Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2432577 times)

soratheultima

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2175 on: 2014-04-19 19:04:57 »
Thanks for the help! it works now  :D

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2014-04-20 00:48:34 »
hi, any luck with fixing Yuffie's encounter glitch? or the other things I mentioned?

such as Dio having no body, and Aeris revival not working?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2177 on: 2014-04-20 01:41:55 »
I can't replicate your glitches, so it's not something I'm capable of fixing right now.

Do you mean the Mystery Ninja encounter? Have you tried it after I updated the JKA Tifa/Yuffie files last week?

With Dio, what Base Models option did you choose?

With Aeris Revival, what difficulty mod did you choose?

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2014-04-21 07:02:51 »
I can't replicate your glitches, so it's not something I'm capable of fixing right now.

Do you mean the Mystery Ninja encounter? Have you tried it after I updated the JKA Tifa/Yuffie files last week?

With Dio, what Base Models option did you choose?

With Aeris Revival, what difficulty mod did you choose?

I used Bootlegged (Best of Show) for the base models,

and Normal Vanilla for the difficulty mod.

I haven't tried to reinstall with the updated JKA models yet, I will try soon and find out, thanks.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2179 on: 2014-04-21 14:33:28 »
I used Bootlegged (Best of Show) for the base models,

and Normal Vanilla for the difficulty mod.

I haven't tried to reinstall with the updated JKA models yet, I will try soon and find out, thanks.

What Cloud model? Apparently the Team Avalanche one effects Dio and another npc. 

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: 2014-04-22 08:31:34 »
I use TA Bloodshot Edit for Cloude, and on the world map, his model is changed to one with buster sword on his back.

also, another thing happened to me last night. In the Whirlwind maze, the wind doesn't stop, meaning I cannot cross it. Ended up having to teleport over the thing, missed the Nibelheim scene altogether, at least I got to fight Jenova-Death and collected all the items. Not sure whether it's caused by one of the graphics mod or not.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #2181 on: 2014-04-22 13:30:11 »
That's the one. Try another model or leave Cloud as default and install my updated TA model.

Sora93130

• View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2014-04-22 19:15:00 »
Hi.

I'm at the end of the installation, all mymods were green or yellow but I got this :

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 41414141 bytes from 374b

Error in blin67_2: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 5a58f06 bytes from 77e6

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 41414141 bytes from 374b

Error in blin67_2: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 5a58f06 bytes from 77e6

chrin_2 patch failed, not original script
cosin1_1 patch failed, not original script

Will I still be able to play or have I something to fix ?

Thank you for the answer and thank you for your work.

DoomWingAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2014-04-23 00:13:05 »
That's the one. Try another model or leave Cloud as default and install my updated TA model.

do you mean the one about Dio without a body? And who's the other NPC, just curious?

I kinda like the TA Bloodshot model for Cloud, is there another way?

Edit:
through teleporting, I was able to get to the screen where you beat Yuffie after the fight in the forests and recruit her normally, and then the Wutai side-quest triggered properly, so it definitely was because of that.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-24 11:48:28 by DoomWingAngel »

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2014-04-25 03:56:16 »
yeah im having a bit of trouble trying to get the game to work ive tried following the guide and i made it through for the most part. but now im having some issues. for starters when i open up the ff7 bootloader it wont let me mount the ff7disc1 and it wont allow me to select its path. i already followed the first step and i decided to mount the ff7disc1 iso through DTL. also at random when it does allow me to select the path and mount it it says "ff7disc1.bat is missing". also when i enter the ff7 config i get an error every time i select the graphics tab says "ff7.exe is missing" and that "ff7 isnt installed correctly". how do i fix these? another note that i suppose is notable is when im applying the mods from the BFE.exe when it reaches a certain point it says that its missing "Aalis custom driver". though my thing is when i use the game converter in the beginning it says that it implements the Aalis driver 8.1 or something like that, though when i look for the drivers on here. it shows the latest is 7.11b. so im not sure if im suposed to replace the files from the game converter or not. im looking through all these pages in the forums for now to see if anything can be found on my problem so i figure posting this now would make it faster in case i didnt find anything or if anyone replies before then.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2014-04-25 17:59:57 »
also when i enter the ff7 config i get an error every time i select the graphics tab says "ff7.exe is missing" and that "ff7 isnt installed correctly". how do i fix these?
Make even a picture of your games folder and put it in here.

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2014-04-26 03:22:08 »
this is the first error i get when im installing the mods from the BFE.exe
http://postimg.org/image/q1d6yl65j/
this the Aali error i get even though it was supposedly installed already when i did the converter in the beginning
http://postimg.org/image/ao0lj2w2v/
here is the converter which shows it supposedly installed aalis driver version 0.8.1b
http://postimg.org/image/d9grpdrc9/
this is the error i get at the end of hte mods being installed, it opened a notepad window and asked if i wanted to make a bootleg readme. i selected no and closed out and then i got this
http://postimg.org/image/ieir5eef1/
this one is the error i get when i opened the ff7config, i clicked the graphics tab and this is what i got. also if this is even relevant when i went in the tab, it shows the nvidia box unchecked.
http://postimg.org/image/q0knrtyit/
this ones is the issue i get when i open up bootloader, the first link is the one that shows that i have the ff7disc1 mounted but it doesnt allow me to choose the path for it. the 2nd link is when i try and mount it it says that its missing.
1st http://postimg.org/image/yqvt11ozp/
2nd http://postimg.org/image/yqvt11ozp/
*side note, i did mention that it let me select the path randomly once. it still shows the same issue that it was missing*
*side note, also i dunno if this is relevant but in the plugin tab it did not let me check the external library box, dunno why*
this is my mods folder and it has all the mods to make the mod list in the BFE.exe yellow and green and as you can see it shows a steam folder that was made when i installed the mods
http://postimg.org/image/9b6rozpvx/
this is what it looks like inside the steam folder in the mods folder
http://postimg.org/image/uzlwu5izf/
and lastly this is my steam folder after i converted it and followed the steps in the guide. as you can see in the address bar up top, my steam folder is outside the programs folder, it just sits in I when you go in the drive, from the earlier links youll see my mods folder is in the games folder. i dont think this should be a problem but its good to note just in case
http://postimg.org/image/6r72tu5yb/
this is everything that i found was wrong and i dont know how to fix

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2014-04-26 04:42:04 »
Looks like the link in my Tutorial was taken down. It used GC v.10b and you're using the new GC v.11. The main difference is that .11 implements Aali's 0.8.1b, which isn't fully compatible yet with Bootleg040. I tend to get flak from others when I say this, but the proof is in the pudding it appears. I think some have gotten it to work by manually installing 0.8.1b after Bootleg040 is run, but I prefer to have the least amount of steps and clean line the process. We'll probably need to work on an update for Bootleg to work with GC v.11.

I fixed the link in the Tutorial (STEP 1) to use a modified version of .10b that installs Aali's 0.7.11b. It's called FF7_GameConverter_BC.exe.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-26 05:14:20 by EQ2Alyza »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2014-04-26 05:39:04 »
@ Sythik Mime

You have made two different gamefolders, one in
   I:\Games\FF7Mods\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII     (WRONG !)
an other in
   I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII   (seems to be the correct one)

Try to start bootloader from the correct folder.
If that works you have to delete the icon from the desktop and create a new shortcut.
But I fear that your registry is messed up...

@ EQ2Alyza

Looks like the link in my Tutorial was taken down. It used GC v.10b and you're using the new GC v.11. The main difference is that .11 implements Aali's 0.8.1b, which isn't fully compatible yet with Bootleg040.
Bootleg040 instaled Aali's driver 0.7.11 about it, so no problem.
The ff7_opengl.fgd has a date stamp of 2011 (see last picture).

Just tested, works! (0.7.11b IS installed !)
« Last Edit: 2014-04-26 06:20:28 by Kompass63 »

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2014-04-26 06:38:57 »
@ Sythik Mime

You have made two different gamefolders, one in
   I:\Games\FF7Mods\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII     (WRONG !)
an other in
   I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII   (seems to be the correct one)

the steam folder that was in the mods folder was made after i finished implementing the mods from the BHE.exe. it just appeared there for one reason or another i dunno why really.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: 2014-04-26 06:56:54 »
Have you turned off anti-virus scanner during installation?

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2014-04-26 07:10:08 »
yes i had the AV turned off and i even closed down the browser just to be safe.

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2014-04-26 07:12:39 »
@ Sythik Mime

Try to start bootloader from the correct folder.
If that works you have to delete the icon from the desktop and create a new shortcut.
But I fear that your registry is messed up...

the thing about that, if you look, the bootloader is in the steam folder where the game is currently installed in. not the steam folder in the mods folder. im assuming thats the correct folder your talking about?

Sythik Mime

• View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 2014-04-26 07:33:38 »
Looks like the link in my Tutorial was taken down. It used GC v.10b and you're using the new GC v.11. The main difference is that .11 implements Aali's 0.8.1b, which isn't fully compatible yet with Bootleg040. I tend to get flak from others when I say this, but the proof is in the pudding it appears. I think some have gotten it to work by manually installing 0.8.1b after Bootleg040 is run, but I prefer to have the least amount of steps and clean line the process. We'll probably need to work on an update for Bootleg to work with GC v.11.

I fixed the link in the Tutorial (STEP 1) to use a modified version of .10b that installs Aali's 0.7.11b. It's called FF7_GameConverter_BC.exe.
so what should i do then. should i uninstall the game and all the mods and restart fresh again and use the converter you linked back?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2014-04-26 16:11:53 »
so what should i do then. should i uninstall the game and all the mods and restart fresh again and use the converter you linked back?
It is probably necessary.
Uninstall the game and then use FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe to clean the registry.
Delete then all other games folders, if any, but not the folder  I:\Games\FF7Mods
Now reinstall the game.

If there's room on I:\, you can copy the folder 'Final Fantasy VII' elsewhere again.
Then you must specify the path to the copy in both, the Game Converter (after 'If an installation path IS NOT found, TYPE IT IN and press ENTER.') and in BFE.exe (TAB 'Installation', field 'Destination Location').

What Game Converter you use does not matter, BFE.exe install anyway Aali's driver 0.7.11b

You should at BFE.exe in the 'Temporary Files' specify a folder that is not a system folder, eg 'I:\Games\BFE_TEMP' (please create before).
Also the other fields in the TAB 'Installation' should contain the correct paths.

Good luck this time and sign up, if it works.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 2014-04-26 16:26:49 »
@ EQ2Alyza
Bootleg040 instaled Aali's driver 0.7.11 about it, so no problem.
The ff7_opengl.fgd has a date stamp of 2011 (see last picture).

Just tested, works! (0.7.11b IS installed !)

You're right, it does. I need to figure how to edit the ff7_opengl.cfg from Bootleg040. There could be better default settings given so that most users won't have to necessarily open Configure and can just Play right away.

What Game Converter you use does not matter, BFE.exe install anyway Aali's driver 0.7.11b

Yeah, it doesn't matter. I created a new one called FF7_GameConverter_BC but it's the same as FF7_GameConverter_v11 except I edited it to install 0.7.11b files. Bootleg040 just overwrites them anyways, so it was all for nothing. I'd like to figure out how to edit FF7 GameConverter into the Bootleg install, so that it would make for one less step with the Tutorial.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-26 16:33:29 by EQ2Alyza »

Moon_chilD

• View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 2014-04-26 16:54:34 »
Hi,
I'm new here. Also its the first time I modded FFVII.

My question is:
I have chosen a music mod I don't like. Now I want to try out another one. Can I just patch everything with the bootleg again, exept I'm changing the music mod?

Many Greetings
Moony

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 2014-04-26 17:26:50 »
@EQ2Alyza

Bootleg has its own Game Converter, namely of Kranmer.
But it only works with the English version, and only when UAC is turned off.
Perhaps some virus scanners also blocks Kranmers version.

These limitations don't exist with my Game Converter.

At the moment it is best to leave it that way ...

@Moon_chilD

You can try to manually start FF7Music and select another profile (TAB 'Files').
Or you create a new profile and choose the music from which you want.
Double-click on the song title on the left and select the file to be played instead.

Moon_chilD

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2014-04-26 18:00:33 »
@Kompass63 Thanks alot!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2014-04-27 01:30:26 »
@EQ2Alyza

Bootleg has its own Game Converter, namely of Kranmer.
But it only works with the English version, and only when UAC is turned off.
Perhaps some virus scanners also blocks Kranmers version.

These limitations don't exist with my Game Converter.

At the moment it is best to leave it that way ...

Yes, that's what I'm saying. We need to get your GC into the Bootleg install since Kramner's isn't updated anymore.