Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 209071 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
MP3 would give you very good results.

A PSX can not play an MP3. If it did you will have no CPU power to do anything else.

The R3000A is an embedded MIPS CPU from LSI that costs $6.99. It's *very* low power. The audio sound chip can only play ADPCM , which much like a .wav file. You can't compress it.

70 Minutes of audio = One CD

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
There are better compression formats than MP3, if your priority is small size and low CPU. You'll get lower audio quality, but I know it's a lot more feasible on the PSX. I don't know what these formats are, but hell even the SNES processor was able to manage compressed voice without a coprocessor (Virtual Bart, a sh*tty game, but technically kind of impressive).

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
The SNES used the SPC700, which was made by Sony. It's a smaller version of the SPU that's used in the PSX. It also used ADPCM for digital audio.

The SPC700 was designed by this one guy.... Minoru Akao, you might of heard of him. He became popular after he quit Sony and started working for some game company :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Akao was sound programmer for VII wasn't he, or was that just because of his work on the actual SPU?
« Last Edit: 2010-07-30 07:35:30 by seif »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
...AKAO frames. Of course.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
The SPC700 was designed by this one guy.... Minoru Akao, you might of heard of him. He became popular after he quit Sony and started working for some game company :)
Wait, what? No. Both the SPC700 and the SPU were designed by Ken Kutaragi. Akao was Square's major sound programmer during the PlayStation era, but he never did any hardware design. I think you're confusing their names or something.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
I'm pretty sure the Akao has his hands in the SPC700. I'll look it up later. Thanks for calling me on it if I'm wrong.

JordieBo

• View Profile
Just thought I should point this out; having the game fully voiced? Long story short; no. Ever heard of FF7Voice? That failed. We have the know-how to voice the PC Game and we STILL couldn't achieve it. It's basically technologically impossible to do it for the Playstation version for a start, so yeah.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I notice that all of the recent posts ITT have been about voices and the Squeenix staff. Are there any updates on this mod?

ff7rules

• View Profile
I do have updates but i might just ask the mods to delete this one and create a new one.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hey dude, there's no reason to delete; there's a lot of information ITT. Just ask them to lock it.

In any case, I'm looking forward to any updates. :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
I do have updates but i might just ask the mods to delete this one and create a new one.

Let me know what you want done.

ff7rules

• View Profile
What do people think about me renaming and giving new uses and meaning to the weapons? Like Giving a weapon one advantage but also one disadvantage. For example it has the Fire element but makes materia growth naff.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'd rather see them keep their names, but I think that adding more variety to the weapons is a must. It's a travesty that weapons are able to use different elements and inflict statuses, but never take advantage of this unless materia is used.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Buster Sword = Clouds Memento
Mythril Saber = Mythril Blade
Hardedge = Runeblade
Butterfly Edge = Zwill Blade
Enhance Sword = Deathbringer
Organics = Defender
Crystal Sword = Stoneblade
Force Stealer = Durandal
Rune Blade = Lohengrin
Murasame
Nail Bat
Yoshiyuki = Muramasa
Apocalypse = Excalibur
Heaven's Cloud = Lionheart
Ragnarok = Demonsbane
Ultima Weapon = Ultima Blade

Just to spice up the game and give it a new feel.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hmmm, well :-P

Anyway, I'm interested to see what you have in mind for special effects and advantages and disadvantages.

zonic321

• View Profile
Buster Sword = Clouds Memento
Mythril Saber = Mythril Blade
Hardedge = Runeblade
Butterfly Edge = Zwill Blade
Enhance Sword = Deathbringer
Organics = Defender
Crystal Sword = Stoneblade
Force Stealer = Durandal
Rune Blade = Lohengrin
Murasame
Nail Bat
Yoshiyuki = Muramasa
Apocalypse = Excalibur
Heaven's Cloud = Lionheart
Ragnarok = Demonsbane
Ultima Weapon = Ultima Blade

Just to spice up the game and give it a new feel.
hmm. maybe instead muramasa, you could name it kazanagi? or name heavens cloud to murakumo or caliburn? just throwing out some name ideas, i got a few more if you like those :3

Cloud7

• View Profile
hello guys , I downloaded the 9999breaking limit patch.
But it does not work.
there ist a problem which came out as the first battleswirl apperead...
well, I used the german version but the english one I have too, but it's still the same problem :/
anybody knows how to run it ? ;)
i think i am just a retard... ^^

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
Anyone wanna help me learn how to apply these patches and where to find em?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Hey all just to let everyone know this project is not dead ive had alot on with my personal life lately got married and I am now a dad so I havent been able to work on it. However I am aiming to finish disc 1 by the end of this month and have a very short Demo out sometime this week which will consist of 3 battles all new and made by me. I will include everything to fight these battles much like GarlandtheGreat does them Hard but not impossible expect to get an idea of what my patch will be like with this demo.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Congratulations!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Good, you've got a child... yet did you? Well, anyways, congratulations for you, and waiting for the final product!

Dinfevo

• View Profile
Congrats !! You got married and got a child!! ;)

I would like to know if this project is still alive.
Hope it does.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Thanks dinfevo!! and yes this project is well and truly alive I hit a snack with field scripting but I think Ive overcome that now I have about 5 new enemy's done I could release a demo of one of these if people request it

Dinfevo

• View Profile
Thanks dinfevo!! and yes this project is well and truly alive I hit a snack with field scripting but I think Ive overcome that now I have about 5 new enemy's done I could release a demo of one of these if people request it
Well, i would like to test it, could you upload the beta please? I would love to test this beta.
It's a shame the second project was lost :(, but heeey it's not the end of the world, and we still have until 21/12/12 to finish it and play it :).
Edit:
By the way, where can I get the tools you use? i only have hex editor, hojo and wallmarket. I can't seem to find the other ones :/ .
« Last Edit: 2011-06-27 22:06:51 by Dinfevo »