Off-topic forums > Completely Unrelated

How do I delete my account?

(1/2) > >>

The Seer of Shadows:
If this seems like an unusual question, it's because I'm an unusual person.

I've been inactive lately since I've lost the enthusiasm for Final Fantasy that I had before, and stopped visiting the forums.  Not that I was ever a really big contributor to anything.  I just liked the community.  But my life has changed since, and I cannot see myself coming back.

It occurred to me out of nowhere to officially leave the forums by deactivating my account, as I seem to remember multiple forum members doing this in the past, but I can't seem to find out how.  Either the option disappeared at some point, or I'm just being unforgivably stupid.  Anyway, I just have to ask, because now I'm curious:

Is there a way to do it?

Bosola:
No. Only staff can delete accounts. And generally speaking, we don't, because it means removing that user's content. Any replies to that content will no longer make sense, and any support threads you've answered will no longer provide assistance.

If you no longer want to visit, then just don't sign in. That way, you can always come back.

Covarr:
As far as I know, the only accounts that have ever been deleted were Jari and hermoor, both extreme cases. It's not something we typically like to do, especially since you may one day change your mind.

If, for some reason or another, you don't want to be associated with this account anymore, I recommend clearing out as much of your profile as you can, and changing your username to something that you don't have any ties to.

Bosola:
Didn't Jari delete himself? I can't remember. Maybe he just tried to ban himself.

The Seer of Shadows:
I guess "delete" was a poor choice of word on my part.  I don't want to annihilate the evidence that I was ever here.

Weren't there several members who voluntarily "left"?  Their positions (Freak, etc.) were changed to "Guest" and their profiles vanished, but their posts still remained.  Or did that happen only to banned people?  MrAdults, koral, Sightless_Seer, and the the third Jari are the examples I'm thinking of.  Maybe it can't be done anymore.

I would be fine with leaving my account "alive", it's just not going to be seeing any activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version