Author Topic: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos  (Read 37808 times)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
[Release] Otokoshi's Videos
« on: 2006-08-03 03:51:19 »
I thought I would clean things up and place all my videos in one thread.  As I improve upon these videos or release new ones, this is where you can find them.  The posts following this one are from very helpful people that guided me in making these videos which I hope many can enjoy.  A big thank you to each of you.  Thanks for the heads up to the dead links.  Apparently these little videos used quite a bit of bandwidth from FileFront.  If this occurs again, please feel free to post so I can keep the links alive.

For any of these videos to work in-game, you must use the FF7 Movie Tweak.  Instructions can be found here, and are provided by EmperorSteele's great website.

Opening

This first video replaces the opening cinematic of Final Fantasy VII.  This uses the Indeo codec and should not require any tweaking like prior Xvid videos.  If the video does not play, you probably do not have the codec installed.  Google search "indeo codec" or "klite codec pack" and either should fix your problem.  Click the screenshot to download.

Sephiroth Ablaze

This video replaces the infamous Nibelhiem cinematic.  This uses the Indeo codec and should not require any tweaking like prior Xvid videos.  If the video does not play, you probably do not have the codec installed.  Google search "indeo codec" or "klite codec pack" and either should fix your problem.  Click the screenshot to download.

EDIT:
Removed FileFront links.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-31 04:18:18 by Otokoshi »

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Opening Video v2.0
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-04 08:55:37 »
Well Otokoshi I supose you could simply switch to the original video taking advantatge of one of the sudden changes in the camera (you know, when it poits to the wheels. That way the train and the station will also look the esame at the end of the video.

Ravey

« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-04 11:44:53 »
If I get a chance, i'll try messing around with the video in Sony Vegas to see if I can align it properly.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-04 16:43:35 »
I really didn't want to put the original train sequence back in at the end, but it may just look the best.  It would be a smoother transition into the game.

EDIT:
What compression format do you guys believe would be the best?  I'm currently using Indeo 5.10, for the small file size and the fact that it's a common codec, but I'm not all that happy with the quality.  If FF7 ran divX video I'd be all over it.  I know it ran the older codec, 3.1 i think but I'd like a common one used today.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-04 16:55:51 by Otokoshi »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-05 20:00:52 »
I really didn't want to put the original train sequence back in at the end, but it may just look the best.  It would be a smoother transition into the game.

EDIT:
What compression format do you guys believe would be the best?  I'm currently using Indeo 5.10, for the small file size and the fact that it's a common codec, but I'm not all that happy with the quality.  If FF7 ran divX video I'd be all over it.  I know it ran the older codec, 3.1 i think but I'd like a common one used today.  What do you guys think?
why not use MP4 or Xvid with the biggest compliance settings? It should work with most systems.  The problem might be the frame issues.  FF7 has some sort of funky frame counting method. Which was easy on the playstation, it might be why they picked the particular codec used.  This keeps the action in Sync with the video, if not, you my as well forget redoing the movie.  If you wish to redo the scene set you can, Borde had some progress at attempting to encode a new tile background. If you set up the scene differently (IE change the camera position etc.) it should look fine. Then when cloud wanders up the stairs things will resume to 'normal'.  Remember the scene starts out with a massive camera distance then zooms into the setting for the tiled background which is loaded after the movie is finished playing.  So with some tweaking of the script and the background you can do it.

Cyb

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-06 06:14:22 »
Xvid, that's a good idea.  Well I did force the video to 15fps and it sinks up just fine with the game timings as you mentioned.  Anything different, like 30fps, the midi music will start prematurely.  I'm thinking of just putting the original ending of the opening.avi in.  The intro has to end sometime, and the game has to start, so I'd rather it have a smooth transition.  I may release that first, then dive into the script like you mentioned and see what I can cook up.

I'll be saving my higher-res uncompressed video somewhere for when Q-Gears can one day support videos with higher res than 320x224.  It may be far from now but I got faith.  :-D

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-08 03:01:07 »
any idea when you'll have it available for download???

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-08 17:31:42 »
Quote from: cactusjack901
any idea when you'll have it available for download???

If everything runs smoothly and I think it is polished enough, probably by the end of the week.  Don't hold me to it though. :-)  I've got a whole lot of work to do on this other project I've been working on.  To be honest, I wasn't sure if anyone even wanted this, good to know.  :-D  I'll need somewhere to upload it (my server is down  :x).  I'm thinking FileFront, but if anyone knows of anything better let me know.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-08 18:25:57 »
just use megaupload or something of the sort. seriously though, if you have any FF VII mod projects, lemme know, i'll test.  but making a filefront page for FF VII is a good idea considering all the mods we have available

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-08 19:07:20 »
File Front rocks. Definitely use it, I always get good download speeds and I never have to wait in line for servers, etc.

I have an account on there, I could upload it for you if you wanted.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-08-08 19:54:44 »
Looking good Otokoshi :)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: Opening Video v2.0 [Released]
« Reply #11 on: 2006-08-12 07:22:50 »
Quote from: zero88
File Front rocks. Definitely use it, I always get good download speeds and I never have to wait in line for servers, etc.

I have an account on there, I could upload it for you if you wanted.

I think it rocks too.  Thanks for offering to upload, but I've also got an account.  :-D  Thank you nonetheless.

Quote from: Jedimark
Looking good Otokoshi

Thanks a lot!  Well I met my deadline and I'm pretty happy with the result.  Check it out on the first post and let me know what you think.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-08-12 12:40:17 »
Well Audio definatly needs cleaning up.
And the transition between the stars in the sky bit at the start into the Ps3 demo vid, if yo uknow what I mean

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-08-12 13:18:16 »
It's still really good though! You should put in on youtube.com for some extra exposure. Well done!

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-08-12 13:20:47 »
sorry for being so negative - any work that gets this much coverage is a plus to the community

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-08-12 14:20:32 »
Quote from: The Skillster
Well Audio definatly needs cleaning up.
And the transition between the stars in the sky bit at the start into the Ps3 demo vid, if yo uknow what I mean

I'll see what I can do about the audio.  VirtualDub, to my knowledge, only allows .wav files to be placed as the soundtrack.  As for the stars I needed some filler.  If the video was too short, the bombing mission music would not start until your in the middle of the fight with the two guards.  This video is the same length as the original 1:59:02.  I also thought it would be kind of a tribute to have parts of the original FMV, if not to fool your friends when they view it.  :wink:

Quote from: Jedimark
It's still really good though! You should put in on youtube.com for some extra exposure. Well done!

Thank you very much.  I'm not all that worried about exposure.  I figured I would share this with the people on these boards first.(Exclusive Premiere on Qhimm.com!) :-D  I do worry though that someone will release it there and claim it as their own work... :|

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-08-13 10:20:59 »
why not rip the audio from the original ff7 pc opening video and place it on top of this video? just to see if it fits better?
Plus there is a midi for the opening sequence as well (in fact I think there might not be any music in the video - just midi playing), you could capture the midi playback (using sound recorder) and place that on top?

Cloud_man

• It's so easy, it's somfy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-08-13 10:57:51 »
Really, a very good work!!
 It's a pity that square-enix did not make all the scene cinematics of FF7 in technical demonstration for the PS3.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-08-15 14:43:52 »
I can only imagine how long that would have taken and if ONE technical demonstration of ONE cutscene of the game got the majority of the Internet thinking that a remake is nearly confirmed, just think about what everyone would have thought if they had done every cutscene...

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-08-17 19:38:42 »
I can only imagine how long that would have taken and if ONE technical demonstration of ONE cutscene of the game got the majority of the Internet thinking that a remake is nearly confirmed, just think about what everyone would have thought if they had done every cutscene...

Pluse why would they need to remake all of them for just a tech demo

ps: There is going to be a remake one of these years (maby the next 1-3 year before we at least get some info) but it is going to happen

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-08-17 21:22:11 »
...ok that has nothing to do with this topic.

Bane King

• View Profile
    • Sammie Jo Bray 1986-2006 -- You will be Missed
« Reply #21 on: 2006-08-18 00:11:08 »
Was this ready to replace the orginal opening movie cuz when i did, it made the screen balck except for the diolog box and the music didn't start untill I anniciated the battle.

forgive my 3rd grade spelling
EDIT:nevermind...had I read the first post,I'd have known my answer...
« Last Edit: 2006-08-18 00:13:54 by Bane King »

Darkbane848

« Reply #22 on: 2007-07-21 16:08:12 »
Is this file still avalible? Whenever I try to download it, it simply sends me to the filefront main page.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos
« Reply #23 on: 2007-07-22 06:53:17 »
Links have been updated and are provided in the first post.  I still got my fingers crossed to one day be able to change the scenes background images.  I have another video which uses the entire tech demo and improved frame rate, and it's just itching to be used.  :-D

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
Re: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos
« Reply #24 on: 2008-08-30 14:36:25 »
Hey!

I downloaded both videos- but I can't play it...

Any idea what I could do?