Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 548184 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [1.8.2] Hyne - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #200 on: 2014-01-29 12:50:21 »
please read the workarounds on the black chocobo faq
http://sourceforge.net/p/blackchocobo/wiki/FAQ/#ps3-psp-workarounds

thvrs

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2014-02-03 03:28:51 »
hyne 1.8.2
qt 4.8.5

I can't edit my game anymore.
When I try to save it, I receive a dialogue box saying "cannot create temporary file"

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2014-02-03 14:19:00 »
Be sure to have the rights to create folders in the program's directory. Maybe try to run Hyne as administrator, also? ("right-click on Hyne -> run as administrator" under Windows).

I guess it could also tell you that if you have really no memory left in your hard disc, but that's doubtful. I think it's definitely a problem with rights.

thvrs

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2014-02-03 23:43:12 »
Be sure to have the rights to create folders in the program's directory. Maybe try to run Hyne as administrator, also? ("right-click on Hyne -> run as administrator" under Windows).

I guess it could also tell you that if you have really no memory left in your hard disc, but that's doubtful. I think it's definitely a problem with rights.
derp...  didn't mention im on OSX (mavericks).
I've checked the properties of the program and related directories and changed all under my user to "read and write".

I've also done the "repair disk permissions"

edit:  I've done every repair and rebuild of permissions I could google.  Still errors with "Can't create temporary file"

edit2:  WORKAROUND (until a fix is found) -- running the "pc" version under wine/winebottler works perfectly.  (gestural scrolls are weird though...be warned.)
« Last Edit: 2014-02-04 03:47:02 by thvrs »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #204 on: 2014-02-04 08:01:35 »
This temporary file is normally created in your user temp directory, but there is a bug and it is created on the current directory. On MacOSX it may causes problems. The next version will fix this issue.

Gurren Lagann

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2014-05-25 22:29:08 »
Hello, myst6re . This is my first post and I am new to these forums.

I am having an issue with the Hyne Final Fantasy VIII Save Editor. I downloaded and installed Final Fantasy VIII Steam Edition by the iNLAWS. And their save data is stored in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy VIII\iNLAWS\remote” as “slot1_save01.ff8” save files. When I open one of these up in Hyne 1.8.2, modify something, and then try to save it, it says:

And there is no metadata.xml file in there to be updated. Is there any way around this? Is it possible to get one from another source? I really, really want to be able to use this program.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #206 on: 2014-05-25 22:58:53 »
this forums does not support any pirated copies. if you buy a real copy metadata signing will work correctly.

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2014-07-11 17:21:58 »
I uses epsxe to play ff8 and creates save states. I wanna to open them for converting to ff8 steam save. So, the problem here is I can't open save state of ff8 with Hyne 1.8.2. I appear a box " the save found is not from Final Fantasy VIII" while Hyne 1.8.2 can open it as informed before. please help !
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 17:24:08 by kisirong2501 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2014-07-11 17:54:46 »
ePSXe has been updated twice since savestate support was added to Hyne. It's possible they changed their savestate format and Hyne was never updated to match; I dunno for sure, I haven't used ePSXe in years.

I can't fix this problem, but I do have a possible workaround: in ePSXe, save your game at a save point, and use Hyne to convert the memory card file instead.

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2014-07-11 23:40:58 »
Yup, I see. Because sometimes in game it's too long to meet a save point and I wanna save at the point that is close to the  tripod player :d. So, it can not be possible.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 23:42:33 by kisirong2501 »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #210 on: 2014-07-13 20:56:07 »
ePSXe has been updated twice since savestate support was added to Hyne. It's possible they changed their savestate format and Hyne was never updated to match; I dunno for sure, I haven't used ePSXe in years.

Nope, there is no changes about save states. My file analysis is not really clever, I'm looking for memorycard header at 0xBC42, and for data at offset 0x779CC. Sometimes there is nothing here, sometimes data are in other places.

(Note: my offsets are for uncompressed save states, there are gzipped)

chocoboy

• View Profile
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but, would it be possible to give characters access to spells that enemies cast, like spells already accessible to characters. In particular, I think it would be awesome if Gravija was usable (really like the special effects too). It seems like, from the way enemies cast it (i.e. the same character casting motion animation sequence occurs for Gravija as does for Thundaga, Firaga, etc) that it's potentially a spell that could be cast by playable characters. I would suspect from a programatic perspective that one would need to identify the place in memory assigned to that particular spell and then create an entry for it in the spell inventory lists accessible for each character.

I'm not familiar with the layout of the spell inventory lists that Hyne modifies but, in addition to identifying the areas corresponding to Catastrophe and "The End", I wonder if a spell stock entry for Gravija also exists? If so, that would be awesome. Thoughts? Or are spells like Gravija too disconnected from character castable spells to even attempt a mod like this?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [FF8PC/PSX] Save editor - Hyne (1.8.2)
« Reply #212 on: 2014-07-30 07:47:00 »
Catastrophe and Selphie's limit break are considered to be like magic spells. There is no place in the savemap to set an ennemy ability to a playable character.

Krade

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2014-08-03 23:41:18 »
Hello,
I tried using Hyne to convert a FF8 PC Steam game to FF8 PS1 PAL and I noticed the game clock increased by 16.66%. It seems that taking a FF8 PS1 PAL save game and converting it to either FF8 PC or FF8 NTSC (Japan or US) removes 16.66% of the game clock and vice-versa.

I didn't look around to check, but given the percentage of the skew, the only explanation that seemed reasonable to me was that this happened because the clock value isn't stored in seconds in the save, but rather an amount of ticks that depend on the refresh rate, meaning the PAL number will increment at only 83.33% speed when compared to a NTSC/PC game, but Hyne will keep the original value without conversion when converting between save types.

Since Hyne displays the game time of both FF8 EU and NTSC/PC saves correctly, you obviously already figured this all out a long time ago, since you take different calculations into account for either PAL or NTSC when reading saves. Any chance Hyne could also convert the clock value when converting between PAL/NTSC save types as well, though?

Thanks,

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2014-08-04 04:34:03 »
In Hyne, in the file selection screen, Settings > FPS > pick one.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #215 on: 2014-08-04 16:02:52 »
as far as i know hyne will not automatic correct the times when you convert pal <-> ntsc. depending on how myst has his region stuff being handled it should be pretty easy to add if i find myself with some time later on tonight i will look at adding this to hyne.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2014-08-04 16:37:38 »
The function for converting game times is there, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it automated I believe.

Krade

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2014-08-04 22:24:18 »
In Hyne, in the file selection screen, Settings > FPS > pick one.
Ah, I see. That's only for adjusting how Hyne displays the date, though, it doesn't really help between correctly converting a save between PAL and NTSC. Other than selecting the original FPS, writing down the value, switching the FPS to the new value and reassigning the time, that is.

MaruMaru no Mi

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2014-08-05 22:13:20 »
Hello guys,

i used the program to make a copie of my ps1 save for my pc. On the Ps1 save i am at cd2, after fishermans horizon. So i've done every step to build the same save up. Then i started FF8 with Steam to play these save. I worked, but everytime when i spawn i can't move.
I dont know how to set the position correctly. Can someone explain me what i have to do?

Greetz

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #219 on: 2014-08-06 12:25:39 »
did u make a new save or just export your ps1 save as PC? the second one would be best todo there is alot that can go wrong with save editing. seams like you might be off the walkmesh slightly . that location might need to be fixed. OR your controller mapping is bad because of your save not sure if it happens in FF8 but with a custom controller map it can happen in FF7. so if you are exporting and did change the buttons in your psx copy try reseting the controls first then exporting.

MaruMaru no Mi

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2014-08-06 19:28:40 »
I wanted to make a new save, because i have no such things to export my savegame from ps1.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2014-08-06 20:29:44 »
Well, I guess you didn't try to hit open, select your memory card file (.mcr) then hit File > Export? It works fine for PSX > PC, but I didn't manage it for PC > PSX without PSXMemTool.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 00:47:58 by Vgr »

u190129

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2014-08-06 22:02:30 »
So I used this editor for the first time, and I'm just trying to blow this game. So I up my characters and GF's levels to 100. But does doing this also affect the monsters levels? In the world map the monster by Balamb are lvl 50 to 100. But the monsters in the fire cave when level 4 or 5. why is this?

aladore384

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2014-08-07 01:59:14 »
So I used this editor for the first time, and I'm just trying to blow this game. So I up my characters and GF's levels to 100. But does doing this also affect the monsters levels? In the world map the monster by Balamb are lvl 50 to 100. But the monsters in the fire cave when level 4 or 5. why is this?

Normal enemy level calculation :
- 50% chance of it being "active party's average level"*0.8
- 50% chance of it being "active party's average level"*1.2

Non-optional Bosses have a level cap (which varies from one to another).

Some places use a different formula for enemy level calculation :

- Fire Cavern : enemies are always level 5 (except Ifrit who is 6)
- Lunatic Pandora (disc 3/4) : enemies are always level 1
- Deep Sea Research Center : normal formula + 15 level
- Island Closest to Hell/Heaven : enemies are always level 100
- Ultimecia Castle : random level
- Omega Weapon (PS1) : always level 100

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #224 on: 2014-08-09 16:47:19 »
Can you please support Greek fonts for Hyne or at least the characters with the accent marks? When I type in latin the  Greek characters show up in my game but there are no accent marks. Also when I type in Greek the characters are not saved. I need to change the names of my  saves and the GF names. Thanks!