Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

[FF7PC] Post bug reports here [use The Reunion thread instead]

<< < (2/40) > >>

DLPB_:
I think the function needs to be able to do that in other places though.  To be able to revive or kill based on simple assignments to HP of a character.  I'm not sure where else it's used. What was really needed was a function to set HP to an absolute number rather than "decrease" and "increase".  They likely came up with the idea of "make HP 1 after being hit with the needles" later in development. 

What I am doing for Weapon is simply making these needles and so on an instant death or other bad effect like decrease HP.  If all 3 chars are 0 HP, then game over.  The latter is already another bug (all 3 chars can be dead on field), which will need fixing.

Kaldarasha:
#FMV - ending2 - Clouds model is mirrored in one scene - https://youtu.be/22Dqy2jVqY0?t=397

#General - FF7 -exe - the coordination for the light sources are wrong (field and WM), which produce a different light on PC as on PSX (I would say its 90° clock-wise, it looks as if x and y are swapped[?]). The field could be fixed by changing the values in the model loader.

#Aali's driver - Broken effects in battle (see Aerith final limit - PSX: https://youtu.be/rGWUP6W5170?t=75
PC: https://youtu.be/KKcNqosC_-Y?t=175) This probably belongs to the alpha blending issue.
The issue is that the game can't display a dynamic transparency effect as the PSX could do. I don't think it's the fault of Aali's driver alone, might be that the engine itself can't mimic the PSX blending effect or wasn't programmed to do it, because they only tested the normal effects. Still, I think that Aali's solution in his previous driver was the right way. While it has broken the opacity level of some textures, these could have been corrected manually and with a better result.

DLPB_:
I'll add these.  Aali has already explained the alpha effect issue - that the game has 2 alpha values but does not specify which should be used. At the moment the driver gets it right most of the time, but not always.  I guess it would mean manual work to flag exactly which effect to use where.

--- Quote ---the whole alpha blending transparency issue which also affects the savepoints and other stuff. The issue is that the PC renderer has two different alpha values (vertex alpha, texture alpha) and the game doesn't specify which one to use (AFAIK), so sometimes the correct thing to do is to just use texture alpha, sometimes vertex alpha and sometimes the two should be combined to produce the correct result. The way it works now is correct most of the time but not always.
--- End quote ---

I also forgot to note there that the world map colour itself is broken compared to PSX.  Also, something else Aali notes:

--- Quote --- the world map is already completely broken (shadows follow the rotation of the camera instead of being fixed in the world)
--- End quote ---

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: DLPB on 2017-05-07 17:16:19 ---I think the function needs to be able to do that in other places though.  To be able to revive or kill based on simple assignments to HP of a character.  I'm not sure where else it's used. What was really needed was a function to set HP to an absolute number rather than "decrease" and "increase".  They likely came up with the idea of "make HP 1 after being hit with the needles" later in development. 

What I am doing for Weapon is simply making these needles and so on an instant death or other bad effect like decrease HP.  If all 3 chars are 0 HP, then game over.  The latter is already another bug (all 3 chars can be dead on field), which will need fixing.

--- End quote ---
Then the fault is in the field script. I just checked it and it just removes 501 HP and restores 1. That will heal all dead characters.
What needs to happen is the field script needs to be rewritten AND new codes need to be added. It needs to remove 500 and trigger the game over if all HP are 0. As you mentioned before there is no way for the field to check the HP of the party members. That needs to change. Codes 3C and 3D could be hijacked to return the HP and MP values of the party members.

DLPB_:
It should be possible to change script to remove an HP amount and then trigger game over if all chars HP is 0 by checking char HP from main loop (which will also fix other issues where all 3 characters can be dead).  It wouldn't be too difficult to fix.  Field would be amended so that it doesn't ever restore any HP with the needles and so on. If all else fails, adding the HP MP retrieval could be added too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version