Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 358076 times)

Paiers

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V5 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #450 on: 2020-05-26 09:50:46 »
I am using a Nintendo Switch Pro controller which is normally supported by steam and works perfectly fine with the vanilla game and with the old Memoria that came with Moguri mod v7.
The latest version of Memoria however seems to completely break the controller. When I launch the game with the controller already plugged in the A button is spammed automatically and if I plug it only after loading into the game only the A button and the left analog stick seem to work.
I tried disabling the “analog” part of Memoria.ini but it didn’t do anything.
Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest a fix?
If nothing solves it I’ll go back to the older Memoria and try to use only the new assets like we did until v5. Thanks a lot to whoever offers advice!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #451 on: 2020-05-26 14:41:58 »
@Paiers You can raise the issue on https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues

@Neodoris nobody contacted me no :(

@EVERYONE, I've created a thread on REDDIT, go upvote it!
https://en.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/gqy0q2/final_fantasy_ix_moguri_mod_80_just_dropped_and/?

The update is officially live on the website (download through MODDB) !

anthonyziack

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2020-05-26 16:12:31 »
I am using a Nintendo Switch Pro controller which is normally supported by steam and works perfectly fine with the vanilla game and with the old Memoria that came with Moguri mod v7.
The latest version of Memoria however seems to completely break the controller. When I launch the game with the controller already plugged in the A button is spammed automatically and if I plug it only after loading into the game only the A button and the left analog stick seem to work.
I tried disabling the “analog” part of Memoria.ini but it didn’t do anything.
Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest a fix?
If nothing solves it I’ll go back to the older Memoria and try to use only the new assets like we did until v5. Thanks a lot to whoever offers advice!

I use the switch controller in everything I play. The best work around for all your issues is to get a paid program called reWASD. It makes your PC think a Xbox360 controller is plugged in and you will never have to touch anything ever again. After configuring things for months because I like the switch controller so much...this program was such a stress saver.

Deathscythes

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2020-05-26 16:26:51 »
In this topic, a way to edit the AssemblyCSharp.dll was described:

1) Download the tool dnSpy,
2) Open the Assembly-CSharp.dll using that tool,
3) Search for the class you want and its method, then right-click -> Edit Method
4) Save your new file.

Thanks I'll give it a go :)

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2020-05-26 19:09:49 »
I installed 8.0 and unchecked "Use custom font (PSX)", but I got the PS1 font anyway.
I had to make it "UseGarnetFont=0" in the Memoria file which fixed it.

Idk if anyone else is having this issue, but the installer may not adjust for it.

Thanks for the mod. :)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2020-05-26 19:20:41 »
I installed 8.0 and unchecked "Use custom font (PSX)", but I got the PS1 font anyway.
I had to make it "UseGarnetFont=0" in the Memoria file which fixed it.

Idk if anyone else is having this issue, but the installer may not adjust for it.

Thanks for the mod. :)
Could you tell me if you installed on top of an existing 7.0.1 install? If yes, what was your setting when you had 7.0.1?

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2020-05-26 20:56:15 »
I did have no PSX font in 7, then I uninstalled FF9 via Steam and deleted everything in the folder. I didn't uninstall via a Moguri .exe so I don't know if that was a proper uninstall.

So I did a fresh installation of FF9, then a fresh installation of Moguri 8.0.

If no one else has this issue, then it's not a big deal as it's an easy fix.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2020-05-26 22:06:03 »
Wow. I downloaded a previous version of this mod and got half through the game now I have to start over again. I'm playing in 4k 120hz and most of the stutters are just gone man. It looks amazing. The wide-screen scenes are jaw dropping.. The videos are amazing. The 2x speed instead of 3. This is just awesome. Thank you so much.

kamots

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2020-05-26 23:32:59 »
I did have no PSX font in 7, then I uninstalled FF9 via Steam and deleted everything in the folder. I didn't uninstall via a Moguri .exe so I don't know if that was a proper uninstall.

So I did a fresh installation of FF9, then a fresh installation of Moguri 8.0.

If no one else has this issue, then it's not a big deal as it's an easy fix.

I actually had this issue too, using the fresh new installer of Moguri uploaded today. I unchecked the font in the installer but got it anyway. Thank you for the heads up on the .ini config change. I had no other instance of Moguri installed prior, either.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #459 on: 2020-05-26 23:51:20 »
Can confirm issues with the checkbox in the installer: Disabled everything, got everything. GarnetFont must be turned to 0 manually from the ini, same as widescreen.
There's also a MovieFPS = 15 line in the ini, but it's probably harmless. Movie FPS are determined for each fmv dynamically.

Also I'm afraid to say that your field fixes are missing, Snouz: I checked both Desert Palace (the doors) and Crystal World.

PSA: For the time being, grab resources.assets p0data7 from Snouz's beta 5 to fix the fields.

« Last Edit: 2020-05-27 21:29:29 by Caledor »

Zabiam

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2020-05-27 01:15:54 »
Noticed that some fmvs are out of sync. (Might be my fault as I put the fmv to 30fps in the ini)
Also the continue button on the title screen just loads your latest autosave, not your actual last hard save.
Loving this mod so far! Great work and keep it up!

SummitBreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2020-05-27 02:43:33 »

Also I'm afraid to say that your field fixes are missing, Snouz: I checked both Desert Palace (the doors) and Crystal World.

Can also confirm the layering fix you did in the crystal world that was from the original PSX version is not in the official moguri 8 release.

Also FMV's are ending too early for all of them.  Most apparent in the credits and the "THE END" screen locks the image from the credits.  Can be viewed here:

https://imgur.com/U9rpwOq

Also can definitely confirm that the Necron final battle music is messed up when you select the alternate soundtrack with Moguri 8 as it worked fine with the original soundtrack when I was using your V5 beta.  Not exactly a concern for this thread, but just so it's known I suppose.

Has anyone else noticed the new improved FMVs all being cut a little short?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #462 on: 2020-05-27 03:10:53 »
i was wondering why there doesnt seem to be any interest in the ff7 mods today...

official moguri release, you say?

now i've lost interest as well

TIME TO PLAY SOME FF9 BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2020-05-27 04:09:20 »
Hi! Thanks for the amazing update! Moguri Mod is awesome! Congratulations to the developers and collaborators of this project!

Now a question... I tried to use a translation for the game with Moguri Mod, but it didn't work. Is there any way to use translation with Moguri?

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2020-05-27 08:48:34 »
@snouz
hi. i think you forgot add in readme, or ini config for memoria in archive, with TileSize = 64

https://i.imgur.com/fvPjN4j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YrzZ14A.png
« Last Edit: 2020-05-27 09:51:07 by shikulja »

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2020-05-27 11:13:40 »
I'm sorry if this is off topic but what is the best way to launch the game, any way to bypass the launcher?

Also, launcher seems to launch twice, adding a parameter from steam?

And big congrats on the official release, great stuff!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2020-05-27 11:48:54 »
@snouz
hi. i think you forgot add in readme, or ini config for memoria in archive, with TileSize = 64

https://i.imgur.com/fvPjN4j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YrzZ14A.png

Did you install Memoria before using Moguri? If so, your Memoria.ini file was not overwritten, and this setting stayed the same.
EDIT: Oh you mean in BETA 5? ah yes forgot about that. Fortunately, the final version is out and installs it correctly.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-27 11:51:06 by snouz »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2020-05-27 15:16:04 »
Did you install Memoria before using Moguri? If so, your Memoria.ini file was not overwritten, and this setting stayed the same.
EDIT: Oh you mean in BETA 5? ah yes forgot about that. Fortunately, the final version is out and installs it correctly.

I installed ff9 (clean install)> then memoria, and on top of moguri v5.
since memoria was newer, I did not overwrite .dll

I also launched both options, and the new memoria, and the one that was with moguri, your version worked correctly, but the new memoria, with a texture problem, until I added TileSize = 64 to ini

adrielsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2020-05-27 20:48:07 »
you guys changed the font???

font from moguri7 is better... can u guys give option to choose?

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2020-05-28 00:13:52 »
It's a shame SE is so lazy these days they couldn't change the Battle UI from the phone port. This mod is BEAUTIFUL and IX is my favorite FF in the series, yet I still can't play because of the stupid Battle UI. I just can't do it. It's hideous and I can't see shit. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved with this Mod. Maybe one day someone can fix that stupid Battle UI!

the_dreadnote

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2020-05-28 07:14:36 »
Great work on this mod, been really enjoying it.

I found an error in Mount Gulug - the rope under the well is invisible.

https://i.imgur.com/5HZHO8f.jpg

This is the only graphical bug I've run into so far though. Thanks again for your work.

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2020-05-28 09:03:34 »
Hello! Thank you so much for your work.
I have a problem with 8.0.1
During installation, disabled the orchestra soundtrack option. As a result, there is no music in the game. Reinstalled with the option, the music appeared. But psx music does not work. In Moguri 7 everything worked.
And one more question, what does the (battle field enhancements) option change?

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2020-05-28 11:22:51 »
Hi! Thanks for the amazing update! Moguri Mod is awesome! Congratulations to the developers and collaborators of this project!

Now a question... I tried to use a translation for the game with Moguri Mod, but it didn't work. Is there any way to use translation with Moguri?
Hi! Does anyone know about this?
Thanks!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2020-05-28 11:28:29 »
Hi! Does anyone know about this?
Thanks!
Translation should include a file called p0data7, you need to replace that file in the \Program Files\Moguri Mod\StreamingAssets folder, and not the game folder.

During installation, disabled the orchestra soundtrack option. As a result, there is no music in the game. Reinstalled with the option, the music appeared. But psx music does not work. In Moguri 7 everything worked.
And one more question, what does the (battle field enhancements) option change?
Is MusicVolume = 100 in Memoria.ini?
Battlefields enhancements upscales battle textures in the background.

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2020-05-28 15:59:58 »
Is MusicVolume = 100 in Memoria.ini?
I don't have this option in Memoria.ini

Spoiler: show
[Font]
Enabled=1
Names="Arial", "Times Bold"
Size=24

[Hacks]
BattleSpeed = 2
AllCharactersAvailable=0 ; 0 - Disabled, 1 - Enabled, 2 - Only main characters (Quina, Eiko, Amarant), 3 - Only minor characters (Cinna, Marcus, Blank). Be careful: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/3
FrogCatchingIncrement=1 ; Number of frogs per catch
Enabled=0
HippaulRacingViviSpeed=33 ; Vivi's speed in the hippaul racing
RopeJumpingIncrement=1 ; Number of points per jump

[Battle]
EncounterInterval=960
AutoPotionOverhealLimit=-1 ; Maximum oveheal in percents, -1 to disable a new behaviour
Enabled=0
GarnetConcentrate=0 ; 0  - Default, 1 - Disable "Garnet can't concerntrate"
NoAutoTrance=0
SelectBestTarget=1 ; 0 - Original, 1 - Estimate the best target via IEstimateBattleScript
Speed=0 ; 0 - Default, 1 - Fast, 2 - Turn-based
[Icons]
HideCursor=0
HideCards=0
HideExclamation=0
Enabled=0
HideQuestion=0
HideBeach=0
[Cheats]
SpeedFactor=5
LvMax=0
Attack9999=0
BattleAssistance=0
Enabled=1
MasterSkill=0
GilMax=0
NoRandomEncounter=0
Rotation=1
Perspective=1
SpeedMode=1
[Export]
Languages="US", "UK", "JP", "ES", "FR", "GR", "IT"
Text=1
Path=%StreamingAssets%
Battle=0
Field=0
Audio=0
Graphics=1
Enabled=0
[Graphics]
UseGarnetFont=1
MovieFPS=15
BattleSwirlFrames=25
BattleFPS=15
WidescreenSupport=1
Enabled=1
GarnetHair=0 ; 0 - Default, 1 - Long, 2 - Short
SkipIntros=0 ; 0 - Don't skip, 1 - Skip logos, 2 - Skip logos and movie, 3 - Don't reset at the title
[TetraMaster]
DiscardMaxSum=480 ; Maximum sum of attack power, phisical and magical defence for auto discard (numbers on the card * 16)
DiscardFlexibleCards=1 ; Enable to auto discard Flexible cards (?X??)
Enabled=1
DiscardAssaultCards=0 ; Enable to auto discard Assault cards (?A??)
DiscardAutoButton=1 ; Will add "Auto" button to the discard card dialog
DiscardExclusions=56, 75, 76, 77, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 98, 99, 100 ; Disable auto discard for these cards
DiscardKeepSameArrow=0 ; Minimum number of cards with the arrows in the deck for auto discard
DiscardKeepSameType=1 ; Minimum number of cards with the same type in the deck for auto discard
DiscardMaxAttack=224 ; Maximum attack power for auto discard (number on the card * 16)
DiscardMaxMDef=255 ; Maximum magical defence for auto discard (number on the card * 16)
DiscardMaxPDef=255 ; Maximum phisical defence for auto discard (number on the card * 16)
DiscardMinDeckSize=10 ; Minimum number of cards in the deck for auto discard
ReduceRandom=1
[Import]
Audio=1
Graphics=1
Enabled=0
Field=0
Path=%StreamingAssets%
Text=1
[System]
StreamingAssets=E:\Games\Final Fantasy IX (RUS)\StreamingAssets\
Enabled=1