Author Topic: [PSX/PC] File Reconstruction Project!!  (Read 95868 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
[PSX/PC] File Reconstruction Project!!
« on: 2009-08-21 10:29:42 »
Ok, here's how this works....
I created a publicly accessible spreadsheet that anyone can edit. The idea is to ID every last of the 3009 files that make up FF7. What I have done is I dumped all three disks, combined them, and put them in such a way that you can label what file is what and also the contents. You can also add links to the wiki for the proper format. More than one person can also edit the file at the same time.

Why am I doing this?

Well, I tired of all the loose files describing what goes to who for example, aacd.hrc is what? Enemy024.lzs is what? Once we can ID the graphic assets, we can then flag off any that need improvement. How's that for a plan. It also gives any enterprising hackers out there who can't program very well a project to do! (I know, stroke of genius!)

I just started with a bare file list for now, the PC data isn't in it yet, but some enterprising soul can add that.

If you want to view the document you can click...
here

To gain access, PM Lazy Bastard he took over the project

« Last Edit: 2018-04-24 18:31:36 by Covarr »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 File Reconstruction Project!!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-21 15:09:48 »
So if i understand correctly this is a database of what file does what?

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-22 19:43:53 »
No one has a PC version of the game they can compare LGP files with?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-22 19:46:18 »
i have both the pc and psx versions, i will have to take a look at some point, but school comes first (and finals for this section are coming up... yes i have school all year long now, since it is online), so it may not be that soon :\.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-23 22:25:13 »
Maybe you should lock this topic Halkun, your good at that, nobody seems interested in this 'idea'

Decayrate

• I will be in my LABORATORY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-23 22:43:15 »
Maybe you should lock this topic Halkun, your good at that, nobody seems interested in this 'idea'

It's so compelling right?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-23 23:08:22 »
I imagine this to be useful for other modders. :-)

I agree im gonna fill the enemy models in for the PSX version.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-23 23:15:55 »
If somebody wishes to modify the document for the pc version i can fill in some stuff

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-23 23:20:06 »
You can mod it yourself, you can also edit while other are editing (That's pretty cool! I didn't know that!)

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-23 23:33:12 »
You can mod it yourself, you can also edit while other are editing (That's pretty cool! I didn't know that!)

Yeah and i can see exactly what your editing, pretty sweet!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-23 23:43:22 »

I know i can mod it myself. But i have another project i am working on right now. Thats why i was suggesting someone with a bit more free time could do it and then i would add in the information i have gathered

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-24 00:17:29 »
Sorry if the questions are stupid but what do we need to put in for the PC version? the folders/files inside the cds? the folder/files of the installed game? also just lgps or the files inside them?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-24 00:19:20 »
All of it i think. Clarify with halkun though

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 2009-08-24 08:09:50 »
ABout the PC data, I'm thinking something like listing the lgp it's in, then a colon, and the files that make up the equivalent data.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-08-24 15:19:08 »
I added the pc model codes for the enemy models listed thus far

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-24 15:19:46 »
I've just attempted to create the PC list, it's at the end of the spread sheet, I've put all the files you find in the installed game folder (someone please check the originals of the main folder since i'm not sure if I missed a few) and didn't put yet the extracted lgp files because i don't know what will be better: I've put some examples of what can be done, the first one is the files just after the lgp listing and the other is a separate list at the end of the sheet. Also I added a dash to mark them as extracted files, maybe changing the colour or something would be better or maybe leaving them as they are, you say what's better :P

edit: whops just realized that there are more sheets in the spreadsheet ^^' should i put the pc files in a separate one instead of being under the psx one?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 17:39:17 by Eslava »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-08-24 17:40:38 »
probably

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-08-25 02:09:20 »
Rawr my eyes, all I see now is lgps everywhere! anyways I've updated the spreadsheet with almost all the lesser lgps files, i have put them in a sheet apart because there are too many and would be a mess for anyone trying to just see the original files. I need some rest now...

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-08-25 02:17:59 »
MXster, halkun is only doing his job on these forums. you can either have the threads locked, or get slapped with a lawsuit.

said lawsuit could close all of qhimm alone. so would you rather cut off a finger or lose the entire hand?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-08-25 02:26:58 »
MXster, halkun is only doing his job on these forums. you can either have the threads locked, or get slapped with a lawsuit.

said lawsuit could close all of qhimm alone. so would you rather cut off a finger or lose the entire hand?
Ok, I'm going to try and help you out one more time...
If everyone else is ignoring a "mean" / "trolling" post, please follow suite and do the same.  You will accomplish nothing by responding to it.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-08-25 02:38:26 »
well i really didn't see it as trolling.  :|

more like ranting to me if there's any real distinction between the two

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 2009-08-25 07:29:47 »
I don't know, I ignored him :P

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-08-25 13:39:39 »

I know what your saying, I just feel that qhimm was 'More Fun' when there were topics about ripping models, I mean we're not supposed to put screen shots of ripped models up anymore, we can't even ask for help with editing psp versions of the game  :|

If everyone else is ignoring a "mean" / "trolling" post, please follow suite and do the same.  You will accomplish nothing by responding to it.

and don't pretend that its just me that feels this way, when the rule changed alot of people complained...

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-08-25 16:03:42 »
I enjoyed reading all those old ripping tutorials, so I know what you mean, but those are the rules, we all have to acept them  :wink:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-08-25 16:06:13 »

I know what your saying, I just feel that qhimm was 'More Fun' when there were topics about ripping models, I mean we're not supposed to put screen shots of ripped models up anymore, we can't even ask for help with editing psp versions of the game  :|

and don't pretend that its just me that feels this way, when the rule changed alot of people complained...

If you had the choice of no ripping talk or tutorials, or no qhimm what would you choose?