Author Topic: You know what else grinds my gears?  (Read 18904 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: You know what else grinds my gears?
« Reply #50 on: 2010-05-01 03:15:22 »
I think he was good as the mad scientist character. Now they need someone else to fill that department.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-07-24 16:46:09 »
I AM NECROPOSTING BECAUSE I HAVE A VITALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THIS THREAD AND NECROPOSTING RULES ARE DIFFERENT IN COMPLETELY UNRELATED!

I have been vindicated in my claim that you can't compare fictional characters from fantasy or sci-fi because the rules are different in different universes! The greatest cartoonist in the history of the universe agrees with me!

Alternatively, he might read these forums and have presumed that I forgot about this ;D

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: 2010-07-24 17:34:12 »
I've been sad enough to make the exact case in an old, asinine 'Sephiroth vs Darth Vader' thread. There's no force in FF7 and no lifestream in the Star Wars universe, and as the two would work in contradictory ways, there's no hope of a 'battle ground' that would support either mechanic. Sephiroth's Jenova-body held together with manipulated lifestream and tape would fall apart, turning into a foamy mess, and Vader's armour, unsupported by the force, would topple him over. It'd be like watching a fight between a burst fire extinguisher and an anchor.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-07-24 18:03:34 »
I've been sad enough to make the exact case in an old, asinine 'Sephiroth vs Darth Vader' thread. There's no force in FF7 and no lifestream in the Star Wars universe, and as the two would work in contradictory ways, there's no hope of a 'battle ground' that would support either mechanic. Sephiroth's Jenova-body held together with manipulated lifestream and tape would fall apart, turning into a foamy mess, and Vader's armour, unsupported by the force, would topple him over. It'd be like watching a fight between a burst fire extinguisher and an anchor.
Vader wins!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGoCJPcfA1o

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-07-24 18:30:05 »
No, Sephiroth wins!

(Golbez is pretty much the closest thing to Darth Vader in Final Fantasy.)