Author Topic: 7th Heaven and macOS  (Read 4025 times)

Ravven

• View Profile
7th Heaven and macOS
« on: 2020-07-01 22:27:13 »
Hey there!

I've tried running a search on this topic but unfortunately came up empty.

I was wondering if anyone has tried/managed to get 7th Heaven to work on macOS?
I got FF7 (Steam version) to work using CrossOver, but can't do the same for 7H.
There's a pinned topic here for how to get it to work on Linux, but it's not applicable to macOS (I tried).

Maybe someone else had more luck?

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven and macOS
« Reply #1 on: 2020-07-25 00:36:00 »
I think it's made for windows only...
you could try a virtualization tool to create a windows virtual machine on your mac, and then install it there if your pc is powerful enough. I recommend vmware workstation if you can download it somehow, but any other virtualization tool will work I guess. It'll require some extra configuration but you could do it as a last resort.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #2 on: 2020-07-27 19:33:41 »
Very few people here care if their application works your OS.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #3 on: 2020-07-27 20:20:10 »
Very few people here care if their application works your OS.

that's an odd and extremely unhelpful (and IMO, untrue) statement

its more like people here wish they could help but can't because they don't use macOS

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #4 on: 2020-07-29 12:59:16 »
that's an odd and extremely unhelpful (and IMO, untrue) statement
its more like people here wish they could help but can't because they don't use macOS

Its Very true, Look at what tools are released for Mac OS from here. I'm Literally the only person here who ever builds things for It. I don't even use Mac OS or Windows for that matter. I make sure to go out of my way so that my tools and those I work on are available for all to use no matter your OS. Its not they they have good intentions but don't use Mac its they code with MS offerings and guess what they don't work outside windows correctly then try they try to justify it by saying things like oh the game is for windows.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #5 on: 2020-07-29 22:39:32 »
Its Very true, Look at what tools are released for Mac OS from here. I'm Literally the only person here who ever builds things for It. I don't even use Mac OS or Windows for that matter. I make sure to go out of my way so that my tools and those I work on are available for all to use no matter your OS. Its not they they have good intentions but don't use Mac its they code with MS offerings and guess what they don't work outside windows correctly then try they try to justify it by saying things like oh the game is for windows.

gotcha, i apologize

i interpreted your post as saying 'no one here gives a crap whether stuff works for you or not" and thought it was a little harsh, but thats not what you were saying after all

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #6 on: 2020-08-21 02:45:05 »
I'm sorry, but I don't have a Mac on which to test 7H (and probably never will, as I despise Apple, but that being said I don't go out of my way to make 7H incompatible with it). 7H uses pretty standard stuff for the most part, some basic Windows APIs that should work fine on various emulators, and I would think by now the .NET Framework should be emulated well. The 2 biggest challenges I think would be the external EasyHook library that 7H uses to install the wrapper, and Aali/FFNx game drivers (both are very different and one or the other may or may not work). All of which are out of my hands.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2020-08-22 12:47:44 »
Thanks unab0mb for illustrating my point.

"7H uses pretty standard stuff for the most part, some basic Windows APIs that should work fine on various emulators, and I would think by now the .NET Framework should be emulated well. "

.NET does not work well on non windows by design.Honestly you would be better off using python to write 7H then .NET if your goal was portability.