Author Topic: a big THANK-YOU to all who deserve it  (Read 4034 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
a big THANK-YOU to all who deserve it
« on: 2008-04-13 07:21:30 »
well thanks to the makers of YAMP, the jenova editor, and my personal favorite: the reconstruction project, i am now seeing and playing ff7 in a way that i have never seen before and i'm loving every minuete of it  :-D and although i can't write down all the names of those who told me how to get around certain issues i hope that you see this message so that you see your fair share of thanks.

as for any possible suggestions to improve what i've seen the only suggestion is for the reconstruction project, don't get me wrong i love how much it improved the game but i think it would be better if some of the models were formatted or changed to look less unusual like for example the flashback where you see sephiroth sitting with his hands on his lap and instead he has his arms resting in the air.....and also 40% of the game models are still blocky but i don't care much about that cuz they don't make much of an impact on the game, and finally the last issue i noticed is that the turks or anyone in a similar uniform (like reevee) have torsos which aren't in proportion to their limbs and heads. that's pretty much all i have to say so again thanks to everyone who made all this possible

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: a big THANK-YOU to all who deserve it
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-13 08:25:33 »
Agreed, I also feel I should express thanks, for there have been numerous people on here who have helped me out, given me information, or pointed me in the right direction to fix a problem.
As for the Recounstruction Project, I'm thrilled someone took time out of there lives to make this, when all they get in return is thanks, and a better game, and occasionally people sniping at them about how they done a model wrong, or should change a model to look like this, or that.  It's ridiculous, there should be thanks given to anyone on here who has ever helped anyone, in a big way or a small way, because it's one less problem across the board.  If anyone has any bitching to do about certain projects, they should get the tools and do it themselves, how they would like to see it done, and if they can't do it, like me (I tried and failed miserabley) then they should accept what other people have done, and enjoy it for what it is.
However, I'd also like to say a thank you to the creators of Jenova, FF7Music, NPC-RP, Reunion before it, the Pheonix Rejuv Project (awesome imo) and apologies if anyone gets a bit bored reading this, I just like to get things of my chest from time to time :-)

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-13 10:13:21 »
lol if that whole "b*tching about how the models were done wrong" thing was directed at me i was just trying to point out a few of the minor flaws which pale in comparisson to how much better it was made  :-D anyway it's good to see you tidus and i also forgot to thank the person or persons who made the new music for ff7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-13 10:20:22 »
Haha yeah, long time no see, and no, it wasn't directed at you :-P
Just that I've seen a lot of people actually complaining, offering suggestions is all well and good, but complaining about someone taking time out of their day to do something for people they barely/don't know, it just annoys me. 
I used to make mods for Oblivion alot, and the criticism I got for not doing exactly as people wanted was unbelievable.

Xelane, that was in no way directed at you, just to clear that up :-D

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-14 00:04:41 »
no problem, btw what kind of mods did you do for oblivion? it's always fun to hear what interesting and amusing results people go for in modding, like the play as rufus instead of cloud mod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-14 07:09:12 »
Haha I haven't played as Rufus, think I would quite like that :-P

In Oblivion I was mostly doing aesthetical things, like adding new hairstyles, armour, changing weapon designs, and I added wings to one of my characters also, though he couldn't fly unfortunately :-(

I did see a video on youtube, where someone had added a flying, mountable dragon into Oblivion, but I was never good enough to do something like that haha.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-16 14:19:51 »
my thanks go to:

ice_cold
scorpicus (still have not tried your patch being in hospital)
dzjugo

keep up the GOOD work everyone