Author Topic: High Res Cloud (outside of battle) - I have done it!  (Read 32038 times)

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
High Res Cloud (outside of battle) - I have done it!
« Reply #50 on: 2004-07-14 06:49:26 »
HL2 is already sold in russia ... its the version which was stolen from their server some time ago ... so guys finished it by them selfs, and now sell it.
It is missing some parts of levels and some storyline from what i heard ...

svennis

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2004-07-14 07:54:45 »
i got 100mbit upload and download :) lol

CloudSquall

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2004-07-14 13:19:41 »
Quote from: svennis
i got 100mbit upload and download :) lol

guess its an optic?

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #53 on: 2004-07-14 13:45:05 »
Well its not an internet connection.  There no way in HELL you could have a 100mb connection. I think the maximum is 15 megs atm isnt it?

CloudSquall

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2004-07-14 13:58:38 »
Quote from: Darkdevil
Well its not an internet connection.  There no way in HELL you could have a 100mb connection. I think the maximum is 15 megs atm isnt it?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #55 on: 2004-07-14 14:19:24 »
Sure about that?
My university has OC-3.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/OC.html
I've gotten some mad fast download speeds there, occasionally up to 2-4 megabytes per second (not just "spurts," but running for several minutes on end).  It is shared by a few thousand computers, though. :P

Anyway, some people get confused and think they have a 100 megabit connection just because that's what Windows reports for the network line speed. :P

CloudSquall

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2004-07-14 15:24:29 »
Quote from: Aaron
Anyway, some people get confused and think they have a 100 megabit connection just because that's what Windows reports for the network line speed. :P

hahah thats funny if they think that but thats still not much 12megabyte/s ...

btw did u ever try playing Counter-Stike with ur connection?

i think the ping wont show up cuz it stays at 0 lol

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #57 on: 2004-07-15 11:45:43 »
IIRC my university has a gigabit connection to the Internet backbone... you never utilize that speed individually though, because
a) all computers are capped by switches/routers to 10mbit, and
b) the connection is shared by several thousand computers.

Chard

« Reply #58 on: 2004-07-24 02:08:27 »
Cloud is my favorite character and I enjoy him being the largest human in the game. For once he is the big man on campass and you did a fantastic job with him.

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
« Reply #59 on: 2004-07-25 20:57:57 »
I know I was a bit late to catch this half of the conversation but anyways. I was merely stating that I dont want people putting the patch on their site and getting attention for what I've done (yes, technically I didn't make the model but up until now few people knew about it and no one had taken the opportunity to make a patch for it so I did). While the patch may seem simple I had to do a lot of thinking to actually complete it. At first I was planning to reanimate the model from scratch, but then I got cheap and just used Cloud's old animation data. I also had to find a way to dispose of 2 bones so the model would match up with Cloud's old animation data (I decided to drop the new feet and stick with Cloud's original foot boxes).

I'm not claiming the model as my own. I just want to host my damn patch on my own god damn site without anyone else interferring ><

I'd also like to thank everyone for taking my thread completely offtopic and ruining it for everyone else.

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2004-07-26 04:09:19 »
Please, PLEASE chill out, jeez. Noone's trying to steal your work or rip you off for anything here, in case you havent noticed, the people here are quite mature and above that sort of behavior. All anyone was trying to do was mirror the patch for you, not claim it as their own. And I dont see what possible wrong that could bring, as long as they aknowledge you as the author of the patch.

1. If anyone mirrors it on their site, then it may very well be found by more people, and isnt that the point of bringing it to the forums anyway, getting it to people other than yourself?

2. Someone else mirroring it for you means less people have to download from your site directly, which in turn saves bandwidth on your end.

But do what you will, thats just my thoughts.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2004-07-26 06:43:02 »
You know, that model does look a bit clunky...

You got these littttllleeee people and soldiers around, then BIIIGGG 'ol Cloud. Not only that, the textures look very bland. Im no programmer or anything (for now), but consumer wise (even though its free), I'd say theres still room for improvement, but awesome job getting to where you got it. Its definetly better than the jaggies.

(P.S., I just got off the phone with MC Hammer, he wants his Genie Pants back)

Just messin with ya!  :lol:

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #62 on: 2004-07-26 08:50:38 »
Christ kid. CALM DOWN.  You at least appear to have a MAJOUR attitude problem.  no one is "ripping you off" no one is "stealing your work".  show me someone who has it oine their site and I will delete this post and give you every right to be pissed.  so for the moment, stop it.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2004-07-27 04:47:33 »
And its not like you were the first person to do it, anyway.

My bad, i was thinking of soemthing else =(

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
Re: High Res Cloud (outside of battle) - I have done it!
« Reply #64 on: 2008-08-18 01:30:31 »
I know I'm reviving a 4 year old thread, but I was killing time and looking at my internet movements from way back when and stumbled upon this thread. I'd like to formally apologize for being a total douche. :P

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008-08-18 09:19:35 »
Matured a bit now have we?

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008-08-18 17:46:03 »
Ah, until I saw that post I thought this was a new thread that became popular very quickly! ^^
By the way, well done.

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008-10-05 16:56:29 »
yo thanks a but load. finally my first mod on my game. the only problem so far is wen at the beginning when i first see wdge biggs and jesse at the gate thing .. wedge is a GIANT his foot was the size of my hole body. but that was just for  aa few seconds

and in tifas bar wen the game arcade elevator. wen i used it my feet went through the floor..but so far so good..ty!

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008-10-05 18:59:46 »
what program did you use to make that