start screen.  (Read 2689 times)

labia

Hey guys,

Basically I'm new to mods on FFVII, although I've played the game countless times.
I'll cut straight to it, I'm using Vista and when I applied 1.02, Aali's Custom Graphics Driver and the 'GJOERULV' mod (basically a hardmode mod) my game was fine, was playing perfectly in windowed mode.
(although I have to note at first I downloaded the wrong version of Aali's driver, ff7_opengl-0.1a to be specific. I uninstalled and re-installed with the latest version)
I then installed 'AVALANCHE HIGH RES' which again my game worked fine, however the mod did nothing to the game, it was exactly the same as before. So I installed Phoenix Rejuvenation and thats when the problems hit me. As soon as the mod was installed Avalanche's mod started to work, however I got insane pixelation and textures being bright red. I've included a screenshot.
Battles are fine on the other hand.
I've tried reinstalling and deleting reg keys but none have worked and I have no idea how to proceed.

I'd love some help. Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: 2011-06-28 00:24:52 by Bosola »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Red outline and pixelation on start screen.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-16 19:19:32 »
i seam to remember reading about this problem someone else had, not sure where i seen it , but look in aali's driver help thread for a solution. also if your not try using the newest version of the driver (currently 0.7.10)

labia

Re: Red outline and pixelation on start screen.
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-16 20:00:29 »
i seam to remember reading about this problem someone else had, not sure where i seen it , but look in aali's driver help thread for a solution. also if your not try using the newest version of the driver (currently 0.7.10)

Mate, you're a godsend, completely fixed it.
I'm sorry for bringing up such a trivial thing since all I needed to do was update my drivers, but I'm extremely greatful :)