Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 358049 times)

anthonyziack

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V4 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #400 on: 2020-05-23 16:46:27 »
Hello,

it is possible to make D-PAD work by deactivating the option:

"xbox configuration assistance"

in steam big picture:
parameter-> joystick parameters.

I posted the comment on nexus mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy9/mods/11?tab=posts

For me it worked.
sorry for my english.

Hey I saw your post. Appreciate the help. I've yet to try the Dpad fix, but I will do so.

Have you managed to be able to play with the scaled UI with the current Moguri? I'm not sure how you would send me that file you mentioned, but yeah, I just get crashes while I try to use it, even with Vanilla ff9.

DreadfulViolet

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V5 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #401 on: 2020-05-23 17:02:38 »
This is looking fantastic so far, my only question at this point is there any news for compatibility with alternate fantasy?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2020-05-23 17:23:41 »
Ah sorry I was unaware of the limit (upload is not limited), I'll do some cleanup on google drive and replace the link.
EDIT: 45 min left for the upload
« Last Edit: 2020-05-23 19:03:08 by snouz »

samilisco

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2020-05-23 17:40:55 »
Amazing, Snouz!! Your efforts are so appreciated!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #405 on: 2020-05-23 19:58:03 »
downloading now, maybe you should torrent this bad boi

i can definitely see google not liking you

cant wait to see the new world map! was a while ago when i played with moguri

m_artn

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2020-05-23 21:11:07 »
Great Work! I really appreciate it!

I have a request to you Snouz:
Can you make a sharedassets2.assets file with Playstation Button layout? You only should change icon_atlas and screen_button_attlas inside the sharedassets2.assets file.
I would be very grateful if you could do that because I don't want to mess around with your awesome work and as far as I can tell you have already improved these Textures inside the sharedassets2.

Thanks a lot!

kamots

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2020-05-23 22:59:54 »
Hello folks, been following Moguri mod for years and it's now looking like the right time to finally try it out. I see now that we are at Version 8.0 Beta 5, with the full release coming very soon, but does anyone know what I can expect from the full release that won't be in this latest Beta build?

Just wondering if I should still hold out for 8.0 before my first PC play through or go ahead and download this latest update. Any help is appreciated.

BonumMonstrum

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2020-05-23 23:13:34 »
Great Work! I really appreciate it!

I have a request to you Snouz:
Can you make a sharedassets2.assets file with Playstation Button layout? You only should change icon_atlas and screen_button_attlas inside the sharedassets2.assets file.
I would be very grateful if you could do that because I don't want to mess around with your awesome work and as far as I can tell you have already improved these Textures inside the sharedassets2.

Thanks a lot!

You can easily do it yourself.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ff-modding/discussions/13/350533172685612333/

The last comment gives a small tutorial and all the necessary links. I did this like 5 times now within the last few days after reinstalling FF9 - it mearly takes 2 minutes

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #409 on: 2020-05-24 00:11:11 »
@m_artn

Since you already got that far, there's only one step left if you wanna do it yourself. AssetBundleExtractor can dump and import textures in PNG format. All you need is a very basic image editor, paste the PS Buttons on Snouz's edited icon_atlas and screen_button_atlas and import those images back.

Usage of AssetBundleExtractor is described in more detail in the Tweaked menu portraits thread, here.

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2020-05-24 01:53:04 »
Awesome work!

What's a good way to play the new video files? I tried vlc player but the playback is not smooth.

Also:
https://imgur.com/4uPbhYZ
I know it's supposed to make the fire look grainy, but it's really just pixelated and with a distinct circular shape: https://imgur.com/EKUVgRW
https://imgur.com/fUHzVU6
https://imgur.com/twb7QSx

The game definitely has some issues with controllers. I've played with two different controllers. One of them has no cooldown on button presses, so not only does the pause menu exit immediately, it's very hard to make selections in any menus e.g. when selecting attack, the first enemy is selected from the same button press. The other controller has weird mapping. The left joystick cannot be used for movement. Movement uses the d-pad. Start button is mapped to one of the rb's... 

I agree with switch a/b by default.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 02:05:40 by Doom Oyster »

Deathscythes

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2020-05-24 06:13:44 »
@m_artn

Since you already got that far, there's only one step left if you wanna do it yourself. AssetBundleExtractor can dump and import textures in PNG format. All you need is a very basic image editor, paste the PS Buttons on Snouz's edited icon_atlas and screen_button_atlas and import those images back.

Usage of AssetBundleExtractor is described in more detail in the Tweaked menu portraits thread, here.

Hello, thanks for the help man, works like a charm :)

I am so grateful to see people put so much effort into perfecting this game, it's amazing !!
I thought I would contribute as well. Using paint.net and the resources provided, I have applied PS buttons to both icon atlas and screen atlas.
Sadly I can't do much more than cutting and pasting so I didn't replace the trigger buttons as those were not replaced in the resources.
Here is the result :
https://i.imgur.com/tp5yTCK.jpg

Icon atlas used :
https://i.imgur.com/RSEspWh.png
Screen atlas used :
https://i.imgur.com/wh8oEkj.png

I am using scaled battle UI on top of the BETA and I don't know if it tempers with that assets file. If it does, it might not work for you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QVOfmNKwOTOT8v6IHVt7FZ7VdqGNJmJi

I also need a bit of assistance if you guys don't mind :)
Using the scaled battle UI configurator just breaks the controls for me. Any idea what I can to solve this ?
Thanks a lot.

And Snouz, your work is incredible THANK YOU !!

m_artn

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2020-05-24 07:41:46 »
@m_artn

I could definitely do it myself, at least for the cross, circle, square & triangle Button. But I think many many other people want that too, so I hope this could be implemented als an option with the installer when the update 8.0 is ready.
Not everybody might want to do it by themeselfe or is at least able to do it (even it is just copy paste with some png editing).
Furthermore with some more skill I hope Snouz could make some good L1, L2, R1 & R2 button layouts to make this a more seamless experience  ;D

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2020-05-24 08:53:29 »
Awesome update to say the least!

I can't seem to disable analog control though.
I've turned it off in memoria.ini

Code: [Select]
[AnalogControl]
Enabled = 0
StickThreshold = 10 ; 0...100
MinimumSpeed = 5

And my dpad isn't working?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2020-05-24 09:30:11 »
D-pad problem on github:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/110
If you have more info to contribute, go ahead. I could not reproduce the problem on both xbox controllers. The nexus ticket talks about a PS4 controller, is this your case?

@Doom Oyster about the pause cooldown, did you install JUST the beta? with the included latest memoria? The double pause issue is something I experienced a lot with the base game and should be fixed by the latest memoria version.

BTW about controller layout, does it display playstation icons when playing with a ps controller? What does it show?
Also, when talking about controller, please tell your model : )

Other issues noted
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 09:32:16 by snouz »

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2020-05-24 09:36:42 »
D-pad problem on github:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/110
If you have more info to contribute, go ahead. I could not reproduce the problem on both xbox controllers. The nexus ticket talks about a PS4 controller, is this your case?

@Doom Oyster about the pause cooldown, did you install JUST the beta? with the included latest memoria? The double pause issue is something I experienced a lot with the base game and should be fixed by the latest memoria version.

BTW about controller layout, does it display playstation icons when playing with a ps controller? What does it show?
Also, when talking about controller, please tell your model : )

Other issues noted

I have a 8bitdo SN30 Pro +, it's listed as a Xinput device, so it's basically an Xbox Controller.
It's working everywhere else.

Anything I can try?

Edit: As stated by another user,  by going in to Steam Big Picture mode > Controller and disabling Xbox Configuration Support the dpad starts working. However it's not a very good workaround since I use that setting in other steam games.
I updated my post on the github issue as well.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 10:31:15 by e2zippo »

Donel

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2020-05-24 10:15:42 »
@Doom Oyster: Just check "check for updates" on the Memoria launcher. The version included is apparently out of date.

I was having the same issue and this fixed it for me.

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2020-05-24 11:08:52 »
NEW LINK USING GOOGLE DRIVE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ilXY_-RHMwU5HJRJif8M2xeBhhX6A8qW

I'm unable to download it because too many people have downloaded it? apparently?

I don't know how google drives work, but yeah, seems it's reached it's limit.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2020-05-24 12:25:31 »
I'm unable to download it because too many people have downloaded it? apparently?

I don't know how google drives work, but yeah, seems it's reached it's limit.

AAAH come on : (
I'll do a separate archive and put it on mega.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #419 on: 2020-05-24 12:36:25 »
Actually, anyone with a google account can clone the file to their own Google Drive and download that clone, bypassing that restriction

First make a shortcut of snouz's file to your drive then go into your drive, find the shortcut there and click "make a copy".
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 12:42:33 by Caledor »

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2020-05-24 12:42:45 »
AAAH come on : (
I'll do a separate archive and put it on mega.

Never ending problems I guess :P

While I have your attention, I noticed that with both the Vanilla game and with 8.0 V4 at least, some text auto scrolls. Like when I am in the "I want to be your canary" play, the text auto scrolls and very fast too, can't even read it in time.
When I replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll (which I was lead to believe was supposed to fix the BGM loop) it actually stops the auto scroll of text (but i'm not sure what replacing this file messes with)
YET when I try the official BGM loops fix, which also includes a Assembly-CSharp.dll file.... the text goes back to auto scrolling.

Are you, or anyone else able to shed any light on this? I'm still rather new to all this and really have no idea what i'm doing lol.
What im hoping for out of an experience for my wife and I playing through are:

1: The crisp backgrounds
2: Widescreen support without the weird analog problem i've had recently
3: BGM loop fix
4: (optional) UI that doesn't take up 40% of the screen..though i've almost given up on this...

To me that's a perfect experience :P
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 12:47:21 by anthonyziack »

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2020-05-24 12:46:16 »
Actually, anyone with a google account can clone the file to their own Google Drive and download that clone, bypassing that restriction

First make a shortcut of snouz's file to your drive then go into your drive, find the shortcut there and click "make a copy".

I did try to do that using Zip extractor (I think?) but it says "Unable to open Zip File, There was a problem with the server request; please try again (downloadQuotaExceeded)"

Don't see any other options on the screen to make a copy

Edit: So I googled how to "Make a copy" and did it...but that didn't seem to work either... :P Yeeesh. I guess too many people got hyped to download and try this haha. Just getting the same problem "Download limit exceeded for this file"
Edit 2: After clicking "Make a copy" then you double click on it and hit download. Seemed to start this time :P all these edits for anyone else that runs into this issue today. Now I can start playing around with this version :D
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 13:06:25 by anthonyziack »

SummitBreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2020-05-24 13:13:33 »
Wow the new FMVs and background scene transitions look stellar with this update.

I found an issue with the new FMVs when using the title menu movie replay menu.  When playing through the game normally the FMVs play perfectly (despite stopping a few frames early) but when replaying FMVs through the title menu option the scenes seem to play at less than half the speed while desyncing with audio.  Sometimes they work great, but randomly and very consistently it does this, with each replay (or even the initial selection of the scene) playing slower and slower. 

I have a lazily recorded and uploaded a link here to show what I mean (forgive me for the quality):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnCjr_cUo5Y&feature=youtu.be

First it plays perfectly and at 0:53 when I replay it just watch and see.  Just something I thought might want to be known prior to releasing Moguri 8.

Again I haven't encountered this during normal game play yet just while using the replay function in the title menu, but I'm only on disc 1 currently.  If I find any other issues I'll be certain to let you know!  Can't wait to see some of these scenes again with the new and improved quality, looks great so far!

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2020-05-24 13:47:28 »
Finally got everything working :D If I find anything i'll be sure to post it.

as an aside, I noticed in the installation read me that it says Alternate Fantasy will be compatible "Soon". If it's not too pushy to ask..how soon is soon?

A week? A month? 3 months? just so I know if I should hold out on a complete play through or not :P

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2020-05-24 14:01:13 »
Finally got everything working :D If I find anything i'll be sure to post it.

as an aside, I noticed in the installation read me that it says Alternate Fantasy will be compatible "Soon". If it's not too pushy to ask..how soon is soon?

A week? A month? 3 months? just so I know if I should hold out on a complete play through or not :P
Depends on Tirlititi. I'll assist him if needed, but as I understand it, he's in the middle a busy life right now.