Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001223 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo

xenogod991

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.8]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #1001 on: 2013-08-17 10:48:58 »
hi i have a issue i keep getting an error and I can not find the solution it is saying { does not have an updated signature} what does this mean  thanks

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1002 on: 2013-08-17 16:45:03 »
hi i have a issue i keep getting an error and I can not find the solution it is saying { does not have an updated signature} what does this mean  thanks

https://sourceforge.net/p/blackchocobo/wiki/FAQ/#psp-and-ps3-saves

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1003 on: 2013-08-27 15:24:33 »

FF7tk/Black Chocobo News:

FF7tk now has a new Class FF7FieldItemList that knows all about items on the field. It can store what map(s) the items is on and what offset(s) and bit(s) are used for tracking pickup. multiple offsets and bits are required for some item (like when you get a keyItem for example) and the related values will need to be changed correctly so multibit support is important.Its important to note that some locations are used more then once (i.e all wutai tower is one map '5tower'). varibles that track these changes will be later used in a similar Progression Class. That class will be used to set both global progression and map specific varibles. so for now some locations will show items that need other bits toggled to show them but are not included in this class because they are related to progression. Eventually both Items and Progression values will be shown for any given map in the locationViewer.

All of the data being put into this class (as usual) comes directly from the game itself this time the field scripts are being read and the field varibles are being maped to their "real" save offsets. I have already completed porting the old items to the new class and the items stored in Var 15 of the field. The current number of items in the new class is already 210!

All the field items have now been moved to the locationViewer .Now when you select a location the items that you can pickup (or are given) will be shown under the preview allowing you to toggle their pickup status.  The only downside to this is that selection of a loctation from the table will (by default) not update your saves location . This is done so the user can toggle items and remain saved in the same place.  A checkbox (with alt+L shortcut) is used to enable location changes when the table selection chages. Don't worry if you forget to check the box before you select a location because when you do check it your location will be updated to the selected map. Map changes will be shown in the statusBar area when they are applied this hopefully will mitigate any confusion caused by the changes to the locationViewer. there are also a few other new messages that the statusBar will display when needed.

Gingercat

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2013-08-31 14:39:37 »
An odd thing happening in a new save file: Black Chocobo refuses to allow me to enable the Materia menu option. I tried to enable it early to switch one of Cloud's materia to Barret, but when hitting Save, it reverts the menu selections to disabled and locked.

Now that I've progressed far enough to enable the menu anyway, it appeared greyed-out in game. Trying to fix it in BC instead caused it to become disabled / locked again, thus disappearing from the in-game menu entirely, as if Barret hasn't mentioned it yet.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 2013-09-01 13:38:27 »
When you bring up the save selection from load, the window can't be closed until you've loaded a save.  Pressing the X does nothing.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1006 on: 2013-09-02 02:15:12 »
An odd thing happening in a new save file: Black Chocobo refuses to allow me to enable the Materia menu option. I tried to enable it early to switch one of Cloud's materia to Barret, but when hitting Save, it reverts the menu selections to disabled and locked.

Now that I've progressed far enough to enable the menu anyway, it appeared greyed-out in game. Trying to fix it in BC instead caused it to become disabled / locked again, thus disappearing from the in-game menu entirely, as if Barret hasn't mentioned it yet.

i see and you are correct the menu options are not changable. it seams that i accidentally connected the locked to the visible and the visible to the locked. (Oops..) i have fixed this error in the trunk version of the code. if you happen to be using the testing ppa for *buntu/debian you should get an update soon , if not you will have to wait for the next release for the fix or build it yourself.

myk

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2013-09-30 17:31:04 »
First let me say: awesome editor : )

That said, I found a few bugs:
1) if the minute time element for a save is '00', the UI only shows '0' in the slot selection dialog when loading the save.  I suspect this would mean that if the time element less than '10', it is incorrectly shown as a single digit.
2) the md5sum is calculated incorrectly for the metadata.xml file (PC2012 version of FF7).  Ff7 was just deleting the .ff7 file until I manually fixed the metadata.xml file, at which point everything worked fine.

This was built from trunk in qt-creator-2.7.0 on 30 Sep 2013 on 64-bit Linux (Gentoo, qt-4.8.4)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1008 on: 2013-09-30 18:39:49 »

1. yea i didn't bother w/ the leading 0. (ready for next commit).  should i have a leading 0 for hours also?

2. this should be fixed for 1.9.8. at least for the steam version. can you please explain what you did to "fix".  there was a problem where user id was not being added to the md5 but it should be resolved by now. also check that your putting your save in a user_#### folder or bc will sign without the userID (as it fails to autodetect it) .
« Last Edit: 2013-09-30 21:09:44 by sithlord48 »

myk

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2013-10-01 02:47:57 »
1) I'd say do hours with no leading zero, minutes with.  That seems "normal" to me at least.
2) my fix was completely manual.  after saving in $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/MyDocuments/Square Enix/FINAL FANTASY VII/rld/save00.ff7, I ran:
Code: [Select]
md5sum save00.ff7
to get the calculated md5 checksum and edited metadata.xml accordingly.  If I save it to a new file, say save01.ff7, it modifies metadata.xml correctly as far as the timestamps go, but the md5sum still needs a manual update.

ff7 is running in wine-1.7.0, btw.  Is "rld" the default user id or something?  It's certainly not a string I recognize.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-01 02:51:35 by myk »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1010 on: 2013-10-01 13:40:25 »
thats your problem, your save is not in the correct path . it should be user_##### . this tells bc what user ID to sign the saves with. there is something unusual about your copy as stright MD5Sums should not work . they add the userID to salt the data.

in other BC news.. fixed that leading 0 for the minutes on slot selection.
added support for where the save point is in the northern crater.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-01 13:42:40 by sithlord48 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2013-10-01 16:26:06 »
How did you get the 2012 version working on Wine? Last I heard, the 2012 version's SecuROM protection didn't work correctly on Wine.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1012 on: 2013-10-01 21:37:48 »
i've changed the siging just a bit so that if the user id detected is not all digits it will sign with a stright MD5sum. i need you (myk) to test it for your files. and i will need the new version tested with someone who has a correct style ID.

myk

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2013-10-01 23:40:45 »
@Covarrtsby: It doesn't.  I used the SecuROM bypass mentioned in http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26490.  All in all, this version of the game runs better than the original ever did : )

@sithlord48: the new detection method for md5sum works for me
« Last Edit: 2013-10-02 17:07:49 by myk »

johnthrell

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2013-10-11 17:01:31 »
First off, let me say your  V1.9.8 is wonderful and very well thought off. I did run into two things, I don't know if they are bugs or not, but I thought it would be worth mentioning:

1. After editing and maxing out the stats of a male and female normal chocobo caught(not created) and after getting them up to s class in normal racing, I noticed the normal nuts for getting river or mountain chocobo's (carob nuts) only produce regular chocobo's after 30 tries. While I also tried it with created and modified chocobo's as well, same results. I don't know if it's a bug or not, or the randomness generator always denying, but I thought it was worth a mention, as it might apply to higher level chocobo's too.

2. when I was working on getting materia set up so I could go after the weapons, and I was all set, I looked at cloud, and saw he had 10 MP? I checked his status, it was 10 out of 10 mp. I tested every materia, and tracked it down to the Individual green and red materia. When equipped, created at master level, first level, it does not matter, it knocks you down to 10 out of 10 mp. If you use the blue materia combo's like for example final attack-revive it will cast life 2, but because you only have 10 mp, it will not work, and you die. I tested it with new materia after the previous one gets mastered, and ones bought at stores, same results. While I am no expert, and I hope it's not in the steam version of FF7, but if it is a bug in 1.9.8, I thought you should know.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1015 on: 2013-10-11 17:10:55 »
1. After editing and maxing out the stats of a male and female normal chocobo caught(not created) and after getting them up to s class in normal racing, I noticed the normal nuts for getting river or mountain chocobo's (carob nuts) only produce regular chocobo's after 30 tries. While I also tried it with created and modified chocobo's as well, same results. I don't know if it's a bug or not, or the randomness generator always denying, but I thought it was worth a mention, as it might apply to higher level chocobo's too.
so you maxed your stats and it took a long time to get a yellow chocobo ? not sure how this is an issue in black chocobo.

2. when I was working on getting materia set up so I could go after the weapons, and I was all set, I looked at cloud, and saw he had 10 MP? I checked his status, it was 10 out of 10 mp. I tested every materia, and tracked it down to the Individual green and red materia. When equipped, created at master level, first level, it does not matter, it knocks you down to 10 out of 10 mp. If you use the blue materia combo's like for example final attack-revive it will cast life 2, but because you only have 10 mp, it will not work, and you die. I tested it with new materia after the previous one gets mastered, and ones bought at stores, same results. While I am no expert, and I hope it's not in the steam version of FF7, but if it is a bug in 1.9.8, I thought you should know.

Please make sure when you changes stats that you change the BASE MP and BASE HP as the Maximum values are calculated by the game at run time. if that is not what your saying please describe your issue better.

johnthrell

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2013-10-11 20:15:34 »
Sorry if i did not explain it clear enough

so you maxed your stats and it took a long time to get a yellow chocobo ? not sure how this is an issue in black chocobo.

Basicly, it did not advance to any level chocobo, no matter if I used Carob nuts captured fair and square, or generated in Black Chocobo, I would only get a normal chocobo non black chocobo generated normal chocobo's but having their stats altered but raced fair and square, same effect with black chocobo generated and stat altered ones too, class changed as well. I'm still building up to test ones for non generated and with non generated carob nuts, but it just seems odd that after ten tries on both previous tries with s class chocobo's with a carob nut that no green or blue chocobo's breed normally without  spawning them in Black Chocobo. If it's not a glitch, please forgive me, but it just seemed like an odd occurrence.

Please make sure when you changes stats that you change the BASE MP and BASE HP as the Maximum values are calculated by the game at run time. if that is not what your saying please describe your issue better.

As for the base MP issue, I did set the base MP appropriately, since I boosted everyone's stats at the beginning, and before saving it to back into game, made sure the MP was refilled to norm as well and saved. But when I loaded it back up in game, the base and total mp were still different than what it was set in Black Chocobo. The Magic and Summon  Materia, individually, not joined into master materia for magic and summoning, still set when equipped in any slot, regardless of armor or weapon, the MP to 10 max. Regardless if it was attack, healing, or support materia, and all summons by themselves individually when equipped in a slot, set it to 10 MP maximum, Turning a whole set into a master set fixes it, but you can't use master materia with blue materia combo's like the final attack-revive combo. Again I apologize if it' not a Black chocobo glitch, but having materia that turn your MP to a level that you can't even use magic kind of make using magic a moot point.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2013-10-11 21:48:46 »
If i use this on a steam save file can i still get achievements or help me get the achievement quicker? I especially wanna speed up getting the really long 'Master all materia' achievement will it work for helping with all achievements? The ones they made were boring interesting ones would be like:
Going on a date with Barret/yuffie
Get chosen when cross dressed
Collecting every single one of those worthless toy soldier things
Grinding flashback-Cloud to level 99
ok maybe not the last one some may commit suicide)
« Last Edit: 2013-10-11 22:14:54 by e1sunz »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1018 on: 2013-10-11 22:56:43 »
@johnthrell
your chocobos have to be certian types (good, wonderful ,great) to get the color chocobos. i don't exactly remember what but the chocobo sage will tell you exactly what you need to get them.

about your MP deal , i still have no idea what your talking about please send me your saves. they should tell me if its an issue or not. (post a link here or email them to me sithlord48 @ gmail )

@e1sunz , yes you should get achevements if you hack them into a save. i was thinking about adding an achevement editor for BC but i dont' have steam or 2012 version to figure the bits out (only 24 items should be easy) if some one has this info i would add it to BC.(hint hint..)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2013-10-12 14:51:46 »
Cool! and what kinda info do you need for the editor? The steam save file or achievment.dat?
and do you know where the steam save files are stored? can't seem to find it  :-X
Nvm that found it in Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_####\
« Last Edit: 2013-10-12 18:41:28 by e1sunz »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1020 on: 2013-10-12 22:26:23 »
Cool! and what kinda info do you need for the editor? The steam save file or achievment.dat?

i would need to know what bits in the achievment.dat file are set for each achievment.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2013-10-13 00:23:10 »
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_Achievements

If that makes sense. Except they've actually changed it since I wrote that. They've removed the last two bytes.

00 00 00 0f ff ff ff

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1022 on: 2013-10-13 15:14:15 »
iirc the file was only 32bits in total.

so the first 3 1/2 bytes are just not used at all?

also your findings are from the steam version or the 2012 version?

can anyone post their achevement.dat  (w/ a link where i can see whats unlocked) for both steam and 2012

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2013-10-13 16:29:58 »

This is literally all the file is. And that's what it is with all achievements. It's the 2012 version.

There are 36 achievements in total, so it's not only 32 bits. If you want the file proof it's here.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2013-10-13 17:03:44 by e1sunz »