Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 468221 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.4)
« Reply #525 on: 2016-02-14 22:50:39 »
Remember that Makou "find all addresses" is only true of field.  It cannot find ones read/written to by world map and other modules (which is why I made mine).

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2016-02-15 14:30:42 »
DLPB: Regarding your spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u3oNeD2-D8_Js0FhV1nybMBAbzGKD5XUpg2_SdKZ4ik/edit#gid=867617175

You have a column called "Use". For the benefit of sithlord and myself and others, can you let us know (perhaps add a tab!) the meaning of the different letters? Something like:
  • F=Field
  • W=WorldMap
  • B=Battle
  • M=? (Minigame?)
  • U=? (Menu?)
  • H=? (Kernel?)
  • (any others)=?

Also, how are you determining the address usages? I'm assuming for Field you're using Makou Reactor, but what about WorldMap and the other modules? Are you using a tool that does reverse assembly? (And if so, which tool, and is it for PSX or PC version?)
« Last Edit: 2016-02-15 14:32:27 by picklejar »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2016-02-15 19:16:33 »
The world map etc all use the Savemap.  The savemap there is the main 5 banks.  Don't think of the savemap as that crappy "1/2" and "7/15" nonsense.  That's just how the field code writes/reads.  It's just 5 blocks, each 256 bytes.

I can't remember my own key :P

M is minigame.

U is Menu... I think. Although I have no idea why U.

H is probably Hardcoded.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2016-02-15 21:37:18 »
(You can't use M for Menu because you're already using M for Minigame, so that's why you're using U for Menu.)

The last thing I was trying to ask you was, how do you know which addresses the WorldMap uses? Is it just based on your intuition/understanding, or are you using some tool?

I just discovered that we have a Wiki page that describes the WorldMap opcodes (and the WorldMap Module in general), but did Tonberry or Ficedula or anybody ever create a tool that actually uses this? I tried Makou Reactor, but it doesn't seem to work, at least not when I try 1.6.5 against the PC version of the worldmap files.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2016-02-15 21:43:12 »
Aali worked out exactly which ones world map uses, and I added them to it.  Ochu would tell you what they are all doing too, if you have time:)  That document is complete in terms of what is used or unused.  At least I think so.

Nobody has created a tool to edit the World Map script.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2016-02-15 22:17:07 »
Okay, just wanted to make sure nobody has created a tool before re-inventing the wheel. I'm kinda thinking about writing a tool to read the WorldMap script and export the data/opcodes. Might be a nice way to confirm the data that you have. (I'm guessing this is essentially what Aali did.)

BTW, I just discovered that Ficedula created a tool called Reeve (never saw it on this forum, but found it on this Ficedula programs mirror page) that is able to open a FF7 world map file and display it in 3D, similar to what you would see in-game. It even lets you fly around and navigate using the mouse. Pretty slick. The textures looks pretty good with the main world map. It can even open the other 2 maps (underwater map and snowfield map) but doesn't look quite as good. Nice program, but it doesn't do anything with the WorldMap script.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2016-02-15 22:19:30 »
Hmm, I just found a tool to dump WorldMap script, maybe I'll just try this:
https://github.com/cebix/ff7tools/blob/master/worldinfo

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #532 on: 2016-02-16 08:04:36 »
I think this tool dump texts and update text references in WM scripts. I can plan to integrate WM scripts and texts in Makou Reactor, that will be not so complicated.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.5)
« Reply #533 on: 2016-02-16 12:53:15 »
Yes, please do it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2016-02-16 20:32:53 »
WM Scripts would be pretty hype.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2016-02-17 20:03:12 »
Myst6re:

When I change model animation text (to say CCDD.chi - bad example), it is not saved.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #536 on: 2016-02-17 20:18:00 »
I created a new issue here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2016-02-18 03:09:00 »
Thanks.

And does anyone know how Game Over works?  I see that it's only ever set from field once...  when Bombing Mission fails.  But where is the music being set?  It isn't in the music list.  When I try to add my own Game Over (for Weapon)  - there is no Game Over music.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2016-02-18 23:25:38 »
I just wanted to say, that I DLoaded Makou Reactor a few months back, and it really has helped me tremendously with my walkthrough in so many ways, I use MR pretty much on a daily basis. I've been able to prove/disprove certain common mis-conceptions, such as how the Huge Materia is distributed; the obscure Potion in Sector 7, and its counter-part in Junon which shares the same flag; and the fact that Bahamut ZERO is permanently missable, as the box will give you nothing if you have obtained the Huge Blue Materia (which is news to me), amongst many other things. MR is the most exciting thing to happen to my guide, and it will really help me to make it as accurate as is possible (for field scripting, that is, Proud Clod is my second favorite  ;)), and you have been duly credited in the Special Thanks section Myst6re.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask, on the screenshot in your first post, I can see that you have the option to add and remove field models, as well as resize them. I however cannot, and it would really help me if I were able to, as I'm trying to create a precise map of Bone Village (excluding dig spot 8, as it's never used), and the blue orbs that are already in place would be perfect as a starting ground. I'd like to then try place a 3D model if a black line (if there is one) over the three lines of the triangle ID of the dig spots. The other option off course would be for me would be to overlap the bonevil2 map with the walkmesh, whilst highlighting the triangle ID of a particular dig spot in photoshop...

Yet another idea would be to create separate var names for individual bits, so that we could show something like "if (BITSET $HiPotion_mds7st1_PickedUp) ..."

I'm currently in the process of doing just that, however character space limitation means that I have to abbreviate each bit as a 3 character reference.
Check out this screenshot to get an idea of what I mean.
What's really cool is the fact that I can use the other memory bank to store a note against the variable itself; only the initial "bit legend" is shown in the scripts (and not the note nor the address).
So, in variable [1][134] (Junon, Icicle Inn and Gaea's Cliff events - 0x0C2A), the script would just appear as:

Bit 0 ON in $E 0~RDT 1~SGM 2~SSS 3~Shv 4~BCS 5~CIM 6~PBC 7~PAC

I have a separate Read Me file that contains the Bit legend. So, Bit 0, "RDT" means "Run Down Town" when Cloud first enters Junon. "SGM" means "Steal Glacier Map", "SSS" means "Screen Shakes, then Schizo fight". You get the picture.

I plan to spend time with every single bit of every single byte, to completely map out the Variable Manager in this way. Once I've finished, I plan to create my own savemap, and stick it in my guide. Memory Bank 5 & 6 are no-go areas, as they are "temporary" variables, and are used frequently in most scripts for a million different things. I do however plan to add a section to the Read Me file in which I note the use of every single variable from 5 & 6, map by map. Don't expect this to be done anytime soon...
« Last Edit: 2016-02-18 23:27:57 by DynamixDJ »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2016-02-19 04:26:57 »
Oh ok...  "over2" is game over and is there.

Still... I can't understand how Bombing Mission sets this music.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2016-02-19 20:30:03 »
Ah! I've just figured out how to add/remove field IDs - by loading up the flevel.lgp file with the Steam version, as opposed to the image file of the NTSC PSX version that I have. I can now work on my Bone Village map.

I need to ask someone a favour. Does anyone have an end game save file for the Steam version that they don't mind sharing? I don't have time to play myself just yet, for very justifiable reasons (I don't play FFVII recreationally anymore, and I don't think I'll ever be able to again... it's all testing now, and I'm currently mad busy with my guide). Obviously I don't want to create a save via from Black Chocobo, as it would probably be quicker to just play the game than it would be to figure out and set all of the variables correctly.

It doesn't need to be an end-game save file, just a file in which I have the Highwind in is good enough. If at all possible, a save file in which yuffie hasn't been recruited would be ideal, as there are a million and one Yuffie Warping tests that I wish to conduct.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2016-02-19 20:38:48 »
Use Ochu.  It has save state capability and some are there preloaded.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2016-02-19 21:21:30 »
Mystere:

Other small bug.  When adding text and assigning them, the text is still marked as unused until you reload flevel.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #543 on: 2016-02-19 21:53:56 »
Ok, fixed. Thank!

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #544 on: 2016-02-20 03:17:32 »
Hi guys, I managed this with map2obj converter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyjSLkKok4

I Only need to edit the gateway in kalm for match with the new coordinates. I need to replace wm1(2) values to the new coordinates.

Would be possible change the value in the sourcecode of makou?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2016-02-20 03:24:25 »
Is 1.6.5 one fixed now or should I go with 1.6.4 that the topic says the version is at?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #546 on: 2016-02-20 09:49:03 »
Would be possible change the value in the sourcecode of makou?

If you want to make modifications of makou, you can clone the repo on github and create a pull request.

Is 1.6.5 one fixed now or should I go with 1.6.4 that the topic says the version is at?

The last downloadable version on github or sourceforge is the best. Don't follow this topic title in case I forget to update it.

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #547 on: 2016-02-20 11:23:37 »
If you want to make modifications of makou, you can clone the repo on github and create a pull request.

Ok but I need help, please. Where are the coordinate values for wm1?
« Last Edit: 2016-02-20 11:25:36 by jusete »

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2016-02-20 13:52:47 »
I'm having trouble assigning an ID to a field model. I am trying to insert DJFA.HRC, which is an unused field model within "mds6_1":

When I try to use this field model in "bonevil2", the game just crashes when I jump to that map. I can't see where to assign a field ID # to this field model. I would like to use it to create triangles to show the exact triangle IDs used as dig spots.

The other alternative would be to use the green/red lines that are used as gateways. Is there any way to make these lines visible?

Oh, and DLPB. Ochu is great, it's just what I needed

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #549 on: 2016-02-20 14:19:40 »
Ok but I need help, please. Where are the coordinate values for wm1?

I guess coordinates are stored in the worldmap lgp file, in field.tbl file.