Author Topic: [WIP] Bootleg Mods Pack  (Read 18234 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
[WIP] Bootleg Mods Pack
« on: 2012-10-04 06:29:51 »
This torrent contains all the mods that are compatible with Bootleg. To utilize size, I did not include any of the varied file names. If any new mods are added to Bootleg then I will create another Torrent with them included.

The main purpose of this thread is to help keep the torrent alive, so if you could please seed to at least a 1.000 ratio, that would be great  :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Bootleg Mods Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-04 12:25:53 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13418.0

also, I can't seed with my mighty 40kb/s upload

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-04 14:06:09 »
What is your point with the link?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-04 15:58:31 »
there already is a torrent.
why make another?

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-04 20:43:15 »
Because girls are overly [crazy] redundant, but look at this way this, we have a back up in case the other goes down. Thank you.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-04 21:57:49 »
I don't remember being overly redundant

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-10-04 22:22:37 »
Well she did say this is to save space as it doesn't contain some mods which are big in size like Facepalmer and good for those who will not use those mods i guess, then again another torrent would've been useful when Bootleg 0400 releases :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-04 22:25:53 »
we should just keep mods in two categories. videos and non-videos.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-05 02:48:33 »
@DEFIANT

Wow, I am refraining myself here, but I do have one thing to say. The way someone is perceived should have nothing to do with whether they are male or female.

@Kuugen

e1sunz somewhat summed it up for me. Reasons are:

1) The old one is not linked on these boards anymore. Why it was taken down, I don't know, but the OP has been inactive for awhile, so I assumed it wouldn't be getting updated.

2) It had some missing files (ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip, ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar, sqlogo.avi, cloud.7z, JKA Tifa.7z, JKA Yuffie.7z [Field works] )

3) It had overlapping movie files (ff7_enhanced_movies @ 2 parts but missing part1, ff7_enhanced_movies @ 7 parts but missing part1.1)

4) It had older, outdated files (MO.exe --- M005a, FacePalmer --- w/o 4 Lighting Patches implemented, OSTRe.7z --- w/o v4 Patch fix)

5) I was able to update all the appropriate files and reduce the size by about 4GB.

6) I would really love to keep this updated between releases for the same reasons I created the Bootleg Tutorial.

I agree on the movie files. I originally thought of removing all the AC and CC style movies to reduce space, but it would be disrespectful to the authors to do that publicly. I do have another idea, and that's to create a separate Torrent for each of the Presets. Minimal only requires about 7GB of mods, while the rest are around 10GB. The issue with that will be getting people to understand the Presets before downloading. They will need to have read and opened Bootleg to see what they want first, then select their Torrent. If they want to go custom settings, just download the Torrent above.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #9 on: 2012-10-05 02:54:17 »
they can do what i would do. start the torrent. right click all the files i already have and/or dont want then pick dont download. 

i would say make people aware that they can see what files are required by bootleg then they can set in their torrent client to not download the rediculously oversized videos, and files if they choose not to. id say full torrent is the proper way

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-10-05 03:35:50 »
That works too. I like to show as much direction as possible, so creating Preset packs isn't an issue for me. I think no matter what way it's approached, someone is bound to ask questions or complain. I remember when my first Bootleg video hit the Kotaku boards, and everyone started flooding in comments for it. I had a TON wanting a Torrent made. Now the Torrent is made, and I get a TON complaining about the size. What can you do, huh? We can't win out there lol

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #11 on: 2012-10-05 03:45:02 »
i wouldnt seperate them into preset packs because then the people that decide to seed  are dispersed throughout different torrents.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-10-05 04:11:50 »
Yeah, I'm not going to. It'd be tough to keep them seeded for long periods, and I'd have to recompile each one whenever a new Bootleg releases with new mods.

DEFIANT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-10-05 04:45:49 »
Wow, I am refraining myself here, but I do have one thing to say. The way someone is perceived should have nothing to do with whether they are male or female.
It was a joke, I always joke, personality flaw/benefit, you decide. You should feel comfortable that I feel comfortable to joke around, [male or female]. No sexism was implied or inferred. I however, apologize, if unfortunately, you saw it as such.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-05 20:17:56 by DEFIANT »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: 2012-10-05 10:50:38 »
they can do what i would do. start the torrent. right click all the files i already have and/or dont want then pick dont download. 

i would say make people aware that they can see what files are required by bootleg then they can set in their torrent client to not download the rediculously oversized videos, and files if they choose not to. id say full torrent is the proper way

that only works if you're not downloading one giant archieve file like .rar or .7

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-10-05 16:49:06 »
@DEFIANT

Ah, okay. I don't know you, so I couldn't see the joke. Noooo problem  :)

@Kuugen
The files are all separated, but what you're saying is any of the .rar, .zip, or .7 can't be turned off? (e.g. ff7_enhanced_moves_1.zip)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: 2012-10-05 17:30:56 »
no, what I am saying is, if the torrent was one giant bootleg.rar, you couldn't select specific mods in there
if it's just a folder, yeah, that works fine

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012-10-05 19:43:57 »
Just saying that, if someone doesn't download all the mods, then that person cannot seed properly. Also, it would be a GOOD IDEA for people to download in the same folder as all your mods are (even if you already have all of them) so that it doesn't re-download it. Not a problem with people who got high-speed connection, but it could be an issue with people who have bad connection or low bandwitch.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-10-08 09:03:05 »
Thank you, @EQ2Alyza, for this torrent. You have made my life easier. :-)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-10-16 19:42:32 »
I don't use the bootleg mod, However i have a 10mbps upload speed. So i'll download it to seed it

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-02-25 14:43:14 »
Sorry for the necro post and I might be misunderstanding what this is for.  I'll ask anyway however I was wondering if you could add my Sephiroth to Cloud switch and vice versa battle model in as well?  I believe I have the link up to it somewhere.  I believe it is in gameplay releases.

crushilista

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-03-10 15:29:42 »
I'd also like to comment on the project since it's been brought back to life and I don't wish to fill the forum with topics of the same thing.

I'd just like to make a suggestion. While I really like the bootleg for finding mods I like and think it's a very nice program, the mod list is horribly hard to figure out what is what. The reason for this being that red for my eyes is VERY close to the reddish orange. I have to squint to be able to make out which one is which, and after seeing so many of one color, the OTHER color that looks close to it becomes that color for a while to my eyes.

Just a minor complaint but it's really hard to make things out.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014-03-10 22:59:57 »
The Orange color was a mistake and will be gone in the next version. When we actually get to do it. There's an awful lot to do >_>

-Vgr

crod13oakcliff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-03-16 06:45:32 »
great stuff guys...i literally became a computer nerd in the last 4-5 days. what sucks about it is im not so good at it yet :( i love bootleg so shout out to the people who put that together i just dont like the fact that i cant enhance the main menu and my battle style to ffix or ffx. I read in the threads that (The Reunion) has a pretty good battle mods but im in love with (bootlegs) hd videos and battle graphics. Any way i could have the best of both worlds ?? im sure i probably could ..but i might need some instructions ..any takers? 

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-03-17 22:04:51 »
I did not try to install The Reunion with Bootleg on any way. I'll contact Bootleg's tester and see if either of us can come up with something.

-Vgr