Author Topic: [FFX] Enemy AI modification!  (Read 2812 times)

LJH

• View Profile
[FFX] Enemy AI modification!
« on: 2009-05-23 10:54:51 »
Well, I haven't managed much yet, but, those of you who've played probably know of Shinryu and his deadly Eraser attack (Petrifies and shatters one character (thus removing them from the battle), completely ignoring immunity to Petrify). Well, I managed to modify AI to disable it. Or rather, in cases where he'd normally use it, use his physical attack instead. (I see this as perfectly valid, as his attacks are entirely random except for not using Eraser when you only have one character left, thus there's a chance he'll never use it anyway.)

The change, which can be done either in the ISO or a save state, is:
F640D80B70B0 ---> F040D80B70B0
The adress of this data is 38D35A48 in the PAL English ISO (no idea for others), there's no set location in a save state as it's different every time you fight him.

And NSG players will probably want this one too:
AEF2FFAEBF40 ---> 9F0100AEF040 (PAL English ISO: 38D35A10)

This one gets rid of Shining. Leaving the BF40 as is will make him still use Shining, but all the hits of it will land on the same character (it seems that with random-target attacks, if the enemy is only targetting one person, all the hits land on that person). On the other hand, changing the BF40 to F040 but leaving the rest the same will make him use his physical attack instead of Shining, but it'll hit everyone!

LJH

• View Profile
Re: [FFX] Enemy AI modification!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-25 05:29:54 »
Here's a video where I replaced Eraser with another attack that has the same end result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ure6EO6AATE