Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000658 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [RELEASE v1.5]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #250 on: 2010-11-05 00:53:04 »
please check your email.

edit: update, ok when i compile it for windows.. in my windows VM it crashes w/ your save, this does not happen on my computer running kubuntu 10.10 w/ kde 4.5.3.

edit: edit: this crash also happens on Mac Os X. (10.5.5).

Maybe people should stop using terrible Operating Systems. Just my two cents.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #251 on: 2010-11-08 22:17:16 »
please check your email.

edit: update, ok when i compile it for windows.. in my windows VM it crashes w/ your save, this does not happen on my computer running kubuntu 10.10 w/ kde 4.5.3.

Thats like asking for people to stop being brain washed by TV.
Never going to happen.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #252 on: 2010-11-08 22:38:44 »
please check your email.

Thats like asking for people to stop being brain washed by TV.
Never going to happen.
perhaps if we invite them ?

i invite all of you to the gnu/linux distro of your chosing......

(did that work?)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2010-11-08 22:56:04 »
Nope

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2010-11-09 13:50:59 »
EDIT : silly me, instead of teleporting, I can just call the sector 7 shop with Kranmer's beta trainer, to fix my problem ^^
Nice, I'm glad to hear my trainer fixed your problem.

perhaps if we invite them ?

i invite all of you to the gnu/linux distro of your chosing......

(did that work?)
Maybe when a OS like ReactOS comes out it (and i don't mean alpha or beta, i mean a proper release) will change peoples minds since it isn't Linux or Windows. I currently have 1 PC with a dual boot of XP and Ubuntu 9.10 (i haven't updated to the latest version yet due to a problem when i tested the live CD of 10.04),1 PC with just XP and 1 laptop with Windows Vista and i have 2 more laptops one with Xbuntu and the other with Fedora 13 installed on it and i must say the Linux OS's run faster and make a more efficient use of my RAM but i still need Windows because there is a lot of stuff wine can't do yet, so until a OS like ReactOS or until Wine is capable of running everything from Windows i will be sticking with both Linux and Windows.

Anyway back on topic, Thanks for the new version sithlord48 some of the newer features will help me with some of my testing (things that need to be tested under certain conditions to make sure everything is OK, and my trainer can do alot but a few things it can't which is where this will really help).

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #255 on: 2010-11-09 17:07:32 »
Anyway back on topic, Thanks for the new version sithlord48 some of the newer features will help me with some of my testing (things that need to be tested under certain conditions to make sure everything is OK, and my trainer can do alot but a few things it can't which is where this will really help).

glad i can be of help! If there are features you need for testing feel free to drop me a pm.  I have not made any plans on what new features the next version will contain so as usual suggestions are welcome.

AlterEgo87

« Reply #256 on: 2010-11-10 07:54:17 »
Hi

im a noob here anyways sithlord48 could you please work on saving "back to a PSV. file" for the PS3

cause i downloaded FF7 on PS3 from the market place ages ago and found this program and wanted to edit some bit im able to open the PSV as you well know but i can't save back.

there loads of intelligent people on this board that i noticed maybe maybe you lot could put your heads together and sort this out.

because i can't do the workaround that you mentioned.

Anyways please have a go there loads of people that would like this.

Thank you.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #257 on: 2010-11-10 12:13:47 »
Hi

im a noob here anyways sithlord48 could you please work on saving "back to a PSV. file" for the PS3

cause i downloaded FF7 on PS3 from the market place ages ago and found this program and wanted to edit some bit im able to open the PSV as you well know but i can't save back.

there loads of intelligent people on this board that i noticed maybe maybe you lot could put your heads together and sort this out.

because i can't do the workaround that you mentioned.

Anyways please have a go there loads of people that would like this.

Thank you.

one question did you attempt to look in to any of the documentation ?  there is a work around and also a reason that myself or anyone else can't save to a psv file. , go read the user manual.

AlterEgo87

« Reply #258 on: 2010-11-10 14:23:20 »
yes i've read the "user manual"

Tip: Saving .psv or VMP files is not possible currently. This feature will be added when someone cracks
   the psv/VMP checksum. there is  workaround <----

i cannot do the workaround because i no longer have a ps2 i used to have one of them back in the stoneage moved on since then. so i cant do and messing about, i did read everything. also i no1 going to attempt to crack the psv/VMP checksum ??

Is this impposible or is it no1 can be bothered...im not trying to be rude just asking. :-\

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #259 on: 2010-11-10 15:35:22 »
its a 160-bit checksum... of a non standard type that seams to only use parts of the save file to generate the sum. i will not be working on this as im no expert in cryptology. so you will have to wait untill someone does crack it. look at the vmp files it uses a similar checksum, and the psp is long hacked w/ no attempt generate a proper checksum for vmp files.

sorry if i seam to be rude, but i get lots of stupid questions when people don't bother to read the documentation first.

AlterEgo87

« Reply #260 on: 2010-11-10 15:56:47 »
Thank you sithlord48 i fully understand thats all i needed to know.  :wink:

I'll wait maybe some1 mite get around to doing so in the ner future cheers.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #261 on: 2010-11-11 15:27:30 »
Don't Mind this post its just my todo list for later when i get back to work

• Lock out export region for now Virtual Memcard Saves(DONE)
  • function for header write for VMS(DONE)
  • fix 'time" in psx preview in header saves(DONE).
  • import/export mcr/mcd functions(?)

Update:
moved region stuff to the "Slot" menu.

enabled psp saving, (see below for more info on that)
there is not enuff of the psp saves being written that the next version will have the ability to save vmp files, however since the checksum remains uncracked, this feature will mainly be useful to people who have psp w/ custom firmware that can ingore the checksum being incorrect. (it also might work if you only change region of the slot).

some more updates:
fixed a bug that would export the wrong time for the preview , shown in the psx's memory card manager, this bug would also affects (but not in released versions) the header written to all "Virtual Memory Card" formats. v1.6 will when saving the headers for theses types correctly save the play time in the psx header and the time will be will be displayed correct in tools like psxmemtool, and any other item that tryes to emulate the way a psx previews save game data in its memory card manager.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-12 12:48:26 by sithlord48 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2010-11-12 10:15:06 »
Bug report:
When modifying the time and saving the changes, the minutes always set to 0.
Sometimes if you select an equipped materia and press clear the program jumps back to clouds equipment tab (the materia is cleared correctly though). This happened to me while editing vincents stats when it had sephiroths but not all the time, i was saving and opening different saves when the bug appeared. I *think* am using the latest svn

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #263 on: 2010-11-12 11:57:22 »
hey eslava, i did a few updates last night (like 3am your time) be sure to upgrade your trunk, and i'll be on later. to straighten it out.

oh that bit aboout jumping back to  cloud's materia tab. does this only happen w/ y.cloud/ sephiroth, it might be a side effect of test data, see if you can get it to do it other wise (theres a conditional that sets currentchar to 0 when the vincent/caitsith slot should be "locked". so that if you are displaying one of them and move to a slot w/ their alt id's you are prevented from changing the stats.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-12 12:02:05 by sithlord48 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2010-11-12 12:11:23 »
I have to further test it but yeah so far i only got that bug with sephy and y. cloud.

EDIT: The bug only happens when sephiroth/young cloud checkboxes are checked, when you uncheck them, the materia clears and doesnt jump to clouds tab.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-12 12:22:23 by Eslava »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #265 on: 2010-11-12 12:53:56 »
Update:
more progress
  • Fixed:Minute save bug (esalva reported above)
  • Fixed:Not Saving Preview time when Editing the Time
  • Fixed:The Throw back to cloud issues eslava reported
  • Added: Opened File Name Shown in Title
« Last Edit: 2010-11-12 23:14:57 by sithlord48 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2010-11-12 23:58:33 »
Update:
more progress
  • Fixed:Minute save bug (esalva reported above)
  • Fixed:Not Saving Preview time when Editing the Time
  • Fixed:The Throw back to cloud issues eslava reported
  • Added: Opened File Name Shown in Title

Thanks, everything is working perfectly now  :). Also note the cool new feature, when clicking on sephiroth/young cloud checkboxes, the portraits change as well to fit the character.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #267 on: 2010-11-14 02:32:40 »
yes, when you click on the sephiroth or young clould checkboxes the portrats change..and they look much better w/ the scaled up icons.

also i fixed a crash that could happen under the right condiditons. if you have an empty materia  slot selected and alt + -> over to an ocupied materia slot in another save slot, the program may crash, this is now fixed by default when changing save slots w/ alt -> or alt <- materia slots will be unselected unless they are the materia.

edit: update

when alt -> and alt <- are used and materis is selected it now behaves as expected, by keeping the index of the selection, and updating based on it.

internal changes to eskills handling.

no more selections of list items.

edit: more progress
added young cloud icon when needed.
added young cloud and sephiroth to party slots menu. not really new just the icon and lbls..

edit: even more progress
fixed:issue of saving w/ hours >99 on psx mc header
new:region detection for ever kind of save.. (psv and psx based on file name)
new:export mc files (mcr mcd) header data based on save region (uncheck region to clear)

Progress update 11/20/10
Fixed issues in Windows and linux installer that will allow for lang changes to work when called from shortcuts.

fixed crash when guirefresh is called. w/ no files loaded.

Added an option to make current slot the default save map. (as in the one the kernel makes ). if you have a moded kernel don't worry you can create you own default save and set it in the options dialog, just be sure to first export the save you want as psx type.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-20 20:30:16 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.6]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #268 on: 2010-11-21 20:01:17 »
Version 1.6 is released. there are lots of new features for everyone to play with as well as a bunch of fixes. the user manual will be updated soon..  for you mac os users i've made a nice pkg install to get it installed correctly
« Last Edit: 2010-11-22 15:27:17 by sithlord48 »

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2010-11-22 17:24:58 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:31:45 by Jenova's Witness »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #270 on: 2010-11-22 17:56:36 »
the program does not handle save states... you will have to give it your emulators memory card. in the mcr or mcd format.

thanks to Mr.morgan the mac package now comes in a dmg file as most mac users would expect
« Last Edit: 2010-11-22 19:34:45 by sithlord48 »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2010-11-24 20:52:56 »
Version 1.6 is released. there are lots of new features for everyone to play with as well as a bunch of fixes. the user manual will be updated soon..  for you mac os users i've made a nice pkg install to get it installed correctly

The user guide is up to date with (almost) all the features of v1.6

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #272 on: 2010-11-28 18:36:07 »
Some Progress :

This Is a New Dialog That Shows If you load a mcr/mcd or vmp file and attempt to view a non ff7 slot.

Also A new Menu Layout w/ the slot menu broken in to an edit and view section,

Also the New Game Option Will reset the slot to a new game (based on the default save).
and the New Game + Option Will reset the current slot back to default other then you char stats, items, materias, gil, gp , chocobobos . effectively allowing you to start a new game + .

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #273 on: 2010-11-28 19:45:33 »
Also the New Game Option Will reset the slot to a new game (based on the default save).

Good idea, I think I'll implement it on Hyne.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2010-11-30 00:43:34 »
Hey "Sithlord" - Sorry to bother you, but I have a question.

I took another look at your "PSV workaround" and I have everything needed except for 2 things.
1: Original Backwards Compatable "fat" PS3
2: Official 3-Disk FF7 Playstation Game
3: (my FF7 psv save file from my ps3)
4: Latest Black Chocobo Release
5: PS3 Memory Card Adapter
6: Original Backwards Compatable "fat" PS2
7: ??? [NO FMCB or ulaunchElf]
8: 1GB Sony USB
9: Playstation Memory Card

I don't have the FMCB or ulaunchElf items.
But I'm concerned (sence I know nothing about them)

They don't require me to physically MOD any of my hardware, do they?
Because I don't want to risk damaging my ps2.
(sence you can't get backwards compatable ones anymore)