Author Topic: FF7 bootleg no music (OSTre).  (Read 12045 times)

Croyles

• View Profile
FF7 bootleg no music (OSTre).
« on: 2012-09-23 17:58:50 »
Hi all I am new to this forum.

My FF7 using bootleg seems to run fine except there is no music once it gets passed the opening FMV. The sound effects are all still there, just no music.
I am trying to use the OSTRemastered soundtrack.
I have tried all the mentioned fixes (that i have found) for this, including changing the path file name in the .ini file within the ficedula folder, but no luck.

I have all the necessary mods as i downloaded the full 20gb torrent and everything in the mod list was green and yellow.

Something I should mention, my bootleg install of FF7 went a little different to the guide. The FF7 music install menu for either PSF or OSTRemastered didnt show up automatically, but it DID seem to install it as all the music files are in the OSTRe folder. Just to make sure, I ran the installer manually (the game doesn't play the music either way). I did everything else as stated in the guide.

I didn't select too much in BFE. I selected finalfantim (which confused me but seems to be the same thing as OSTRe), a texture update (Bootlegged, and Mike's Flame V2 for limit texture), Mode Switching - All Mods (before I reinstalled from scratch i had Gjoerulv's hardcore mode selected, none of these two options had any effect on my situation), Rumbah 1280 Smooth cutscenes, and some menu overhauls.

I just can't for the life of me get any music to play at all. Music loads fine in FMVs and preludes but not during actual gameplay (including battles).

I am running:
Windows 7 64bit
ATI Radeon 4800 series

I was really excited to play this game with a remastered soundtrack and harder difficulty mode so any help is greatly appreciated!!

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 bootleg no music (OSTre).
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-24 00:03:59 »
Did you configure the sound device?

Q:Why is there no sound in the game?  Why is the music playing from a different sound device than the game sounds?
A:You need to configure the sound and/or MIDI device.
  Run .\FF7Config.exe as Administrator
  In the SOUND tab, select the 'Sound Driver'
  In the MIDI tab, select the 'MIDI Driver' and the 'MIDI Data'
  Click OK to save the settings
  Open the Volume Mixer
  Adjust the volume for the playback device, applications and FF7 executable

Croyles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-24 14:16:39 »
Did you configure the sound device?

Q:Why is there no sound in the game?  Why is the music playing from a different sound device than the game sounds?
A:You need to configure the sound and/or MIDI device.
  Run .\FF7Config.exe as Administrator
  In the SOUND tab, select the 'Sound Driver'
  In the MIDI tab, select the 'MIDI Driver' and the 'MIDI Data'
  Click OK to save the settings
  Open the Volume Mixer
  Adjust the volume for the playback device, applications and FF7 executable

Yep done all that. :/

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-26 06:33:56 »
Hi Croyles

There may be more than one "ff7music.ini".
Change the option of your Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders.
Then let search for the ini on C:\ .

Greeting Kompass63

fancyp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-26 22:47:10 »
I have EXACTLY the same problem, tried everything so far on the forums, even tried to google it to see if there was an answer outside of this forums no luck :S, I have one more issue tho.Let me know if you have the same problem, everything runs fine until the part where the train stops then the music stops and all I can hear is the soundfx, same thing goes for when I'm in battle and when I try to restart ff7 I can hear the openings music but if I try to click away even for 1 sec , for example the destop, the sound just stops/mutes and doesn't work at all during the whole opening scene.

HELP?

I did not download 20gb of files for nothing -__- , music/gameplay is what made this game so successful.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-27 22:26:55 »
Does the music start once you leave the opening scene?
No music during the opening scene is a common issue with FF7Music.
Sometimes it works if you let the entire intro play through without skipping the FMV.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-28 20:04:04 »
i had this problem, the best way that worked to fix it for me is to go to the ff7 folder and delete 'f7 music" and 'ficedula'

then manually install with ff7musicinstall 15112, then go to ff7music, run ff7 music, and launch the game through that window.... you may have to drag the box open a bit to see the configure and launch options.

good luck

Croyles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-25 22:13:22 »
Thanks zentost that seems to have fixed my problem!
Do the other mods work with this method though? I mean will i still be able to play on hardcore mode and all that even if i run the game through the FF7Music application?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-25 22:46:24 »
Yes, other mods will  work if you install ff7music after the fact.
The only thing you will lose is the OCRemix and Bootleg soundtracks.

The upcoming Bootleg .040 contains some missing PSF tracks.  If you use the above method with .040, you will lose those tracks too.

Biscuiteer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-06-07 14:32:00 »
Sorry to post in an old thread, but I am having this problem and I would like to solve it without losing the new tracks as I quite like them.

Thanks!