Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079011 times)

ESPerion

• View Profile
Re: [Release] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.3
« Reply #900 on: 2011-03-29 17:43:20 »
this is a very promising mod to me. lol why promising? cuz i can't seem to get it to work properly. after patching up everything, now enemies appear where they aren't supposed to. like 3rd form Hojo instead of safer sephiroth. and ancient forest monsters appearing in the northern crater. gold dragon encounter crashes every single time. etc. but when i open scene.bin with hojo, all the monsters are setup to appear where they should. so did i do something wrong?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #901 on: 2011-03-29 21:15:12 »
I apologize in advance if this is incorrect advice.

Have you tried opening the scene.bin in Hojo or PrC and 'Checking' or 'Updating' the Kernel.bin? 

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #902 on: 2011-03-30 07:38:10 »
this is a very promising mod to me. lol why promising? cuz i can't seem to get it to work properly. after patching up everything, now enemies appear where they aren't supposed to. like 3rd form Hojo instead of safer sephiroth. and ancient forest monsters appearing in the northern crater. gold dragon encounter crashes every single time. etc. but when i open scene.bin with hojo, all the monsters are setup to appear where they should. so did i do something wrong?

Hmmm.... No there are no errors in the patch. How exactly did you do it?

The kernel should update correctly no matter what... Did you mess with the scene after the patch?

If it's still not working do what xLostWingx suggested.
If you use windows7 or vista you may need to run the patch in admin mode. UAC may also be a problem. It shouldn't be though...

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2011-03-30 10:39:11 »
thnx for the quick reply :D
i did the kernel update in hojo (admin mode - win7), still no go. i only messed with kernel.bin in wallmarket beforehand n didn't touch scene.bin so i wonder what could have gone wrong... technically i don't need to have virgin scene & kernel BINs to use the patch right? the enemies all show in hojo & PrC, so scene.bin should be ok.. and kernel according to my understanding dont really matter if i just want the extra enemies and bosses right? oh and what is UAC :-s

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2011-03-30 10:42:53 »
Well, you should re-apply the patch without messing with the kernel.bin or else. This should work.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #905 on: 2011-03-30 11:34:54 »
thnx for the quick reply :D
i did the kernel update in hojo (admin mode - win7), still no go. i only messed with kernel.bin in wallmarket beforehand n didn't touch scene.bin so i wonder what could have gone wrong... technically i don't need to have virgin scene & kernel BINs to use the patch right? the enemies all show in hojo & PrC, so scene.bin should be ok.. and kernel according to my understanding dont really matter if i just want the extra enemies and bosses right? oh and what is UAC :-s

UAC: User account control. In windows security center you can toogle on/off.
It should work on a non-virgin (lol) kernel, yes. You could try to patch virgin files to see if it works as it should.

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2011-03-30 13:34:44 »
this's too strange. scene.bin has the proper patched data, but the "patched" kernel show old unpatched data in wallmarket after every single patching effort. but technically kernel.bin doesn't need to be patched to enjoy the mod right? sorry if this's becoming tedious to you guys =.,=

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2011-03-30 21:15:45 »
Well, you could always put back an original kernel and choose to just patch this.

EDIT : Don't forget to apply kernel2.bin patch!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #908 on: 2011-03-31 03:12:08 »
@ESPerion

Are flevel.lgp and  battle.lgp patched? Are UAC on? How to turn it off in windows 7! The parch should also run as admin.
You can copy data directly from the install disc if you want the original files. They're inside the data folder.

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2011-03-31 11:15:58 »
i turned off UAC, patched everything again, but kernel.bin still appear to be unaffected while scene.bin is definitely changed. aside from finding a patched scene.bin and kernel.bin somewhere i'll be missing out on this damn nice hardcore experience. oh well :p thnx guys! oh yeah and omega is jux insane xD

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2011-03-31 22:27:18 »
Try patching kernel2.bin!!! This might be the problem. I can upload mines if you want to.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #911 on: 2011-04-01 09:39:06 »
If you can't, for example, use the Master Magic materia in game the kernel is patched.

You sure the kernel checkbox is checked when patching?

Try what Vgr255 suggested. Make a backup of kernel2 1st.

If not...
Try this:
Create folder in C: (root) name it data. Inside that folder create a kernel and a battle folder. In the kernel folder insert kernel.bin and kernel2.bin. In the battle folder insert scene.bin. It doesn't matter what file version you use, the patch should work no matter what.
In the patch app, choose the newly created data folder and only patch kernel and kernel2. If this doesn't work try another location, i.e the desktop (copy paste the data folder). Make sure you select that folder before patching.
If all went well, simply copy paste the kernel back to it's intended location.
If not, let me know.

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2011-04-04 18:41:37 »
Sorry if this has been answered before but I get the error message when I try to patch:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\battle\scene.bin' is denied.

It also happens for the other two .bins that require patching.

I have Aali's driver and FF7music installed, do these affect the patch?

Thanks.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 2011-04-04 21:02:45 »
No, just uncheck the "Read Only" flag under "Properties" of these files.

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2011-04-04 21:04:36 »
No, just uncheck the "Read Only" flag under "Properties" of these files.

I did that and it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #915 on: 2011-04-05 14:40:43 »
I did that and it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

... Are UAC on? How to turn it off in windows 7! The parch should also run as admin...

Turn off UAC, run in admin and whatnot.
It seems some people have trouble patching. I'll look into it and will probably make another release.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2011-04-05 21:14:43 »
Well, it could help for some others, but I sent him my kernels and scenes by PM. I told him to not say it because I want to avoid trouble, but I realizes these files aren't copyrighted too much, so...

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 2011-04-12 22:52:43 »
Hi everyone! I found a possible issue when I patch the kernel of this version 1.03 now Sephiroth isn't controllable in the flashback. I did it with a "virgin" kernel too and the result was the same. Did I do something wrong? Thanks

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 2011-04-13 00:06:53 »
haven't played the flashback in quite a while but if I remember correctly, I don't think Sephiroth is supposed to be controllable in the vanilla game.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 2011-04-13 00:08:31 »
Is everything else OK?

terrabrake

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 2011-04-13 01:46:39 »
I also remember that Sephiroth isn't controllable at all. Not totally sure since last time I played the vanilla game was several years ago.

However I'm playing with this mod now and I must say that is great. I don't agree with the ones that say it's too easy, I think it's just perfect. At the moment my first encounter with Jenova ended up with a quick slaughter, obviously it was my team that was slaughtered :P

I had a lot of fun trying to beat the "new SOLDIERs" in the Shinra HQ, without grinding (I took about 10 attemps to beat those fools :D ). However I think Jenova is a lot stronger and I'm doing normal battles to see if enemies give some usefull items (and to raise my level too).

No bugs or glitches found so far. Well tbh only one, after having been beaten by the above mentioned soldiers the game over screen often didn't appear and I had to cntr-alt-del to exit the game. A very minor issue anyway. Great mod.

Only a question, are Ruby and Emerald supposed to be still the hardest battles in the game? I had a quick look at Sephiroth stats (the final battles) and now he seems really the "god" he was supposed to be :P
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 01:49:38 by terrabrake »

AlbusJC

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2011-04-13 09:39:05 »
If someone want to test what I mean here is the file. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=POZZQ892
Load the save number 6 and select one of the two files in the end. The location is in the first reactor in the bombing mission.
The kernel.bin patched with hardcore versión 1.02 have a fully control of Sephiroth. The new versión 1.03 haven't got this control. Do a backup before to overwrite your original kernel.bin file by one of mine.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 09:46:25 by AlbusJC »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2011-04-13 21:20:15 »
Damn, that's right. Gjoerulv forgot to remove AI script. You can do it by yourself. Here's how :

1 - Open the hardcore mod kernel with Wall Market;
2 - Go to Initial Data tab, then Character AI one;
3 - Go to Sephiroth and "Pre-Battle" and press the "Delete" button;
4 - Do the same as step 3 but for Main instead;
5 - Save and exit.

That's it! Sephiroth will be controllable!

AlbusJC

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 2011-04-13 22:58:01 »
It is now fixed. Thank you very much for your help Vgr255.  :-)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 2011-04-13 23:13:19 »
You're welcome. I sent a PM to Gjoerulv a long ago to ask how he did and he answered me that (although I made it more "n00b proof" because he just wrote :

Delete Sephiroth's AI.