Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 342558 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Now that Aali's driver includes OGG support out of the box (and much more reliably than FF7Music has ever been), I will no longer be supporting this application. This post will remain available for posterity, but I highly recommend you use Anxious Heart instead.

FF7Music Installer
Current Version: 1.51.13

I did not make FF7Music, only the installer. I can do my best to find workarounds for FF7Music bugs, but I cannot fix any problems specific to the program itself.

This will not work with the 2012 re-release, only the 1998 PC version.
[/size]

Download: Download (Mediafire) (put this in the same folder as the installer (torrent here), if you want the Remastered OST. The downloader will be fixed when I get a chance.)

What this is
  • An installer for FF7Music, with everything needed to get it working on the latest versions of Windows. Comes with finalfantim's remastered soundtrack and the original Playstation music! No need for that crap Windows midi anymore!
What's Included
  • FF7Music 1.51
  • Highly Experimental 2.09, aka in_psf.dll
  • MAD MP3 Decoder Plugin, aka in_mad.dll (I used this because older versions of in_mp3.dll don't work with x64 operating systems, and newer versions don't work with FF7Music)
  • in_vgmstream.dll r828 (as well as a few dlls it depends on)
  • out_wave.dll 2.0.2a
  • out_ds.dll 2.2.7
  • ficedula.dll
  • ficeconsole.dll
  • My own ff7music.ini
  • The original PSF soundtrack for FF7
  • finalfantim's remastered soundtrack
  • Some nifty launch script magic
What's Required
How To Use
  • Download. Install. Enjoy.
What's this "Minimal installer"?
  • It's just got the PSF soundtrack, not the remastered soundtrack. Perfect for small updates, or for if you don't want the OGGs.
How do I choose which included soundtrack to use?
  • Open FF7Music from the Start Menu. Click Configure. Go to the Files tab. Choose which one you'd like from the Profile menu.
What about my own music?
  • Put it in C:\FF7Music\Custom_Music and either add a new profile or modify an existing profile in FF7Music. The included readme should tell you what all the songs are supposed to be, so you'll know what you're replacing.
HELP! Something's way wrong! It won't install/music won't play/I still hear midi/I really have to go to the bathroom!
  • I'm not surprised. I've only tested this very minimally, and I don't have a wide variety of machines to test it on. Tell me what version of Windows you're using, as well as exactly what went wrong, and I'll deal with it as soon as I can.
There's a virus in here! What are you trying to pull?!?!!?
  • It's not a virus, just a false positive in crappy a/v software. It's been fixed in recent versions, anyway.
Notes
  • The uninstaller is mediocre. It doesn't clean up after itself as well as it could, so some files and folders will need manually deleted.
  • There are a few looping versions of songs included that are not actually used. See this post for more information.
Extra thanks to these guys
  • Ficedula, for making such a great program
  • sl1982, for all his help with learning and understanding NSIS.
  • sl1982, Mendelevium, Cupcake, and sithlord48 for helping me test it. (PM me if I forgot you!)
  • Aali, because his driver makes this possible without needing loopbe.
  • finalfantim, for his wonderful remastered soundtrack.
  • Timber, for his excellent looping OGG tutorial.
  • Sir_Awesome III, for actually looping it all.
  • kranmer, for his great AnyCD mod, as well as some really slick batch files that were helpful examples in improving my own.
  • The AutoIt team, for making the best scripting software I've used.
  • NSIS, for the best installer creation software I've used.
  • All the users, especially those who have sent in bug reports. Without you, this installer would still be a mess!

Download: Download (Mediafire) (put this in the same folder as the installer (torrent here), if you want the Remastered OST. The downloader will be fixed when I get a chance.)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-21 21:51:48 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [BETA RELEASE] FF7Music Installer
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-28 22:25:14 »
Good this will stop all the endless questions... and it is easy.

Nice work :)

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-29 20:15:45 »
Well done!

This is perfect. To bad I already have mine installed.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-30 08:13:16 »
I've gone the rout of emulating Soundblaster support and using Soundfonts. In the end, it's less buggy than FF7Music. However, I WILL give this a DL for archiving and testing purposes. :D

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-30 09:42:46 »
Wow nice work!

You should also include my pack looping pack, as default, since you can still play everything (including my looping oggs, which I got permission from FinalFanTim for), as explained here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10294.msg143951#msg143951

Also a small bug, the OSTRe folder is not created by the installer, unlike the custom_music folder, had to make it manually.

I may include it in future versions of this installer, pending FinalFanTim's permission, but it really depends on somebody being willing to host it; my host won't let me put up something that large.

Just use megaupload. Can host 1GB files.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-31 01:31:06 »
FinalFanTim has given his blessing. A new version may be coming soon, maybe not. Considering using multi-part rar.

What I may end up doing is waiting until somebody gets around to making a full looping version of FinalFanTim's remastered soundtrack (too lazy to do it myself), then include that. I really don't feel like working on this right now, unless I get a report of it not working right.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-31 14:41:45 »
FinalFanTim has given his blessing. A new version may be coming soon, maybe not. Considering using multi-part rar.

What I may end up doing is waiting until somebody gets around to making a full looping version of FinalFanTim's remastered soundtrack (too lazy to do it myself), then include that. I really don't feel like working on this right now, unless I get a report of it not working right.
He's going to give a new version? Hmm I never knew that he was still working on it. Anyways you are talking about the ogg's right? Yeah I'll admit its quite tedious to do.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-01 01:20:32 »
He's going to give a new version? Hmm I never knew that he was still working on it.

I think Covarr was talking about his patch, not the remastered soundtrack. FFT is busy starting his own business and such, but has given permission to edit his current MP3s.

Anyways you are talking about the ogg's right? Yeah I'll admit its quite tedious to do.

You know it's really not as hard as it seems. The ones I uploaded, I did rather quickly, and with no prior Audacity or sound editing experience.
It depends on the song though, the only reason I stopped is because I couldn't get JENOVA to loop smoothly, made me sad lol.

doomy

« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-04 17:48:36 »
Just installed this, and is great, but having one issue.

Using my own custom MP3s, and while they play fine I also get the midi playing behind it. "Mute midi on custom playback" is checked, which was my first thought, but after messing around with it for a while I can't really figure out how to fix it. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-04 17:54:57 »
Check your ff7opengl.cfg and make sure there isnt a # in front of the music plugin =

doomy

« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-04 17:59:59 »
Check your ff7opengl.cfg and make sure there isnt a # in front of the music plugin =

Heh, should of mentioned I checked that! But yea, the issue is not getting it to play, but getting the midi to not play at the same time!

Thanks though =)

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-04 18:04:53 »
You are for some reason not really using the custom driver then. Without the plugin loaded FF7Music will not do anything, when it is loaded there's no MIDI playback.

doomy

« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-04 19:06:20 »
Well, I found a fix by getting a custom midi driver, having FF7 use that and then muting it. Was up on some gamespot forum post:

Download Loopbe1 and install it. Once it is installed, go into the configuration-Midi of FF7, and change the Midi Driver to LoopBe Internal Midi. Then, on the taskbar right beside your clock, there should be an icon for LoopBe1. Right click it, and choose "Mute".

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

That should work.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-04 22:01:55 »
just wanted to let you know you installer does work in wine. just don't expect all to much from ff7music w/ wine it does not work correctly or at all (at least for me..)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-05 22:26:22 »
Installer should be doing this automatically. I'll look into it.

Armand

« Reply #15 on: 2010-08-31 11:23:37 »
I get something that says...

Error opening file for writing:

.Ficedula\FF7Music.exe

.Ficedula\FF7MUSIC.ini

.Ficedula\readme.txt

The only thing it really did is get me to the point where I can't hear any BG music at all.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-31 14:59:44 by Armand »

Senti

• There's a fine line between insanity and ingenius
    • View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #16 on: 2010-08-31 17:01:32 »
What if I want to use FinalFanTim's remastered soundtrack?
  • Put it in C:\FF7Music\OSTRe to use it. I may include it in future versions of this installer, pending FinalFanTim's permission, but it really depends on somebody being willing to host it; my host won't let me put up something that large.
I can host any files you want on my site, not sure what the max file size is for the upload in the section I currently have is, but I can easily ftp it in there for download.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-08-31 18:44:46 »
Thanks for the offer! I've decided for sure to wait until somebody offers to make looping OGGs rather than use MP3, but if/when that eventually happens, you'll be the first person I go to.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
[RELEASE] FF7Music Installer
« Reply #18 on: 2010-09-06 00:23:08 »
New version! Now with looping remastered soundtrack, thanks to Sir_Awesome III!

Anybody who decides to host it, just let me know, I'll add your links and give you thanks. I doubt Megaupload will keep it forever.

Armand, sorry for not getting to your problem sooner, I only just noticed it. What OS are you using? Also, consider trying the latest version, I fixed a few problems in it.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 05:26:22 by Covarr »

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
Re: [RELEASE] FF7Music Installer
« Reply #19 on: 2010-09-06 21:05:48 »
Hosted on my site, will be able to download from http://www.psychopathicstudios.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=3 so long as my site remains up your file will remain up, if you need to update and I don't have your current release then let me know and I'll upload it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-09-06 21:10:53 »
Yeah, it's not working for me, tested in IE and Chrome.

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #21 on: 2010-09-06 21:27:18 »
Give it a bit, first upload didn't finish off properly, had a net hiccup when I uploaded and noticed the file size was wrong, almost done re-uploading it now.

Edit: Should be up and ready to go.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 21:36:05 by Senti »

90°

« Reply #22 on: 2010-09-08 15:48:45 »
Just thought I'd drop in, and sya thanks for this. Awesome stuff here.  ;)

The PychopathicStudios link worked great, and was resumable through a download manager.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-09-09 15:42:33 »
In the future, I may include a batch file to launch FF7Music and FF7 at the same time, to save a step for launching the game. This mostly depends on demand, though, because I'm lazy.

I would be interested in this :)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-09-09 16:07:58 »
I second the post above me :D