Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839781 times)

james222

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8675 on: 2019-10-26 12:55:13 »
hey guys loving the mod, been playing on arrange and was just wondering if im experiencing bugs in my new threat mod or if the game is working is as intended.

Once again i'm playing on arrange mode and my party level is 24 to be clear

1) Sometimes I would only need like 4000 exp to level but around level 20 or 21, I needed something like 14,000 exp to level my character, is this intended?

2) Getting wonky damage with limit break (no barriers on enemy), sometime my limit break would hit for over 2300 (at level 20) or sometimes like 400, is there a crit system for limit breaks in the mod?

3) The water boss (forgot the name) that attracts Priscilla is glitchy as heck, not just in animation but in attacks, not sure if its a new status effect but sometimes the boss would hit me and would continuously tick my HP down, like im poisoned. However my party members are clearly not poisoned or trapped in the bubble at all, is this a glitch?

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: 2019-10-27 11:01:54 »
hey guys loving the mod, been playing on arrange and was just wondering if im experiencing bugs in my new threat mod or if the game is working is as intended.

Once again i'm playing on arrange mode and my party level is 24 to be clear

1) Sometimes I would only need like 4000 exp to level but around level 20 or 21, I needed something like 14,000 exp to level my character, is this intended?

2) Getting wonky damage with limit break (no barriers on enemy), sometime my limit break would hit for over 2300 (at level 20) or sometimes like 400, is there a crit system for limit breaks in the mod?

3) The water boss (forgot the name) that attracts Priscilla is glitchy as heck, not just in animation but in attacks, not sure if its a new status effect but sometimes the boss would hit me and would continuously tick my HP down, like im poisoned. However my party members are clearly not poisoned or trapped in the bubble at all, is this a glitch?

Thanks!

There are like these bumps in required EXP that happen every 11 levels to help soak up accidental overleveling when doing optional stuff. Each successive area's enemies and bosses give increasing EXP that pushes past these soft caps.

Limits can hit criticals; what might be happening is that some enemies have higher defence than others.

The animations are just how that guy looks. The dual though is because I've put it on Venomstrike which is probably not a good idea considering that this status is used in a unique way for the bubbles. If you have that status, then antidotes should get rid of it along with the poison.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: 2019-10-29 02:01:49 »
Hello Sega Chief and friends of the forum.

As you may have notice, I joined this forum only recently, so I begin this post by admitting that I´m a total noob when it comes to videogame modding.

With that said, I came to think that I would like to try my hand at adding some little changes to Final Fantasy 7 for my own personal enjoyment, I have already described some of the changes I would like to see in previous posts, but I´m especially interested in changing the story a little from the temple of ancients onwards, so I have a couple of questions that I hope you could answer.

As of now my objectives are:

1.   To change some lines of dialog in existing scenes.
2.   To add some extra newdialogue to existing scenes.
3.   To add some new scenes with new dialogs. (with “scene” I refer to the moments in the game where the characters enter into a place, walk around, their models do some animations, talk to each other, all without input from the player except for pressing the “confirm” button to make the dialog advance, for example the “date” scene in the gold saucer).

My questions would be:

1.   ¿How difficult would be to do those changes?
2.   ¿Is there any program / tool that would allow someone to do those changes without prior programing knowledge?
3.   ¿Could I apply those changes on top of the “Vanilla Combat” version of N.T.?
I should clarify that I intend to create this mod only for personal use, and in no way I mean to disrespect the authors of N.T. I ask this because I wish to use Aerith in the story changes I want to implement, and N.T. already has her modded back into the game, also because the translation of the scrip is a lot better in N.T. version that it is in the base game.

Well, that is it, many thanks in advance, and I hope to read your answer soon. :)

Quid?

• View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: 2019-10-29 02:31:59 »

3.   To add some new scenes with new dialogs. (with “scene” I refer to the moments in the game where the characters enter into a place, walk around, their models do some animations, talk to each other, all without input from the player except for pressing the “confirm” button to make the dialog advance, for example the “date” scene in the gold saucer).

My questions would be:

2.   ¿Is there any program / tool that would allow someone to do those changes without prior programing knowledge?
3.   ¿Could I apply those changes on top of the “Vanilla Combat” version of N.T.?
I should clarify that I intend to create this mod only for personal use, and in no way I mean to disrespect the authors of N.T. I ask this because I wish to use Aerith in the story changes I want to implement, and N.T. already has her modded back into the game, also because the translation of the scrip is a lot better in N.T. version that it is in the base game.

Well, that is it, many thanks in advance, and I hope to read your answer soon. :)

You can do all this with makou reactor:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9658.0

You don't especially need to know a script langage or to have previous experiences with modding, I think so at least since I do have a bit of experience but this tool is convenient to the point that it 'speak' normally to the user in most areas, making the field scripting very easy to understand quickly, compared to other games.
Though modding any game is time consuming, especially since projects can tend to grow the more things you learn to do.
I must wait for a moderator approval so my apologies if this post show up after Sega Chief or someone else already answered.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: 2019-10-29 04:13:47 »
I have pretty much come up with the perfect mod order in 7th Heaven for FFVII to play with pretty much perfect HD graphics and gameplay, and was thinking of sharing it on these forums to help newbies at modding get a good up-to-date install guide for the latest mods available. The only problem is the gameplay mod I want to recommend in my install guide is New Threat, but I cannot recommend it at all because it has those two bugs in the basement of Shinra Mansion and the Temple of Ancients where the dialog breaks when used with Menu Overhaul.  There is no good way to mod FFVII using Tifa's 7H unless you use Menu Overhaul, it's basically pointless.  So because your mod doesn't work along with Menu Overhaul without breaking those scenes, it's basically still not fully compatible with 7H.  I could never recommend anyone mod FFVII unless they use 7H with MO, so therefore I can't recommend your mod to anyone unless those buggy scenes are removed from your mod.

Could you please correct your 7H IRO version by removing those edits you made to those scenes so I can recommend it to people who use 7H and Menu Overhaul (which is the best way to mod the game if you know what additional IRO mods to get as well as what options and load order to choose.)
« Last Edit: 2019-10-29 04:18:53 by Blagnarok »

jurr

• View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: 2019-10-29 04:29:56 »
I have pretty much come up with the perfect mod order in 7th Heaven for FFVII to play with pretty much perfect HD graphics and gameplay, and was thinking of sharing it on these forums to help newbies at modding get a good up-to-date install guide for the latest mods available. The only problem is the gameplay mod I want to recommend in my install guide is New Threat, but I cannot recommend it at all because it has those two bugs in the basement of Shinra Mansion and the Temple of Ancients where the dialog breaks when used with Menu Overhaul.  There is no good way to mod FFVII using Tifa's 7H unless you use Menu Overhaul, it's basically pointless.  So because your mod doesn't work along with Menu Overhaul without breaking those scenes, it's basically still not fully compatible with 7H.  I could never recommend anyone mod FFVII unless they use 7H with MO, so therefore I can't recommend your mod to anyone unless those buggy scenes are removed from your mod.

Could you please correct your 7H IRO version by removing those edits you made to those scenes so I can recommend it to people who use 7H and Menu Overhaul (which is the best way to mod the game if you know what additional IRO mods to get as well as what options and load order to choose.)
bit of a tall order asking him to alter some pretty big new additions just so you can recommend your own personal mod setup to other people. don't you think?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8681 on: 2019-10-29 07:09:23 »

Wait for Catalog 3.0 release. MO will be out, replaced by an updated UI (similar looking to MO) that doesn't require any modified exe. It works off the same FF7.exe that NT was built on.

Download -> Activate -> Configure -> Launch Game
« Last Edit: 2019-10-29 07:11:21 by EQ2Alyza »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: 2019-10-29 11:18:57 »
Hello Sega Chief and friends of the forum.

As you may have notice, I joined this forum only recently, so I begin this post by admitting that I´m a total noob when it comes to videogame modding.

With that said, I came to think that I would like to try my hand at adding some little changes to Final Fantasy 7 for my own personal enjoyment, I have already described some of the changes I would like to see in previous posts, but I´m especially interested in changing the story a little from the temple of ancients onwards, so I have a couple of questions that I hope you could answer.

My questions would be:

Makou Reactor tool handles this. It represents the field/event script in lines with the opcodes and their arguments interpreted into more readable english. Scripts are read in line-by-line like a procedural language and uses logic gates to control the script flow. A field will start by reading the 'init' part of every group, then the Mains will be read repeatedly (will loop if they have script), talk/contact are when talking or bumping into the group, and Script 3-31 are manually called and usually store event-specific actions.

Changing dialogue is 'easy' but you need to manually resize the text box window in which it is set to appear, which can involve tracking it down within the field. The tool has search functions that can help with this, you can search the script for certain text and it will locate where it is used in the field script.

Creating a new scene is a bit more involved depending on the complexity of the scene and any pre-existing scenes that are in the field. Start by studying a scene you are familiar with in-game and see how it is achieved; the opcodes that are called to make it happen. Things like split/join party field are used to have party members dynamically appear from Cloud's current position, animations can be played on a loop, partially, to hold the script until it finishes, etc.

If this is for vanilla NT then use that file as your base. There's no clean way to patch a field script into a different flevel outside of copy-paste so better to just work with that flevel directly.

I would say that's a bug with MO rather than with NT. If you feel that you can't recommend FF7 or NT at all without MO then that's a shame but having thought about it I'm not really willing to start stripping out field screens to work around a bug in a different mod. But maybe that new MO in catalog 3.0 Alyza mentioned will solve the issue.

Edit: That being said, it is likely to just be dialogue in those two fields although I'll need to check. Tonight I'll check them through and if there's no script handling in there then probably won't be any harm in swapping in vanilla fields.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-29 11:22:12 by Sega Chief »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: 2019-10-31 01:32:05 »
Thanks a lot to Quid and Sega Chief for your answers and your advice.

I think I will start by writting the dialogues in a word doc before try any editting, to make sure they are good enough, unfortunately my day job does not leave much time for hobbies, but I will make a new post if I make any progress.

Thanks again and keep up with the good work.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: 2019-10-31 10:12:03 »
Thanks a lot to Quid and Sega Chief for your answers and your advice.

I think I will start by writting the dialogues in a word doc before try any editting, to make sure they are good enough, unfortunately my day job does not leave much time for hobbies, but I will make a new post if I make any progress.

Thanks again and keep up with the good work.

Try to break dialogue down to 3 lines or less,
to about this length per line and to be wary
of {Name} as these can vary in length.

CodeZeta

• View Profile
« Reply #8685 on: 2019-11-02 19:28:16 »
Playing this for the first time after a little digging for mechanic-affecting mods for FF7.
I'm currently fleeing Midgar, but I just noticed the entire "Hojo was trying to crossbreed Aeris with Red XIII" thing was just changed for "fighting" which both makes less logical sense for what Hojo was trying to achieve and dulls down the adult themes of the game for some sort of 13 yo interpretation of the scene. It made me seriously reconsider just how much past this point is going to be affected theme-wise by the mod creator, be it for getting rid of certain "unnecesary" adult themes in their eyes or any other bias I might not know of, thus affecting my experience through the game. Do you have any comments on that? Am I over-exaggerating? I read the notes, how the story was affected "minorly" and I was very okay with that. But if this is minor I might want to reconsider.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: 2019-11-03 02:36:54 »
Playing this for the first time after a little digging for mechanic-affecting mods for FF7.
I'm currently fleeing Midgar, but I just noticed the entire "Hojo was trying to crossbreed Aeris with Red XIII" thing was just changed for "fighting" which both makes less logical sense for what Hojo was trying to achieve and dulls down the adult themes of the game for some sort of 13 yo interpretation of the scene. It made me seriously reconsider just how much past this point is going to be affected theme-wise by the mod creator, be it for getting rid of certain "unnecesary" adult themes in their eyes or any other bias I might not know of, thus affecting my experience through the game. Do you have any comments on that? Am I over-exaggerating? I read the notes, how the story was affected "minorly" and I was very okay with that. But if this is minor I might want to reconsider.

It wasn't a censorship thing. For me, the problem with that scene was President Shinra's reaction to Hojo's proposal. He's told that it'll take 120 years to get a result and rather than coming up with a way of shortening the time needed, Hojo just intends to make a specimen that can 'withstand the research for a long time'. I think in the original dialogue, the president's reaction is he asks Hojo 'won't that hinder our plans' which should go without saying in the first place. It's fine for Hojo to come up with a lunatic plan because that's his character, but the president should be pushing for something more immediate so he can get his new Midgar built within his own lifetime.

So originally what I was going to do was alter the scene so that the president would react a bit more strongly and push Hojo to come up with a way of producing a more immediate result, and then Hojo revising his plan on the fly to the fighting one. But instead of adding event script to handle that, I decided to just condense it down to having Hojo propose the fighting plan in the first place. Reason being, the cross-breeding thing wasn't really a plot point in that it doesn't factor into anything else in the story afterwards (Hojo's main motivation in the game is more to do with the Reunion and the Sephiroth clones) so I didn't really see an issue at the time with changing it like that.

But a lot of people have been noticing the change and pointing it out, which is a problem because the goal with the dialogue part of the mod was just to do a tidy up of how the lines had been laid out and help stitch together some of the vaguer plot points a bit more; if it's bothering people and taking them out of their experience of the game then it'll need to be changed back. What I could do is have it so he says that breeding a 'hybrid' would make the research go faster; that would probably cover it.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: 2019-11-03 14:48:49 »
I noticed that part in my play through too, but personally I think the edited version makes more sense.

When I play the original game I thought that the “breeding” suggestion from Hojo was just a dirty joke that the evil scientist was making to piss off Cloud and company.

I mean Hojo is obviously evil enough to try to achieve something like that, but evil as he is, he is not stupid, if he wanted to make a hybrid, it would make a lot more sense to extract the ovum from Aerith and the sperm cells from Red XII, combine them in controlled conditions, and then implant the fecundated ovum in Aerith´s womb (That is, assuming it is even possible to crossbred a Cetra / Human with a Panther / Fire Dog / Hellhound whatever the heck Red XIII is supposed to be).

Instead he just locks Aerith in a crystal tank, fully clothed and unrestrained, and then puts Red XII into the same crystal tank without any other kind of preparation, now remember that up to that point Red XII has been hiding his true intelligence from Hojo, so as far as Hojo knows, Red XIII is basically a wild animal, that would mean that Hojo’s “plan” was to lock together a scared girl and a feral obviously carnivore animal, and hope that they will start err… “mating” instead of naturally try to kill each other.

Unless previous experiments have shown that Red XII has a natural propensity to try to r.a.p.e. any female of any species that he is presented with, Hojos “breeding” plan is beyond retarded, unless it all was just a dirty joke at the expense of the poor flower girl. (Actuallyg that sound exactly like the type of sense of humor a guy like Hojo would have).

If anything the dialog, there need a little more editing, because right after the incident Tifa says (talking about Aerith) “She is fine… in more than one way” maybe implying that is not only she physically unhurt but that her “virtue” was not stained by the lecherous Dog Thing, and Red XII retorts saying “I have a right to choose too, I don´t like two legged things” maybe implying “Bah, I didn´t wanted to f.u.c.k. her, she is not even that hot anyway” needless to say all this sound like nonsense in the changed “breed less”  scenario.  :P

Edit because I also wanted to add that the plan to make Aerith fight to increase her powers actually make sense within the game mechanics and Shinra’s plan.

The Shinra needs Aerith because they want to use her Cetra power of communicating with the planet, in order to find information about the location of the “Promised land”, within the gameplay, Aerith´s power manifest in her limit breaks, where she basically “talks” to the planet to ask for protection / help in the battles (Healing wind, Breath of the earth, Gaia´s gospel), and as everyone else in the party, Aerith gains new limits the more monsters she kills, and the more she uses her already learned limits, This means that the more battles Aerith survives, the stronger her “communication” powers will grow, making her more useful for the plan of president Shinra, in other words Hojo’s plan was resorting to the classic RPG tradition of “grinding”, which is quite appropriated given the circumstances.

« Last Edit: 2019-11-03 18:52:50 by demos1085 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: 2019-11-03 15:40:05 »
One of Hojo's traits is that he isn't a very good scientist; toward the end of the game in the vanilla script he says something like 'It pains me I had so little scientific sense' and I think Sephiroth derides him about that during the flashback as well. And I think Hojo believed that experiment would work because he says he's lending a helping hand to two species on the brink of extinction when you confront him on floor 68.

At the end of the day, it's not that important. The only reason I did a sweep of the dialogue originally was because people playing the mod a few years ago said they struggled a bit with the vanilla script and were asking if it could be made compatible with the Beacause translation. That retranslation mod wasn't finished at the time and was in an earlier state than it is now, so instead I went over the dialogue myself and while it's not perfect (got too wordy/expository in some places) it seems to generally go over well on the whole.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: 2019-11-03 16:51:52 »
Lol, Now I keep imagining a Red XIII / Aerith, pairing option within the game, with gold saucer date and everything, and at the end the surprise reveal that Aerith and Red are the forefathers of the Moombas of Final Fantasy 8, I mean you could not deny the family resemblance ;D

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Moomba?file=Moomba-artwork.png

I know the Shumi tribe say the Moombas are evolved Shumis, but those are filthy liiieeesss. 

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: 2019-11-04 07:27:07 »
@CodeZeta

The Ultimania similarly doesn't care about that weird translation.

Buuuuut, given the way you've typed so passionately about the dialogue and dark themes, I advise you to keep playing with that caution you've displayed. The impact really is minimal like people who've completed the game claim, but we also just had so much fun with the mod that sharing the experience just feels right. If it ever becomes an issue again, for any reason, it's okay to stop. The whole point is to have fun, and if there's some tidbit from the original localization you've taken a shine to that has somehow been lost, it's understandable to be upset.

Akronhar

• View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: 2019-11-04 11:49:27 »
Hi... First of all, thanks for the hard work doing this mod. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I think I made a mistake and want to know if i can find a solution. I'm halfway disc 2 and finished the north continent part. I just read that in order to keep Aerith alive i had to choose an option i haven't pick. I choosed the first option just because i was spamming X and i want to know if there's another way to ressurrect her. I don't have another save point before that choice and can't start all over again.

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: 2019-11-04 13:21:21 »
Hi... First of all, thanks for the hard work doing this mod. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I think I made a mistake and want to know if i can find a solution. I'm halfway disc 2 and finished the north continent part. I just read that in order to keep Aerith alive i had to choose an option i haven't pick. I choosed the first option just because i was spamming X and i want to know if there's another way to ressurrect her. I don't have another save point before that choice and can't start all over again.

Thanks!

An option was added to the Highwind for it. Outside the Operation Room/Chocobo Pen on the Highwind, there's an engineer NPC moving around near the black-caped merchant. Talk to him and he'll have some debug options you can toggle, one being to toggle Aeris.

CodeZeta

• View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: 2019-11-04 21:35:30 »
It wasn't a censorship thing. For me, the problem with that scene was President Shinra's reaction to Hojo's proposal. He's told that it'll take 120 years to get a result and rather than coming up with a way of shortening the time needed, Hojo just intends to make a specimen that can 'withstand the research for a long time'. I think in the original dialogue, the president's reaction is he asks Hojo 'won't that hinder our plans' which should go without saying in the first place. It's fine for Hojo to come up with a lunatic plan because that's his character, but the president should be pushing for something more immediate so he can get his new Midgar built within his own lifetime.

With that context in mind I could even agree to the change in Hojo's disposition. Sorry if it sounded like pressuring, didn't have contact with previous feedback, but indeed your description wasn't clear for me through the game itself! I do, however, understand that scripting can be quite the hard work, even if its an interaction like Hojo wanting a long-term resolution with his initial plan, president forcing the hand, wanting something immediate, like an endurance test of sorts. Thanks for the reply Sega, awesome work!

CodeZeta

• View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: 2019-11-09 19:41:10 »
Hello again! Sorry if I'm violating any forum rule by replying twice in a row in a thread, just wanted to propose some more feedback, if thats okay.

I noticed on a quick farm in Costa Del Sol to allow some of my characters to pick up and to get some cash that despite Cloud being fainted the entire time he still got SP. Since he is in the party all the time, I imagine he gets boosted pretty quick in comparison to all other characters. This must have been discussed beforehand, but is it possible to allow for us to switch Cloud out? I was never the type to like the main character centric styles in JRPGs, especially in FF7 when you are basically limited to a two-man party.
And is it a mistake that a party member still gets SP while they are downed? I was just assuming Cloud wasn't getting any SP since party members dont get EXP when downed, as usual.
If everything is working as intended and taking Cloud out of the party really is not possible, could we get an option to cancel out on upgrading a certain character, or only picking up certain party memebrs to rank up at a time? I personally don't like disbalancing my group to make one character or another to be the go-to for everything, while everyone is power-crepts towards just being support to the one guy who is good and/or better at everything.
It might have been that I only had Cloud to upgrade at the moment (honestly its been a few hours so I can't quite recall, sorry if I'm wasting your time). But I think two QoL could be invited:
1) Choice to not rank up a character and go to the next one on the list/pick and select which characters are getting a rank up, along with the information of how many ranks ups they have been through before
2) Option to see which Source Point Options we picked for the characters before, this could be a left-over on the Check SP stuff on save points, a selectable menu that brings up tabs for each character, at most. Just in case the player chooses to diverge their build midway through and forgot where they were taking said character.

Thanks a bunch for the work! Loving to be actually challenged by enemies in the world map! The Jenova boss on the boat was kicking my ass for trying to Morph everything there, had to go without it!

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: 2019-11-09 21:27:28 »
All characters get the SP after joining regardless if they are dead or not. Theres no good way around this due to the way SP is tracked. Cid, Cait, and Vincent come with multiple rank ups when you obtain them to make them even with expected rank of the party at the time. Cloud does not gain ranks faster than the rest of the party (actually slower because of the time he is missing durihng the huge materia quest] unless you do a massive farm and are rank 5 before getting cid or vincent.

As for party selection after you reach the bottom of the North Crater you can then go back to the Highwind and change the party leader to Tifa or Cid. This isnt done earlier in the game for 2 reasons. 1 is that it doesnt make sense story wise, and 2 is it would be a ton of work to adjust all the dialogue and animation options to make the other characters fit into it.

« Last Edit: 2019-11-09 21:29:57 by UpRisen »

Akronhar

• View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: 2019-11-10 20:55:36 »
An option was added to the Highwind for it. Outside the Operation Room/Chocobo Pen on the Highwind, there's an engineer NPC moving around near the black-caped merchant. Talk to him and he'll have some debug options you can toggle, one being to toggle Aeris.

Thanks, i got to disc 3 and toggle aerith as Alive... Now I can see her on the PHS but i can't move her into the party. An error sounds pops whenever i try to choose her. Do I have to do something else?

Thank you!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: 2019-11-10 21:11:39 »
Thanks, i got to disc 3 and toggle aerith as Alive... Now I can see her on the PHS but i can't move her into the party. An error sounds pops whenever i try to choose her. Do I have to do something else?

Thank you!

The required script lines seem to be there. Try toggling her off then on again in case there's been some interference from something. Also, is this the latest 1.5 build IRO from this thread or was it from a catalog?

SpammingIsCool

• View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: 2019-11-13 10:42:55 »
Bug:
Multi-Cut + 2 Enemies or more + Barret's Enemy launcher freezes him  :cry:

great mod btw, please buff fury ring to 50 STR/DEX  ;D (no limits + no blue/purple materia interactions whatsoever).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: 2019-11-13 15:33:24 »
Bug:
Multi-Cut + 2 Enemies or more + Barret's Enemy launcher freezes him  :cry:

great mod btw, please buff fury ring to 50 STR/DEX  ;D (no limits + no blue/purple materia interactions whatsoever).

That's worrying; when used normally, does enemy launcher only hit all enemies or does it hit all enemies + all allies? I remember changing it from the global targeting because it broke with certain command materia but if it's still breaking with multi-cut then I'll need to either change the targeting parameter on multi-cut (assuming that works) or ditch multi-targeting on weapons (unless setting toggle flag allows it to work properly). Will do some tests.

Could buff fury ring but the status itself gives 1.5x extra damage on its own if I remember right. I'll raise it and see how it goes; I've some other things to fix up too.