Author Topic: Ummm....  (Read 7369 times)

Ummm....
« on: 2009-05-04 03:24:44 »
I'm not trying to sound mean or anything..... but I'm just genuinely  curious, because
 no one has posted in here for awhile......  is this project still going...
Cause i wanted to happen :(.....

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: Ummm....
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-05 21:26:41 »
This is still going on.

Albeit very slowly.

« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-06 01:57:15 »
^.^ yay... hehe.. thanks for telling me... :D

Soros

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-14 07:09:02 »
Do we have any previews yet? I'm itching with curiosity  :-D

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-19 15:28:50 »
Previews are a long way off.

Since too many voice actors were delaying and dropping off when doing it as whole scenes, we've switched from scenes to solely working through the whole game with select voice actors, finishing their lines, and starting with other characters.

This method as a whole means we'll get it all done but a ready to release scene is much further away since that will only happen at the end of the project when only finetunning is left.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-19 17:35:58 »
how about just a few audio clips of select lines?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-20 14:45:33 »
Maybe we'll put up a video of key scenesatome point (for example, a cloud-sephiroth exchange).

stay tuned.

however, we are a LONG way from even a beta release.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-21 00:51:12 »
Question: Do you think you can top the dubbing skills of the 5 or so anime dubbers used by Adult Swim? (See Bleach/Inuyasha/Code Geass/any other AS anime eng dubbed for reference)

Shouldn't be a difficult feat, as they're limited to speaking in sync with the original movement of the characters' mouths (from when they were speaking japanese), and this project isn't limited to anything of the sort (except maybe during a few FMV scenes...)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-21 00:53:16 by titeguy3 »

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-21 12:49:34 »
I wouldn't know their work so I can't say.

What I can say is that we have a director who has a clear vision of what he wants and is pretty strict at that and a cast involving several members with long theater and/or voice actors backgrounds.  An audition process was also held to choose the best members for each spot.  There also is a long list of NPC's which are going to be done at a later stage which we'd need a pool of voices for so if anyone is interested, please PM me with contact info (e-mail, name, etc.) and a small demo and I'll contact you in a few months when we're doing NPC's.

I think its going to be quality but I'm biased so you'll just have to wait.  Given the criticism Square's own VA is getting, maybe we'll be able to outmatch them (but you'll have to judge for yourselves when the time comes).

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-21 20:39:53 »
Alright cant wait to see this...or i mean hear this  :-P