Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 FREE on Steam  (Read 6246 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Team Fortress 2 FREE on Steam
« on: 2011-07-14 23:24:08 »
A few people Ive talked to didnt know this, so I figured it was worth posting. Just get steam, go to the Team Fortress 2 page as if you were buying a game, and just install. No Purchase Necessary

Also, If you guys are at all interested in this game, Id like to set up a server for us to all get together once a week and play together. It would be a good community builder and we could get to know each other.

Let me hear your thoughts on the subject.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2 FREE on Steam
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-14 23:29:45 »
I just got this today. I have no life anymore.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-15 00:59:51 »
Would you be interested in meeting up for a couple of hours once a week with the other players on here? I will make and host a server and we could all decide how to set it up, what maps to play, hell we could probably play as FF chars on FF maps(I might just be crazy)

Jeff

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-15 01:08:37 »
Sure I'd be up to that.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-15 01:16:13 »
I got The Orange Box not too long after it came out, not at all disappointed. I also got it on PS3, because I'm stupid.

But I eventually lost interest; many of the newer weapons have broken the class system to the point of unrecognizability (with the right things equipped, the fastest class is now DEMOMAN instead of Scout... lame), and unless you play regularly it's impossible to predict how your opponents will screw you over with the latest poorly-conceived weapons. It's just pure chaos now.

I'll stick with my favorite VALVE game, and in fact my favorite game in general, Left 4 Dead 2.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-15 03:45:44 »
TF2 is dead, long live whatever comes to replace it.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-15 03:49:23 »
TF2 is dead, long live whatever comes to replace it.
I agree with this somewhat. Last time I played there were a lot more servers. CS:S is always active.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-15 12:09:26 »
I got The Orange Box not too long after it came out, not at all disappointed. I also got it on PS3, because I'm stupid.

But I eventually lost interest; many of the newer weapons have broken the class system to the point of unrecognizability (with the right things equipped, the fastest class is now DEMOMAN instead of Scout... lame), and unless you play regularly it's impossible to predict how your opponents will screw you over with the latest poorly-conceived weapons. It's just pure chaos now.

This is me too. TF2 can be fun, but it seems that the people that are on there are fifty times more experienced at it than I care to be. I haven't been big on multiplayer arena games since Goldeneye came out. I used to be real good at an old true 3D game called Descent, but it's been so long I'm sure I'd suck at it now too. At least I know that I suck at the third one.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-15 13:11:28 »
Would you be interested in meeting up for a couple of hours once a week with the other players on here? I will make and host a server and we could all decide how to set it up, what maps to play, hell we could probably play as FF chars on FF maps(I might just be crazy)

Jeff

> implying anyone plays anything other than 24/7 32-man 2fort.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-15 14:33:36 »
The free version has some limitations on weapons, etc does it not ?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-15 16:48:05 »
No limitations at all my friend. If anyone would be interested I will set up a server. Im sure noone here is "uber-good" at TF2 so we could all have plenty of fun, and we would be able to interact with each other besides for just on a text and picture forum.

I myself would be highly enthusiastic about this proposition, but it doesnt seem as if you guys feel the same.

If I can get 8 players to commit, Ill make a server for our first game.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-07-15 18:07:42 »
I'll play, Can only play on saturday for the next 3 weeks though.
I've never played TF2

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-15 22:05:41 »
My axtinguisher is quivering, and hard at the tip.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-07-16 00:32:54 »
I'll play anytime, always up for it.