Author Topic: ps3 firmware 3.50  (Read 6069 times)

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
ps3 firmware 3.50
« on: 2010-11-22 02:17:29 »
Does anyone on these forums know if firmware 3.50 has been jailbroken yet?

I keep fishing for an answer but cant find anything but fakes

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: ps3 firmware 3.50
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-22 02:26:10 »
It hasnt.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-24 11:26:18 »
Glad it wasn't. I'm all against hacking PS3.
Such activities only make Sony have less income thus making it harder for us PS3 owners.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-24 12:12:59 »
Such activities only make Sony have less income thus making it harder for us PS3 owners.

this is all sony's fault when you lock up your system and call it unbreakable, give people a means to run their code (albeit with limited access) and then take it away cause your afraid ppl will abuse it. this is what u get.. i hope that it becomes as hacked as the wii and the xbox them maybe these company's will stop wasting so much money on encryption and protection schemes that hurt the owners of the systems (drm..). once they realize that they can never win, perhaps i can finally buy a device and run MY code on it with out having to compromise my hardware or machines firmware by having to hack it. now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that this should be used to pirate games. i would just like to see more acceptance of homebrew code on systems.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-24 13:08:16 »
Yes once sony took away the Other os Installation function it pissed a lot of their customers off, I simply wanna hack it so maybe I could see if there is anything to help with the PSN copy of ff7, I'll be honest I don't have much skill but I know I should start at getting my ps3 hacked.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-24 13:38:10 »
Yes once sony took away the Other os Installation function it pissed a lot of their customers off

Q, USAF and their 2,500 PS3 cluster

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-24 19:45:28 »
I've got homebrew on my PS3, and it isn't costing them a dime. Even if I wanted to pirate, I simply don't have a fast enough connection for it, so my stuff is all legit.

I despise when folks assume that homebrew and piracy ALWAYS go together.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-24 20:12:52 »
Well some people claim to use "backups" but  once they do backup their games onto their hard drives or external drives, then they just go and sell the game back to gamestop, EBgames, etc. but your right its not always used for piracy, the homebrew apps are very useful, like the VNC apps on the wii that lets me view n control my computer on my tv, while the fusa gamepad hombrew lets my use my psp as a gampad on my computer to let me play it juust like the psx  :-P

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-25 14:03:45 »
Well some people claim to use "backups" but  once they do backup their games onto their hard drives or external drives, then they just go and sell the game back to gamestop, EBgames, etc. but your right its not always used for piracy, the homebrew apps are very useful, like the VNC apps on the wii that lets me view n control my computer on my tv, while the fusa gamepad hombrew lets my use my psp as a gampad on my computer to let me play it juust like the psx  :-P
that is indeed true for some people.

i also back up my game discs, but once i bought a game, i never sell it off. unless a game is just bad and not worth it.

thanks to game reviews and youtube, this happens rarely nowadays.

same here. there are situations where these two are separated, e.g. on newest psp models with HBL, where you can only run homebrew.

but in general it's the piracy-enabling solutions that sell, not the homebrew ones.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-25 14:05:59 by yoshi314 »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-28 21:45:33 »

I'm don't put it together.
It's just, people like to get games for free (piracy) but they forget they are making the owners lose money. If they lose money they aren't able to develop games/make exclusive games to make the platform profit. They don't make games, people don't buy console, they cancel the project.

Then people go like "Oh sh**, i paid 500€ for my ps3 and they f***ing shut down!", guess what if you didnt get pirate games, you would be helping to continue with PS3.

I got most of my games for ~15€, that's really not much for games these days, when you think a game comes out for 70€.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-11-29 01:46:08 »
Well in case anyone is interested they are making a ps3 downgrade to downgrade fw from 3.50 to 3.41 (hackable fw) but so far any free version just needs the master key