Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 548269 times)

l3pr3con

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC/PSX] Save editor - Hyne (1.9.2)
« Reply #325 on: 2018-03-22 07:06:13 »
Can i ask if there's a way to edit seifer with tattered clothes and with different attack animation to my party? If i remember correctly, when im playing FF8 on PS before and used gameshark to get seifer, he's on that tattered clothing and that spin and slash attack animation already, im not sure about the limit break (demon slice and bloodfed) if get you him in your party on disk 3. So i'm just wondering if is this possible with save editor, and how? thanks in advance.

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2018-03-24 22:17:05 »
Hi guys im wondering if I can use this save editor to help with my problem. I just finished the seed exam but for some reason my attitude score is 80. I am pretty ocd and dont want to start over I want that score to be 100. I have saves from before escaping dollet. I have no idea where the deductions came from (followed seifer instructions, talked to no one, saved dog, didnt go inside hotel, didnt jump off cliff, didnt make fun of zell) I must have accidentally talked to someone from balamb without realizing but my question is

Can this save editor adjust the score you recieve on your seed exam? thank you!

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #327 on: 2018-03-24 23:02:07 »
For attitude, you can enable advanced mode of Hyne and go to HexaEdit > Field Tab then change the value at address 0x1D8 to 00.

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2018-03-24 23:59:17 »
For attitude, you can enable advanced mode of Hyne and go to HexaEdit > Field Tab then change the value at address 0x1D8 to 00.

Thank you so much for such a quick reply I really appreciate it. Im going to test it out now!

Godlift

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2018-03-25 00:23:20 »
Sorry for asking this im not sure how to find that address. In HXD I would just click CTR G or F and type the address but using Hynn those shortcuts dont pull up a search tab and im not very experienced with Hex editing. How would I go about finding that address?

I feel dumb because you gave very clear and easy instructions sorry im not very experienced with this!

EDIT: So I was able to find the address by opening up a hex editor and searching that address and it worked it says 100 for attitude now ty!

However I seem to have 1 more problem normally receiving 100 in each category results in a lv 10 seed rank. Due to my attitude score being 80 i would receive a lv 9 seed rank. After changing the address the screen that shows your score says 100 in attitude category (and the rest of the categories were 100 as well) however I still receive a lv 9 seed rank. Would you be able to help me one more time by helping me figure out what changes I need to make to secure the lv 10 seed rank?

EDIT 2: Nevermind I have to beat the Bonus for seed rank 10 I was remembering wrong. Thanks for helping me with the attitude score!
« Last Edit: 2018-03-25 18:21:08 by Godlift »

lfullmetal

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2018-04-02 14:38:26 »
Hi i just wanted to know how do you get the chocobo world tab on the editor to work ?

thanks

Asta666

Re: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.9.2)
« Reply #331 on: 2018-05-09 22:02:13 »
Thanks for this great program! It's nice to have a native Linux version too. Hopefully one day Valve will also port the game. Anyway it works fine with wine or emulators.
Regards.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2018-06-09 19:14:40 »
New bug: cannot forget GF abilities (when you change tabs, the get defaulted)

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #333 on: 2018-06-09 19:28:53 »
If this is true, this bug is here for years :-o

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2018-06-09 20:06:52 »
That sounds plausible ; who tries to forget abilities?

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2018-06-11 09:53:34 »
Nope. I used this feature before.
Forgetting abilities allows to learn new ones...

RecklessPrudence

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2018-07-02 19:36:11 »
I was poking around chocorpg.ff8 with a hex editor and Hyne at the same time, altering things and seeing what changed. I found out that, at least on my save - and I've restarted Chocobo world a number of times to confirm this - Current and Max HP are read as the hex values - ie, 18 as a hex value, despite working out to 24 in decimal, is read by Chocobo World and interpreted as 18 HP!

Also, the item counts for Class A and Class B items when I have no items at all in those slots are 17 and 130, respectively. I have searched in my hex file and either not found those values in either hex or dec, or when I did, altering them either broke the save or did nothing. At one point I had found the hex value for Class D items, marked it in my hexeditor and everything. And that used the hex values as well, same as the HP field - 63 in hex, which should have been 99 Class D items, was instead 63 Class D items. But when I came back to it later, after several saves of the game in the emulated Pocketstation, as I attempted to locate some Class A-C items to be able to search for them in the editor, that marked hex location was no longer the relevant one for Class D items. In fact, I have been unable to locate the Class D item hex value again, even after editing each 00 value to 63, one after another. I suspect the location of the Item hex values, as well as what they consider their '0' value, changes as saves are laid down. That's the only explanation I have. But take that with a grain of salt, as I noticed that well after midnight, so when more well-rested I may find the appropriate hex entry.

But I do know that Current and Max HP, as well as at least Class D items, are read naively from hex instead of being properly converted to a decimal. Why the programmers did this back in '98 is beyond me, as it sacrifices all the advantages of hex for storing large numbers, and in fact makes the numbers take up significantly more bits for each value - as well, they had to write the code so it would skip over 0A to 0F, 1A to 1F, and so on. Entering a proper hex value for the appropriate amount of HP actually causes the HP counter to display the hex, rather than any reasonable HP value. I have not tested taking Boko into battle with an invalid HP count, but I can if it would be helpful.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2018-07-30 15:53:30 »
hey

would this save editor work on final fantasy 8 for the ps3 system

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #338 on: 2018-07-30 18:43:58 »
Follow this guide: https://sourceforge.net/p/blackchocobo/wiki/FAQ/#psp-and-ps3-saves
This should be the same for Hyne.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2018-09-23 13:43:55 »
Hey

I would like to request for a Max status button to be added on this ff8 save editor please

so when someone presses that button, the status will get maxed out insted of typing it out manually

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.9.3)
« Reply #340 on: 2018-10-13 22:49:35 »
« Last Edit: 2018-10-13 22:52:17 by myst6re »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2018-10-13 22:57:50 »
Oooooooooo Matron!

Hoshinohi

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2018-11-11 19:03:40 »
So as I currently work with Hyne after my savegames were deleted once more again during 2nd CD I found a few noticable informations I want to share with you:

First as Hyne is not able to get all informations done you have to check a few situations ingame or the game will not include some features:

1. Becoming a SEED: Hyne is currently not able to activate the Seedrankingsystem therefore make sure to participate in the homecoming events after the Dolletmission. It is stil possible to go back to them however you should go to balamb hotel and save theire twice afterwards you set the events back to balambhall2 and remove all other characters beside Squall from the party as they will prevent you from getting to the ballscene. Also you have to make sure you have the alternative appearance for Squall, Zell and Selphie activated. You will afterwards be able to go to balamb garden and by slightly moving to the direction of the area cifer was you trigger the announcement to wait on 2nd floor. from there do the events that come and do the secret place mission too including going to sleep. This is needed to prevent a problem with the master vs Cid war. From here you can save again and change the position and Field back to the information of the balamb hotel save and you unlocked Seed rankingsystem and were able to get the combat counter from cid needed to do some other stuff.

2. Librarygirlevents: As theire are a few library girl actions you can only trigger at some points in the game you might want to go back to that positions. The first scene is after you got youre first mission from Cid go back to the library and you are done. As this is directly after the secretplacemission you can see the infos from 1. to solve this.

3. Lagunaproblems and mysteries: You might want to skip the first laguna experience now unfortunately this has a sideeffect later on with laguna scenes as Kiros and Ward are not normally available in later missions and you have to manually redirect youre teammembers to look like Kiros and Ward and be in youre party and Field from any savepoint in the dreaming world.

This can be a bit troublesome for the 2nd laguna sequence as you have to go to the end of the mission to find a savespot. However you should do this mission as there are the possebilitys to activate some trapdoors, bonuses and bridges for later on in the game.

To jump to this mission and skip the whole timber mission you can use the Field option unless timber wood after the TV mission and start at dollet gate than go back to the timber wood the event is triggered however save in front in case of a party bug that sometimes occure. While entering the woods normally youre party isremoved from field and menu so they can interact in the scene however sometimes this buggs and you hear youre team walking but nothing happens as you block teammembers fro mreaching theire spots which will prevent you from continueing the game at this point.

4. next possible skips go up to the point of the mission introducing by Major Carway you can use the savespot informations of the hotel in deling city to make sure you do not clip anywhere and do the missions the normal way. This is recommended as you bypass the whole brothersfight and galbadia scenes. And it prevents you from problems with Lagunas Winhill adventures (however same bug as in 2nd is possible with Kiros not joining youre party properly but here the save spot is in youre room ^^ but make sure you met him before repairing this file XD. Also you should not skip the next missions up to everything in F.H. as it can make some troubles to repaire this afterwards often meaning you have to go back to places from before. Only if you have the combat counter from Cid the guy that will give you the improved combatcounter will talk to you.

5. Library Girl and some scenes with Rinoa in balamb garden during the events after the rocketbase are only available if you choose Xell and rinoa to come with you as the library girl will give Xell a megaphoenix when in party and Rinoa gets an unique scene after the md level.

Up to this point this are the situations you should reconsidder to have a decent experience without much bugs.

Only left bug for me now is no music on the worldmap ;)

Edit: Oh and a nice request for the developer of Hyne would be that the savepoints in the game should be available as startposition for the party to prevent the clippingproblems whenever the positions didn't match the map. Would make the whole Field skipping much more easy.

And an advice to anyone who has problems with Squall can't move or scenes will not start make sure you remove partymembers including in a scene from youre party or include them into youre party whether they trigger a scene or be blocked during beeing in youre party. And check the positions for Sqall as whenever they are of the parameters you will be stuck.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-11 19:15:05 by Hoshinohi »

mbiggs31183

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2018-12-31 18:36:50 »
I keep getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" and its driving me nuts. I've tried everything. Admin, compatibility mode, system scans, drive location, registry altering. Nothing has worked. Anyone got any ideas?

Alexsnow

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2019-01-02 00:01:12 »
1.9.3 crushes right away!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Hyne.exe
  Application Version:   1.9.3.0
  Application Timestamp:   5bc274b0
  Fault Module Name:   Qt5Core.dll
  Fault Module Version:   5.11.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5b235ed1
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00024a0e
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Janeaba

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2019-01-16 23:05:28 »
I keep getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" and its driving me nuts. I've tried everything. Admin, compatibility mode, system scans, drive location, registry altering. Nothing has worked. Anyone got any ideas?

Having the same exact issue. Really want to use this program.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #346 on: 2019-01-17 15:08:12 »
Try using the alternative windows build that seams to work.

Alexsnow

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2019-01-28 22:43:26 »
Try using the alternative windows build that seams to work.
Yes it does work. Thanks!

Donken

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2019-03-10 21:29:26 »
Hiya, im new here.
First off I wanna say good job with this cool editor.

Then I have few questions...
I saw few videos where Fujin & Raijin were playable characters, is that possible in this editor?
And can you make Seifer have his skills Demon storm(?) and bloodfest ? as I can c skills like Apocalypse is available.

draven81

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2019-04-05 18:02:44 »
cant even use the save editor get this everytime i try

Hyne.exe - application error

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
click ok to close the application