Author Topic: New Project: Bombing Mission!  (Read 524662 times)

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Project: Bombing Mission!
« Reply #1025 on: 2011-07-01 04:36:15 »
how is this project how many% is it?

Sorry for my english-tions is that I'm Brazilian.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2011-07-01 16:58:39 »
how is this project how many% is it?

Sorry for my english-tions is that I'm Brazilian.

Approximately 23.1% :D Just Kidding IDK. Best not ask, people don't like to feel rushed on here. Welcome to the forum.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2011-07-01 17:03:44 »
Don't listen to nasty Mako; it's far more than 23.1% complete 8-)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2011-07-01 17:41:26 »
over 9000%

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2011-07-01 18:38:11 »
Don't listen to nasty Mako
Hey there mister  :x I'll have you know I'm pretty nice! :D LOL Kudi's always mean to me now... Ever since he caught me making my giantsuper duper death ray (intended for Qhimm) he has been giving me the cold shoulder...  Geez it's gettin' do that ya cant even be a super villain these without people getting the wrong idea. =/

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2011-07-03 03:26:49 »
Just two questions,
you are changing the version of a computer or playstation?
And another question you're recreating the whole game with improved graphics, or only a part?

I think of you in the region should be called''remake''.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2011-07-03 16:02:27 »
This project is really impresive guys! Back on the day, when Aali released Palmer I guessed it would be used be only to apply some fancy filters to the backgrounds. Now I see all those screenshoots and still can't belive you took the time to actually redo the backgrounds from scratch. I guess expecting all the backgrounds to be redone some day is simply absurd, but even just having the bombing mssion in high resolution would kick ass. If there is something I can help you with (I don't think so but still...) just ask and I'll do what I can. Whish you a lot of luck!

Guilkwe, there is no way you can change the resolution of the backgrounds for the PSX version, so this is kind of thing really only makes sens on PC.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2011-07-03 16:52:14 »
Actually there is something you could take a look at for us borde. We had experimented with interpolating battle models so we could run smooth at 60fps. I had modified kimera to do it. While it sometimes worked well some of the animations got screwed up. Unfortunately i do not have the source code to show you what I did. I remember obesebear mentioning something about quaternions a while back. Also ntfic1 had looked into the camdat files a little bit but we were not able to interpolate those entirely. Perhaps you would be able to give us a hand with this? Take a look at this thread to see what we are doing. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10474.0

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2011-07-04 04:31:08 »
Not really a fan of Barret's Gatling Gun. Everything else looks stunning, but his Gatling Gun looks so... Amateur...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2011-07-04 04:32:38 »
u mean... the one that isnt there? the image of barret on the FP has no gun model, only the stump that is universal to all his weapons. the jaggies on it get covered up by whatever weapon is equiped

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2011-07-04 18:39:16 »
Actually there is something you could take a look at for us borde. We had experimented with interpolating battle models so we could run smooth at 60fps. I had modified kimera to do it. While it sometimes worked well some of the animations got screwed up. Unfortunately i do not have the source code to show you what I did. I remember obesebear mentioning something about quaternions a while back. Also ntfic1 had looked into the camdat files a little bit but we were not able to interpolate those entirely. Perhaps you would be able to give us a hand with this? Take a look at this thread to see what we are doing. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10474.0

I'll do my best.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2011-07-06 00:59:45 »
I'll do my best.
[offtopic]I will keep my fingers crossed for this.  I really really would like to get this game running at 60fps[/offtopic]

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2011-07-06 20:32:13 »
[offtopic]I will keep my fingers crossed for this.  I really really would like to get this game running at 60fps[/offtopic]

I agree, after watching the video after the of attempts it was amazing what the higher FPS does for this game.  I would be ecstatic to see this working.

peroxwhygenesis

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2011-08-09 14:45:00 »
This project sounds amazing, can't get over the differences in the new backgrounds. I can't even imagine how much time and effort has gone into creating the whole thing again from scratch. You guys are amazing!!!

Harro

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2011-08-12 00:55:40 »
I have modeled the costa del sol background but initialy it was not for the game. I decided to insert it but as I said it was not for the game so all the parts don't fit exactly on the right place but the  result is not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv1E69Ia_Xc&feature=channel_video_title

Now that I'm able to use the tool (Palmer) I think I will begin another one but with the same size and place of the original.

I'm a Maya user and I can even do 3d model replacement but it's difficul to begin when no tutorial to start is available.

(frankly, is my english good?  :-D sometimes I wonder if people can understand me easily )

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2011-08-12 01:06:03 »
Amazing work harro! As for things not fitting exactly, how much off are they? If it is a small amount I would not worry about fixing it.

As for tutorials I dont know of any for maya and remaking the backgrounds, I had to figure it all out myself. But it seems like you have already done that.  :)

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2011-08-17 05:56:05 »
Very good job, Harro!

The only part which doesn't strike me as very convincing is the pavement: too homogeneous and chromatically different compared to the original.

Keep it up!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2011-08-17 22:06:49 »
Looks awesome i don't think i will be of any help btw what softwares and such do you guys use to edit these kinda things like the backgrounds, models etc really want to learn

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
« Reply #1043 on: 2011-08-17 23:32:16 »
Harro, very very good Job ! :)
Je montrerais çà à Hashimoto San la prochaine fois ! ;)

I think there are a lot of things that we can with improvement of backgrounds. The game seems just cleaner.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #1044 on: 2011-08-18 19:18:20 »
Great job with Costa del Sol, Harro!

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2011-09-18 17:59:49 »
Fantastic work avalanche team, please keep going, you are doing excellent.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2011-09-20 03:02:13 »
Hey guys you all have gotten far on this since i last been on qhimm. Since no one start on an MP i decided to start and guess we will see how it goes. Its been a while since i had a computer and been on blender.

here is what i got so far still needs lots of tweeking

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2011-09-22 02:46:04 »
Sorry but I have 3 questions, if you can answer them please:
1) Why did you close the topic, are you gonna leave the project? ):
2) I know this is annoying but how many you have done, like 50% or idk please tell us.
3) Do you need help? If you want I can help you with simple things, just tell me please.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2011-09-22 12:25:56 »
Sorry about the lock guys, was an accident :S. All is well now.

As to quitting, no, at least I have not quit, but I
1) have not had access to my workstation for the last couple months
2) am taking a full course load and a half at university
3) work
4) various other extra curiculars that unfortunately comoe before TA

Spoox and sapphire are doing some great work on what is the bulk that is left for the bombing mission, have faith that they'll continue being awesome and crank out more stuff as awesome as all they've already tackled.

As to %... what are you our producer or something? what does the percentage matter? Browse the forum, you can see what we've done. Then if you really want you can tally the number of assets we've done to the total number in the bombing mission but again, to what end? its not like we go through .5% per day or anything.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2011-09-23 02:19:27 »
So MP is on hold till i figure out how im gonna start the body. But i started working on the guard hound tell me what yall think.