Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 OST Remastered - Looping OGGs(2010-09-04)(Missing Download)  (Read 78778 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
PSF is the actual music data from the original playstation game, including loop point. It'll loop from exactly where it's supposed to, just like it did on the original PSX version. If it doesn't, then something is set up wrong.

BloodShot

• View Profile
PSF is the actual music data from the original playstation game, including loop point. It'll loop from exactly where it's supposed to, just like it did on the original PSX version. If it doesn't, then something is set up wrong.

Really? I tried both my old FF7Music setup from a long time ago and the installer you provided and on both PSFs seem to just loop after the song is over, with no actual point of looping.

Is there any specific configuration i need or something?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Huh, I can't imagine why it's doing that. However, you're not the first person to report this, so I think there may be a mistake in my installer. If FF7Music's config, set in_psf.dll as the input plugin, go into the settings, and check "Force all songs to play indefinitely". If that fixes this, let me know.

LJH

• View Profile
I'm having no trouble with the PSF anymore, but it won't save the settings for the OGG plugin. Once I click "Save" (on the FF7Music config, not the plugin-specific one), then go in again, it reverts.

BloodShot

• View Profile
go into the settings, and check "Force all songs to play indefinitely". If that fixes this, let me know.

Wow, thanks for the tip, it worked.

Heh, now i feel stupid, i saw that checkbox before but i assumed it would cause songs to keep playing when they are supposed to stop.  :roll:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Now I need to find a way to automatically set that in the installer. I never noticed that problem before.

I dunno why OGG keeps reverting. But I also don't know why it's not looping, I haven't noticed any fadeout on my machine.

Robbyn

Okay... Not too sure where this should be posted, but reading all the talk about the looping made me want to post this here.
I use all the .ogg files from OST.   (VERY nice by the way. Loving them.  As well as the whole installer. Makes the game just that much more awesome!)    But the only problem I am having aside from a display issue is every time I go into a new room/area or after a battle the song from that area starts from the beginning rather then continuing where it left off.     Is this normal? Or am I missing something that's right under my nose? :|

Sorry if I am posting out of place.

Oh and I read that little rant on the first page about 'professionalism'    Just remember...  Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic. 

obesebear

• View Profile
Okay... Not too sure where this should be posted, but reading all the talk about the looping made me want to post this here.
I use all the .ogg files from OST.   (VERY nice by the way. Loving them.  As well as the whole installer. Makes the game just that much more awesome!)    But the only problem I am having aside from a display issue is every time I go into a new room/area or after a battle the song from that area starts from the beginning rather then continuing where it left off.     Is this normal? Or am I missing something that's right under my nose? :|

Sorry if I am posting out of place.

Oh and I read that little rant on the first page about 'professionalism'    Just remember...  Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic. 
There's an option in FF7 music that allows you to pick and choose which songs pick up where they left off.  Find out which songs you don't want to do that and uncheck them...or vice versa

Robbyn

Wow... Why didn't I notice that in the first place.  Done, I deleted all on the list but the obvious ones for fights.   Oh and I found a way to edit music for like the beginning bombing mission,  so you don't have to listen to the intro.   I went to a site called   http://mytinyphone.com   It's meant for editing songs to make into ringtones... But it works just the same. You can cut out parts of a song or select where you want the song to begin.  SO I just made it play after the intro.  Then just save the file it makes to your computer.  I believe it's in MP3 format.

Not sure if that helps for anything. But just thought I would share a discovery of mine. 

Thank you, Obesebear, for pointing that out to me, about the option.   Not sure how I missed that one.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-20 06:41:26 by Robbyn »

willis936

• View Profile
Gotta say this is the coolest thing since sliced bread.  I honestly can't tell you how amazing this is.

One note: Make sure you set your input .dll to loop indefinitely.  Also if some people are having problems remember to get and put in_vgmstream.dll AND it's external .dlls into your ff7music directory.

Also I noticed the sound effects in the field have been getting drowned out by the music.  I don't know why this is, ff7music volume is set to 100 (it was 179 before) but it doesn't seem like that changed it.  My example is Barret shooting Nanaki's cage in the shinra building.  Barely even audible.  Thoughts? Comments? Solutions?

EDIT:  Okay solved my own problem.  100 is still too high.  Strange it goes so high (255) if you only want to use 1-100.  I'm using 65 but I'm thinking 50 is probably perfect.

Okay so it turns out 35 sounds as close to 1 to 1 as I'm going to get.  I know this is the wrong thread but is there anyway to jack the FX volume?
« Last Edit: 2010-11-03 17:44:15 by willis936 »

SamuraiGarrin

The links for this file are dead. Would someone re-upload or make a torrent for it? I just got the re-released version of FF7 and, as much as I love Anxious Heart, I want to give this soundtrack a try, too!

(Also, sorry for the necrobump.)

SamuraiGarrin

OK, I'm assuming that these OGG files are based off of an older version of Final FanTim's work since his release post that lists updated tracks was last edited in 2011 and Sir_Awesome III's release post here was last edited in 2010, right? Assuming that those guys don't check this board anymore, is there anyone else who would be willing to convert the updated tracks to OGG to bring it up to date? I'd do it myself, but I have no idea how to set up looping and such in OGG files.

(Thanks a bunch for the link, Corvarr!)

PacGamer

This has all the songs looped, but you will need to rename them to work with the rerelease.
Went and formatted each of those to be compatible with the re-release. (looping included!)

-snipped-
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 03:58:24 by PacGamer »

Redx508

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged bad upload maybe?

File: FF7 OST Remastered Ogg Fix v2.rar
CRC-32: 73734e34

SamuraiGarrin

I found a bug when using this soundtrack in the new release of FF7. When you sleep at an inn, the screen fades to black and the music (yado.ogg, or Good Night, Until Tomorrow) plays as expected, but the game apparently locks up (the screen stays black and all controls are non-responsive). Could be because the remastered track is a few seconds longer than the original, but I'm just guessing here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've hard about this... does it do with with my ogg's too?  if so yeah, maybe length matters for it.  Which is stupid.

SamuraiGarrin

No, your OGG works fine. Only locks up with the remastered version. I even tried it at two different inns in the game, but got the same result.

SamuraiGarrin

I'm not so sure about the length theory now. I just compared the lengths of the three tracks (original PC, Anxious Heart, and Remastered) and the differences are:

AH: 7.93 sec
Original: 10.36 sec
Remastered: 10.62 sec

Unless the game has a really weird cutoff length (like 10.5 sec), it's probably something else.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Double check and make sure there's no looping metadata AT ALL for that song. A common mistake I've seen on looping music is to set a loop at the end so that it just plays silence until the next event or song starts, however, that is incorrect for the new FF7 because the game actually uses music timing for some things (90% sure, don't quote me on this). If there's no loop at all, the song should stop correctly and allow the game to continue.

SamuraiGarrin

Yep, that was the problem. I removed the looping metadata and it works now!

PacGamer

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged bad upload maybe?

File: FF7 OST Remastered Ogg Fix v2.rar
CRC-32: 73734e34
I found a bug when using this soundtrack in the new release of FF7. When you sleep at an inn, the screen fades to black and the music (yado.ogg, or Good Night, Until Tomorrow) plays as expected, but the game apparently locks up (the screen stays black and all controls are non-responsive). Could be because the remastered track is a few seconds longer than the original, but I'm just guessing here.
Fixed and fixed. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22153233/FF7+OST+Remastered+Ogg+Fix+v3.zip

SamuraiGarrin

The looping metadata needs to be removed from walz.ogg as well, else the poor dears at the Chocobo Ranch will dance for you forever (and you won't be able to progress the game).

Redx508

The looping metadata needs to be removed from walz.ogg as well, else the poor dears at the Chocobo Ranch will dance for you forever (and you won't be able to progress the game).

How do you remove the looping metadata?

trondhe

There is a problem with the fanfare at Juno, when doing the special move, practicing, in the shinra clothes. Same looping metadata