Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007851 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #50 on: 2014-01-09 18:45:56 »
Still think "achievements" are no match for the new menu.  The old is abysmal.

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014-01-09 19:42:45 »
This may not have anything to do with this, but it's driving me crazy.  Just trying to start the game, during the opening video, the sound gets choppy while it's still showing the stars.  Then, for the rest of the video, the sound lags WAY behind the video.

I did a complete uninstall (including registry keys), and redownloaded from Steam.  I used the game converter, installed Reunion, and installed FF7Music.  That's it.  Other than that opening video, everything else is working fine.

My previous version also included mods from Bootleg.  In that version, the opening video was fine (even after installing Reunion), but the Buster Sword was plain white in battle (missing texture?), so I did the fresh install, without Bootleg.

I actually installed less, this time, so, I don't understand the problem.  The main difference is, I installed FF7Music separately, since I wasn't going to use any other Bootleg mods.

Are there any options in ff7_opengl.cfg that could cause this?  I edited that manually, this time, since I don't have the BootLoader.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 19:45:08 by Kalkano »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014-01-09 20:03:32 »
Post that in Aali's driver thread.  This mod does not alter music or video.  Also, FF7music is no longer needed as of latest driver.  Don't reply to this message.  Thanks :)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #53 on: 2014-01-09 20:23:16 »
This project turned into a lot more than I was expecting. I was wondering about changes to the flevel though. Is it solely going to effect the dialogue or will it change other things too? I know the church scene with Reno walking in too soon was fixed, but I just wanted to be sure nothing else in the script is effected. I don't have a default flevel so it already has quite a few changes. I suppose if necessary I could install to default files and then copy in the new dialogue, I'm just hoping to avoid that. 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-01-09 20:28:41 »
That Leno fix has not been added yet. I didn't mention it to Luksy but it does need adding.,  Perhaps kaldarasha can get him the full list of changes needed?

There are no additional script changes like that.  The only script changes there are when adding Beacause are ones that are to do with the plot.  Like accidentally deleted scenes and cursor fixes.  Nothing more.  Only Weapon will significantly alter scripts.

I have not done anything with Beacause that Sakaguchi wouldn't have done (well, aside from mistakes we may have made here and there).

The thing is, you WILL need a new flevel or some of the fixes for cursor options will be missed. Surely you can find a default flevel?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 20:32:54 by DLPB »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014-01-09 21:01:38 »
That could probably just be mixed in with Kaladrashas community flevel project than. The list of changes are pretty long.

If that's the case than installing over mine should work fine. It mostly just has a few fixes and alterations, nothing extra added like Nightmare or anything. It does have the original retranslation installed too but that's probably not an issue. When you say cursor do you mean the pointer for the menus (like hand_1.01.png)? Like the elevator issue at Shrina HQ when the cursor doesn't point at the option it's actually selecting, or saving the game after a disk ends? I don't remember if I currently have those problems or if they were fixed. If that's the case I'll run the installation and test those menus.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014-01-09 21:09:21 »
It will be an issue.   The fixes to cursor options require that a clean flevel be used for Reunion (you can add the other mods after).  The result if you do not will be dialogue boxes being totally wrong in at least one map.  And probably more.   Using an flevel that's been encoded already is also very bad idea because MO had bugs.

The exe being original is critical...
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 21:16:12 by DLPB »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-01-09 21:27:08 »
Crap that'll be a problem. My changes aren't installed by an executable or anything, they were manually done in makou reactor. What map in particular would probably have issues? If that's the case I'll double check how everything's organized in makou reactor, maybe I can paste in the script changes to a new file after running reunion.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-01-09 21:32:47 »
It's impossible to know at moment since ts is very volatile with options...  luksy isn't best pleased with it and neither am i.  Think it needs a new strategy.  But anyway...  maps affected would be any with a script fix (possibly others too that had an option).  These are:

# Enable extra Barret cutscene later on in gonjun1
chrin_2 = 1
# Activate village elder extra dialogue immediately after other two
# (instead of having to ask 10 times)
goson = 1
# Enable old guy's 3 random dialogues (only 2 shown normally).
elmin4_2 = 1
# Enable Aerith's dialogue when attempting to pass
# before Kalm (uses Tifa's without)
psdun_2 = 1
# Change Tifa & Aerith's lovepoints check to > 40 (was > 120)
gongaga = 1
# Fix Barret infinite lovepoints bug
# (gives +6 points if you hear him out to the end, otherwise none)
cosin1_1 = 1
# Fix Tifa infinite lovepoints bug
blin67_2 = 1

# Enable extra cutscene (text needs to be copied over from PSX version)
mtcrl_9 = 1
# Insert extra Barret dialogue if not in party when receiving PHS
elminn_1 = 1
# Change when TV dialogues appear
min51_1 = 1
# Fixes movie end chopping
lastmap = 1
# Patches question var in case mods change it
frcyo = 1
# Fixes menu access bug after talking with Yuffie
fship_4 = 1
# Increases crew member talk range to enable dialogue
del1 = 1

Anything patched with old MO is likely broken.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 21:34:44 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014-01-09 22:26:47 »
I have made a few more changes. For example, I ever find it odd (the Wallmarket event) that Cloud only turns around when Aerith clearly says to him, that he should go to the bar. The other thing is an added jump and landing sound of the Goldsaucer when Cloud is jumping in the tubes or is coming out of them.
I hoped that we could enhance 7th Heaven with a precalculation function for the flevel and an ability to read the text files ts creates. It would make things a lot easier to modify with also an easy support of different languages. But Iros isn't active anymore, so I think this door is closed for a while (until he comes back - at last I hope that he will).
I personally like things, which alters the game without being obvious (like Barret throws visible money to Cloud or the machine sound in the Highwind) or funny addings like a theater presentation in the event square (the one of FF9 would be a nice Easter egg).
Clever changes in the flevel can make the game much more immersive then any model overhaul could do.

We really need a way to patch the flevel in an easy way... hmm, I guess I should asked myst6re for something...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-01-09 22:34:27 »
Also, there's a materia colour issue in the Tornado Labyrinth. One of the materias is the wrong colour on the ground.

Do you think you can get me a list of changes to fix the church scene with Leno so he comes in later and so cloud doesnt turn to face that direction?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2014-01-09 22:47:56 »
@ cmh175
I really would like to work on the Community flevel project, but at first I need to work on my Model overhaul to bring it to work with the Reunion.

@ DLPB
If I find where and understand why I have made the change.  :P

I have found where we have started the discussion.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11649.msg205383#msg205383
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 22:53:56 by Kaldarasha »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2014-01-09 23:16:06 »
We're getting slightly OT, but I'm in the early stages of writing a script patcher so I can separate all the script nonsense from ts, the idea would be to make changes with mako, save the flevel, and then dump the individual scripts using a new tool. After that it's a matter of distributing patches as a collection of scripts, and using the tool to reinject them into the flevel on install.

The main issue is getting different mods that modify the same script to play along with each other, I can think of only two solutions for now: either each mod creator would need to create a custom version of each conflicting script for each combination of mods (as you can imagine this would get out of hand very quickly), or the end user is presented with a diff-like screen that gives them the option of deciding how conflicting scripts are merged (which will be tricky for anyone unfamiliar with ffvii scripting).

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014-01-09 23:59:31 »
We're getting slightly OT, but I'm in the early stages of writing a script patcher so I can separate all the script nonsense from ts, the idea would be to make changes with mako, save the flevel, and then dump the individual scripts using a new tool. After that it's a matter of distributing patches as a collection of scripts, and using the tool to reinject them into the flevel on install.

The main issue is getting different mods that modify the same script to play along with each other, I can think of only two solutions for now: either each mod creator would need to create a custom version of each conflicting script for each combination of mods (as you can imagine this would get out of hand very quickly), or the end user is presented with a diff-like screen that gives them the option of deciding how conflicting scripts are merged (which will be tricky for anyone unfamiliar with ffvii scripting).

Damn it! The like button is broken. Says something about no double karma action in 24 hours. Can someone else push the like button for me, please?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014-01-10 00:26:13 »
Also, there is a small text issue in frcyo (chocobo farm), where text overlaps when you feed a chocobo.  I've sorted it.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #65 on: 2014-01-10 02:08:51 »
I think this is a model issue, but with Vincent's first Limit Break, Gallian Beast, when he uses his Beast Flare technique I get one of those little error messages on the screen (I can never seem to quite catch exactly what it says). It doesn't effect game play and looks fine visually, but I figured it'd be worth mention as I'm that loser that actually uses Vincent's Limits (once I'm sure he won't be healing the opponent, anyways. XD)

Also, messing around with Aali's driver options, but after playing the shooting minigame at the Gold Saucer I can say for sure that I've got something speeding up the minigames beyond belief (I'm just glad that motorcycle speed-up wasn't my imagination!)  I'm gonna mess with some of the fixes mentioned early on in this thread, but I figured it might be worth mentioning just in case.

PS - Awesome on the Steam support! I have no interest in that version myself, but it's great for those that shelled out for it! ^_^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014-01-10 02:23:52 »
The frame limiting options should be there and must be latest aali driver.  Then they will be correct speeds.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014-01-10 03:07:56 »
I think this is a model issue, but with Vincent's first Limit Break, Gallian Beast, when he uses his Beast Flare technique I get one of those little error messages on the screen (I can never seem to quite catch exactly what it says). It doesn't effect game play and looks fine visually, but I figured it'd be worth mention as I'm that loser that actually uses Vincent's Limits (once I'm sure he won't be healing the opponent, anyways. XD)

Also, messing around with Aali's driver options, but after playing the shooting minigame at the Gold Saucer I can say for sure that I've got something speeding up the minigames beyond belief (I'm just glad that motorcycle speed-up wasn't my imagination!)  I'm gonna mess with some of the fixes mentioned early on in this thread, but I figured it might be worth mentioning just in case.

PS - Awesome on the Steam support! I have no interest in that version myself, but it's great for those that shelled out for it! ^_^

I think you didn't disable popups. Otherwise you'll just get random notices throughout the game. Most of them are harmless. The settings are easy to miss in notepad. Is this not configurable in bootloader anymore? 

The discussion about installing overlapping flevel scripts sounds really interesting and would really help make things more user friendly and unified. I'm going to try installing the reunion with a mostly default flevel, with the changes added to a vanilla flevel. My scripting skills and experience aren't great but it sounds like without the original retranslation and MO, it'll probably only effect the parts you intended it to.

Does the reunion include the Vincent Ballerina fix? I'm not sure of the details of the file Obesebear uploaded so if not I'll correct the animation after the install.   

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #68 on: 2014-01-10 04:50:44 »
@cmh - I'm really not an expert at notepad editing (I really have to be told if the problem is there), so its almost certainly that! Could you tell me the exact thing to edit/look for? I find stuff using the find function from the top of the document.
@Dan - I think I have the  most recent, but I'll double check.  I do, but it looks like I found the part I messed up in the notepad file, so this should fix it! Aaand it does thanks so much! :D
« Last Edit: 2014-01-10 05:06:38 by mugenginga »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014-01-10 05:03:39 »
We should probably start a topic for this, but…

Just thought of another cunning plan

Mods that change flevel scripts could simply hijack an unused script (or even add entirely new entities) to insert their custom code, after that it's a matter of inserting the call in the target script, anchoring it before or after an op that you know already exists in the original script.

This should (in theory) eliminate conflicts, as long as modders work together to make sure that they don't use the same empty scripts.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-10 07:24:41 by luksy »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2014-01-10 08:41:06 »
@cmh - I'm really not an expert at notepad editing (I really have to be told if the problem is there), so its almost certainly that! Could you tell me the exact thing to edit/look for? I find stuff using the find function from the top of the document.

If you are using latest aali driver, you can't.  He's disabled the ability to hide errors.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #71 on: 2014-01-10 11:45:28 »
Ah, thanks Dan. It's really not that big of a deal, so that's okay. ^_^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2014-01-10 13:38:40 »
Well, actually, there is a patch that's been made to remove it again on his driver, but I can't release that can I :P  I didn't make it, but I use it.  :P  Guess you need to learn some assembly.

Tiz

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014-01-11 02:01:15 »
Hello, DLPB and congrats on the release! I have been eagerly waiting for this mod for a while! :)

Unfortunately, I am running into a problem with the installer.
It looks like this for me:

I am unable to re-size the window or go past this point. I am running Windows 8.1 on a Macbook Pro Retina using Boot-camp if that makes a difference. Thanks, any help would be great! :)

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #74 on: 2014-01-11 09:53:27 »
Dan - Btw, the installer is awesome I love the use of the music and the Sephiroth animation with his sword coming off the screen is pretty sweet.

A question on translation you've probably talked over with Luksy, but... moguris? With a word that's clearly Japanese to many familiar with the language (as well as a word that's going to stick out due to breaking from English canon, something I love and support in this case), moguris sounds awkward.  I think it might be better to go with the singular plural like in moose, as that's the nature of Japanese words in general.

Although my thoughts on this are mainly due to a pet peeve of mine when seeing words like 'chibis' all around the internet. XD
« Last Edit: 2014-01-11 11:11:35 by mugenginga »