Author Topic: AC Nero's custom start menu.  (Read 108876 times)

Lilmookman

• View Profile
Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars & start menu
« Reply #100 on: 2009-12-24 00:12:51 »
Can somebody explain to me why I can't get the fullscreen start menu image into the game? See that line to the left of the 'New Game'....well that's all it does. I do have Aali's driver v7.3b and the Avalanche patch installed. I tried putting the PNG file directly inside the textures folder and inside this directory (Final Fantasy VII\textures\WMRP\menu) and I still get this image. Another image I would sometimes get is a lot of numbers and letters above the 'New Game'. I placed the .TEX file inside menu.us and packed it back up. Is there anything I'm missing?

which team avalanche patch are your refering too? Did the custom start screen from the TA patch appear before you changed anything? If it didn't appear, you installed something wrong or the archive was somehow corrupted. All you need to do is overwrite the original buster.tex in world_us.lgp, and place an image in {ff7 root}/textures/WMRP/menu.
It's super easy so i would double check your install, and make sure you ran the .reg file that comes with Aali's driver again.

im referring to the avalanche installer. Nope, no the original screen appeared after installing the TA patch. So I need to place the buster.tex inside the world_us.lgp because I got mine in the menu_us.lgp.

well here's another pic of those letters and numbers.

Lilmookman

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009-12-24 00:17:31 »
Oops, sorry messed up on that last post!!!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #102 on: 2009-12-24 01:52:01 »
Why do you have an ad at the bottom of your Start Menu?

iwuzhere9

« Reply #103 on: 2009-12-24 06:23:44 »
My laptop crashed thanks to overheating while watching ACC and I lost the original files, could someone please repost them for me? (Funny, the one time I back something up and I still manage to lose it)
Great mod, I tried it and loved it, but it just doesn't give the same feel as having the real deal up there

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009-12-24 11:39:45 »
if by original files you mean mod files, download them here on qhimm, if you mean game files from the original game. sorry you may have to reinstall as i believe sharing those is against the rules.. if you mean the entire game.

That is illegal, so no.

iwuzhere9

« Reply #105 on: 2009-12-24 18:30:01 »
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying that. I guess I will get to reinstalling then...

Lilmookman

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009-12-24 20:08:09 »
I was trying to hurry up and post that picture and messed up using imageshack.com. Don't worry, I don't have that ad in game. That's funny though because I wondered that same thing when I posted it.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #107 on: 2009-12-24 21:20:09 »
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.
I don't want others to get the impression that you're "botting" or anything like that lol.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009-12-25 04:35:34 »
I was trying to hurry up and post that picture and messed up using imageshack.com. Don't worry, I don't have that ad in game. That's funny though because I wondered that same thing when I posted it.
I should add an ad to my picture. A fake ad of sorts, maybe a text ad for LOVELESS or some other in-game event or product.

"BU.y CHEAPP P0TOINS, JUST LIKE BRAN_D NAME, YOUR FRIENDS CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE"
Advertising by Google
« Last Edit: 2009-12-25 22:31:40 by Covarr »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #109 on: 2009-12-25 04:41:51 »
[/size][/size]
I should add an ad to my picture. A fake ad of sorts, maybe a text ad for LOVELESS or some other in-game event or product.

"BU.y CHEAPP P0TOINS, JUST LIKE BRAN_D NAME, YOUR FRIENDS CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE"
Advertising by Google
I don't get it.  :|

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009-12-25 11:01:29 »
eww... potoins... those things taste nasty and only heal one HP...

while i would have to pay with an arm and leg for a potion, which actually heals a USEFUL amount, if i used a potoin, then once i entered the fray, i'd be paying with an arm, a leg, an eyeball, and possibly some vital parts of a living being, not to mention the likely vomiting that comes after every ingested potoin :|.

i shall stick with the fairly decent tasting potions, you horribly written add, you  :x.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-02-27 06:04:52 »
Ok, I'm sorry if this is considered necroposting, but I have this really strange problem that I can't figure out what's wrong. For some reason, whenever I try to add this into the menu_us.lgp the tex files look really weird. Like they were blown up, and the pixels were spread out to fill the empty space. Idk it's really weird. but since i've been having trouble with this, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a tut to make my own avatars?

This is what it looks like, every time, no matter how many times i redownload and redo it:

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010-03-25 17:24:45 »
Hi nero nice work with the menu,
I am using a 22" LCD screen. running ff7 in 1680x1050. Your start screen. It is to small for this resolution so I was wondering if there is a bigger one?

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
AC Nero's custom start menu.
« Reply #113 on: 2010-06-11 04:10:55 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9141.0
I found these custom starts menu some days ago and I installed succesfully the avatars but I'm having some problems with the start menu.

I followed every step that appeared there, I copied the buster_00.png file to texture's folder and reeplaced the buster.tex in menu_us.lgp.

And when I launch Final Fantasy VII it appears this error:
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
ERROR: Texture could not be compressed
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE

After re-doing all the steps and trying it in a fresh installation of FF7, it didn't worked and the screen it was still being in a grey color. Here's a little snapshot showing the screen:

Apart of it I thought that if Aali's Custom Driver compresses the textures and saves them in cache folder. If there was a way to compress the textures manually in .ctx, so maybe it could be a way to skip the "ERROR: Textures could not be compressed" error.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: AC Nero's custom start menu.
« Reply #114 on: 2010-06-11 04:12:40 »
Turn off the cache and see if that works.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-06-11 04:21:58 »
Well that's definitely a new problem.  If what SL said doesn't work, upgrade your graphics card drivers.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010-06-11 04:23:15 »
Turn off the cache and see if that works.

I turned off the cache and it keeps showing the same error and as an extra I deleted the files stored in cache folder since it says 'deleting anything from the cache will cause that file to be recreated from the source' and it was the same thing.

Well that's definitely a new problem.  If what SL said doesn't work, upgrade your graphics card drivers.

I'm gonna try that too, since some days ago I wanted to see if there it were some new drivers for my graphics card.

EDIT: Well I upgraded my graphics card drivers and it keeps appearing the same error.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-11 04:47:16 by Takeru »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010-06-11 05:58:25 »
Ok, well try this then, put the .png you want to use directly in the textures folder.  Don't put it in any subfolder.

Also, it's really strange that the directory it's looking for has two slashes.. Final Fantasy VII\/textures.

If THAT doesn't work, my only idea left is to completely reinstall your OS, or get a new computer :/

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010-06-11 06:06:58 »
Ok, well try this then, put the .png you want to use directly in the textures folder.  Don't put it in any subfolder.

As far as I know if I do that in the .tex file it should have "EXTbuster" (it is added in the .tex file in the pack that I downloaded and It didn't worked) so, I decieded to change it to "EXTWMPR/menu/buster" and it keeps showing the "GL_INVALID_VALUE" error.

Also, it's really strange that the directory it's looking for has two slashes.. Final Fantasy VII\/textures.

The "/" are from the part of the "EXTxxx/xxxx/xxx" in the texture file. I watched in others .tex files that were already patched and then copy the link correctly.

If THAT doesn't work, my only idea left is to completely reinstall your OS, or get a new computer :/

I will try it in Windows XP Pro. or I will have to work for the rest of my life to get a new computer again  :P

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-06-11 09:43:19 »
Please post your full app.log.
Most likely your card does not support NPOT textures and the .png in question was not made with this in mind.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010-06-11 17:01:17 »
Please post your full app.log.
Most likely your card does not support NPOT textures and the .png in question was not made with this in mind.

Here's the full app.log Aali.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel 945GM 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; wmv3/null 320x224, 14.999925 FPS, duration: 3.333350, frames: 50
INFO: slow output format from video codec wmv3; 0
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; wmv3/null 320x224, 14.999925 FPS, duration: 3.333350, frames: 50
INFO: slow output format from video codec wmv3; 0
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI play: 95
reading midi file: PRE.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
MIDI stop - OK
resetting MIDI driver volume - OK
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010-06-11 22:04:40 »
I was not entirely correct, but it is indeed related to the size of the image. The problem is that the source image is 819 pixels wide, which is not a multiple of two and thus not trivially reduced in size by 2x2 (that's what happens with the most common texture compression scheme). This makes your intel driver very sad. Try to find an update for it, if none is available I guess you could work around it by adding a row of dummy pixels to make the image 820 wide. It's a shame the driver doesn't handle this gracefully and reverts to using uncompressed textures, I will try to fix this shortcoming.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010-06-11 22:57:04 »
I guess you could work around it by adding a row of dummy pixels to make the image 820 wide.

Could ya explain that a little bit detailed? @.@ I didn't get it... sorry.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010-06-11 23:20:50 »
Just open the file in any image editing application and make it one pixel wider.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010-06-11 23:38:59 »
Just open the file in any image editing application and make it one pixel wider.

Ok, I just tried it and it didn't worked. It continues showing the grey screen @.@

Code: [Select]
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!

All the rest of the app.log appears like in the other one, only that it's not showing the
'INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit' Info Message.