Author Topic: Immortal - Sephiroth Patch  (Read 6838 times)

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
Immortal - Sephiroth Patch
« on: 2003-07-29 20:06:06 »
Hello again ^^

I decided to play FF7 again, and as always, with the Seph-Patch.
AFAIR, The SaiNt, you made an "upgraded" version after some discussions with me on that topic..
And I don't seem to have it... Would you be nice enough?

I can't find my ultra-wonderful version with full Sephiroth with LB's (although Cloud-Acting) -- lost the CD (*again*)...

Vejita666

« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-29 20:25:39 »
I never heard about that patch. Does it change Cloud's skin or adds Sephiroth to your party? And if it adds him can you control him?

Anyway, please give me a link to this patch :)

Ged

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-29 20:34:26 »
Well, the patch exchanges Cloud with Sephiroth, and the other way. C'ept with the basic patch, Sephiroth has only one LB, and has severe problems with things like item usage, dying etc.
[ http://www.geocities.com/ff7planet2002/spatchFF7PC.zip - for non Riva card's, I can't find the TNT one on the net ]

The second version, not released to the public, and will not be - it changes the field model, and in the battle model it keeps Cloud's skeleton, but the parts and tex's are changed - so it's a Sephiroth who moves like Cloud -- even in the Omnislash.

Mofokubik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-30 01:43:41 »
I used it before a long time ago. Just changed the models of cloud to seph, it didnt have any side effects that i knew of... I had to patch it with the snes rom patcher...

Ged

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-30 05:59:51 »
The downside was the LB's, and animations that were not made for Sephiroth - like getting hurt, dead, etc. Pitty :(

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #5 on: 2003-09-23 22:14:13 »
It's cool to play as Sephy anyway :wink: I am like Cloud.Sephiroth is my role-model. :wicked:

Few Q's
« Reply #6 on: 2003-09-23 23:43:51 »
I think the patch is cool...Ive still yet to see any of the undone actions. Theres one problem that really bugs me though....there is no music at all...There are sound effects like when I move the arrow on the menu and battle attacks. But there is no music or battle music at all....hmm..can anybody help me with that. And also, how do I uninstall this patch for it to become normal again? I backed up ff7.exe and char.lbg just incase. Thanks

btw....someone should release that OTHER cloud->Seph patch...cmon this game is old and not many people have it...it wouldnt hurt to release it.

deep dive

« Reply #7 on: 2003-09-28 14:53:48 »
is there another website?? i am searching day and night for the mod and the site above is dead

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #8 on: 2003-10-12 02:55:49 »
Damn, I have one for TNT here, but I've forgotten where I got it. It's supposed to be:

-Play as Sephiroth chasing a Jenova-infested Cloud across the world.
-A must-have for Sephiroth fans!
-Made by EmperorSteele.
-Compatible with FF7 PC TNT & Nvidia.

And that's all in the readme.  -_-

« Reply #9 on: 2003-10-13 01:09:25 »
Emperor Steele made it?! I know him. He's cool. Here's his site: http://www.ff7-universe.com/

The patch is in the download section. Thanks for jogging my memory.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-01-18 07:58:59 »
WOAAHHH nelly.

Lucky i stumbled across this.

I did NOT, i repeat, did NOT make that patch!  I simply found it and distributed it.  I never meant to imply that I made it!

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but i wanted to clear that up =o_o=

Oh, and hi, I'm new here ^_^

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-01-18 18:30:47 »
Lol :lol: nice introduction
i like the icons at the top of ur site

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #12 on: 2004-01-21 10:48:09 »
Hi!

I tried the patch with the 1.02 patched FF7.exe and the only thing that was changed was the field model. Everything else was the same...  :-?

Anyway... why won't the other patch be released?  :-?

xeriouxi.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-01-23 06:52:02 »
Well, the sephy patch isnt meant to work with other patches, and i think there may be conflicting data or something.. ::shrugs::

obviously, the movies wont be replaced, but in battle you should see a change, too.. wierd.

« Reply #14 on: 2004-03-13 02:13:45 »
Yeah, ok, I *thought* you hadn't made it. I think the guy's name is in the readme that comes with the file. Anyway, all the Sephiroth patch does is swap the Sephiroth/Cloud data in char.lgp and switch all text instances of Sephiroth<->Cloud. That's it.

I don't know why The SaiNt doesn't want to release his improved version (swaps the battle models), but he doesn't.

EDIT: sorry for resurrecting an old topic. >_<

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2004-04-13 18:58:05 »
Because I had a HDD crash and everything was lost before I could release it.
To restore it I would have to look through my archive of ICQ logs (provided it's still there) and remake it.
So it's not likely to be out till I get some free time.

And yes about the TNT version of the Sephiroth patch. I did make an initial version of it and distributed it for a while (based on the original patch), so I'm not sure if you guys are talking about that version.