Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1836586 times)

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2650 on: 2013-07-16 17:35:50 »
I just ran the Bootleg and I'm running into an error, the Setup for Menu Overhaul just freezes at the end of the string I've listed below. The setup program says "Installation files and cache" and cancel is grayed out. It isn't moving past this point, it's just stopped. Any advice?

Installing Vincent's Animation Fix . . .
Completed Vincent's Animation Fix.

Patching Kernal . . .
2 File(s) copied
Kernal Patches Installed - Bootleg
Scene Installed - Normal
1 File(s) copied
Completed Patching.

Installing DLPB & Kranmer's Menu and Battle Interface Overhaul project . . .
1 File(s) copied
Configuring Menu Overhaul . . .
Ignore Any Error Messages Generated During Encoding.

And then it just stops. The window stays open, the setup program stays open. I have to end the process in task manager to close it.

jdwells648

• View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2013-07-19 02:00:41 »
Tried running bootleg and i get an error, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  Access to the path C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\bootleg mod\BFE.ini is denied.

It has a details button and when pressed it shows this;

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\bootleg mod\BFE.ini' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   at BootlegFE.Bootleg.WriteBFEINI(String sBFEINIFile)
   at BootlegFE.Bootleg.StartBootleg(Int32 iFlagStart)
   at BootlegFE.Bootleg.RunBootleg_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BootlegFE
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4748.37298
    Win32 Version: 1.0.35.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jon/Desktop/bootleg%20mod/BFE.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope you can help, this was the first PS1 game I got and would love to replay it with these mods!

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 2013-07-19 04:02:27 »
Is there any way at all to get the Romeo 14 AC Materia to actually install when using the Menu Overhaul? Are the specific png files for them located anywhere so I could just manually replace them in the \menu folder?  ???

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2013-07-19 05:54:10 »
Is there any way at all to get the Romeo 14 AC Materia to actually install when using the Menu Overhaul? Are the specific png files for them located anywhere so I could just manually replace them in the \menu folder?  ???

If you don't install the avalanche GUI (which isn't fully compatible with Menu Overhaul) these should work. They have been altered because I'm colorblind and the yellow and green were tough for me to tell apart. Credit goes to DLPB and of course to Romeo14. Idk if this is what you meant by AC materia, there's an option in bootleg for Romeo14 AC materia field models but they look very different from this.
They aren't perfect, I'm aware. I don't use them anymore and I don't remember how I got ahold of them. I think they just come from Menu Overhaul, but bootleg doesn't make it easy to get them to show up.

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2013-07-19 12:18:48 »
Does this work with windows 8...

This Is very Important my life depends on It >.>

Firefox23

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: 2013-07-19 16:03:33 »
I'm using windows 8 and everything works fine on my system just remember to deactivate compatibility mode in windows

edit: and activate win7 compatibility for FF7Music

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 2013-07-19 16:49:45 »
Tried running bootleg and i get an error, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  Access to the path C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\bootleg mod\BFE.ini is denied.

Install Bootleg, along with the game, in another folder than the desktop.

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2013-07-20 02:39:55 »

If you don't install the avalanche GUI (which isn't fully compatible with Menu Overhaul) these should work. They have been altered because I'm colorblind and the yellow and green were tough for me to tell apart. Credit goes to DLPB and of course to Romeo14. Idk if this is what you meant by AC materia, there's an option in bootleg for Romeo14 AC materia field models but they look very different from this.
They aren't perfect, I'm aware. I don't use them anymore and I don't remember how I got ahold of them. I think they just come from Menu Overhaul, but bootleg doesn't make it easy to get them to show up.

Yeah, I read in this thread or another that the Menu Overhaul overwrites the materia texture choice. I also did see your brightened materia textures there, too. I manually put them in the \menu folder, replacing the files of the same name to test them out. I was looking to see if anyone had the specific .png files for Romeo14's AC style Materia that would be otherwise installed by checking the box shown in the pic. I believe the materia shown above that are what they look like, but I'd like to see them in-game to decide if I like them or not. Hard to decide when the installation won't let me try, ya know?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2013-07-20 02:58:10 »
The AC materias that look cloudy like that are field textures, they aren't for the menu, afaik. I think If you want to try them you need to not make any changes to the materia choices in the models tab.

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2013-07-20 04:14:30 »
Are you sure? I found an old closed thread started by romeo14 talking about his materias and he had screenshots of the menus.

Said thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9397.0

Megaupload doesn't exist anymore, though, so I can't even download the materias that he was showing off there, let alone the ones that are in bootleg front end.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2013-07-20 04:34:16 »
Are you sure? I found an old closed thread started by romeo14 talking about his materias and he had screenshots of the menus.

Said thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9397.0

Megaupload doesn't exist anymore, though, so I can't even download the materias that he was showing off there, let alone the ones that are in bootleg front end.

Not positive, but yeah pretty sure. Can't you tell the ones I uploaded are basically the same ones you linked to?
Edit: Can't blame you if you don't want to use my revision of them, but it is at least proof you can get them through the installers if you just figure out where. I suggest not allowing windows to install the avalanche GUI (download a new copy of it if you need to so it will give you the option to cancel the isntaller) during bootleg so it skips it safely, and completely unchecking the menu overhaul install thru bootleg. Install Menu Overhaul with "Standard Overhaul Graphics" and "Grimmys Colored menu items" checked. I think that's how I got the original .pngs to show up in my DK folder. Then you have to cut everything from DK, all the folders, and paste them to the bootleg folder, overwrite the few items, and reset your modpath in bootloader to bootleg. kind of a lot to go through to get the original pngs.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-20 04:59:43 by Template »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2013-07-20 05:15:51 »
The materia graphics are from this Team Avalanche thread.

Links to the original post:
Romeo14's Materia

Alternate Versions:
Version 1
Version 2
Version 3

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2013-07-20 07:15:52 »
You are awesome for diggin those up for me, PitBrat. Sorry to put you through so much trouble, I seem to be lacking in my searching and skimming skills.

Sadly, Romeo14's download is invalid as Megaupload was killed last year. Those other ones, though....I could copy those and edit them into the relevant png files manually, huh?

Template: I didn't mean to sound like I was puttin' your designs down, I just want to pop in a bunch of different ones and compare. I haven't settled on which ones I want to use for good quite yet. Yours are awesome, though :D

Largos

• View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2013-07-20 13:46:05 »
Ok:

Uninstalled the game and steam.
Installed Steam outside of Program Files, installed FF7.
Disabled Firewall, went through convertor, noticed that while it's processing movies, it comes up with a few errors about not having 'part1' in the ff7_enhanced_movies_1 location.
Though there are a bunch of files, part1.avi is not in there.
I'm using the graphics driver given above from Template.
Run bootleg, mount drive, set resolution and write config.
Still getting the 2 title screens fine, but when the game starts I get music, but only 3 big red triangles again.
Have added exceptions for files marked with anti virus, and added programs to 3d graphics list.
Running files as Admin.
Graphics settings are set to:
Display: Primary Display Driver
Render Using: Custom Driver
Can't seem to crack this problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2013-07-20 13:54:49 »
Graphics settings are set to:
Display: Primary Display Driver
Render Using: Custom Driver
Can't seem to crack this problem. Any help greatly appreciated.
Hiya, can you post the contents of your APP.log text file located in your main ff7 game directory?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2013-07-20 14:14:51 »
I haven't settled on which ones I want to use for good quite yet. Yours are awesome, though :D
Thanks much appreciated, just was more trying to point out the confusion about the Romeo14 Advent Materia, which, unless I'm seriously just getting senile early are field models you'll see out in the wild, but not in the menu. I definitely could be wrong, but it would make me kinda question my memory skills. Perhaps at one point they were also adapted for menu graphics? We miss you Romeo14, wherever you are... (I didn't know him, lol).  ::)

blargh double post.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-20 14:16:53 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2013-07-20 15:10:10 »
Still getting the 2 title screens fine, but when the game starts I get music, but only 3 big red triangles again.
If you have an AMD Graphic card:
Before you install the 13.5Beta2, it may be necessary to uninstall the current display driver.
The 13.5 may not overwrite the current driver.
The Catalyst 13.5Beta2 contains the display driver version 12.102.3.0 from April-16-2013.

If this does not help, turn off shaders.

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2013-07-21 01:16:34 »
Thanks much appreciated, just was more trying to point out the confusion about the Romeo14 Advent Materia, which, unless I'm seriously just getting senile early are field models you'll see out in the wild, but not in the menu. I definitely could be wrong, but it would make me kinda question my memory skills. Perhaps at one point they were also adapted for menu graphics? We miss you Romeo14, wherever you are... (I didn't know him, lol).  ::)

blargh double post.

I think you're right about them being textures for the field-found materia. The Steal and Sense materias did kind of look like the ones in the installer.

Well, that settles that, then. Now it's time to see about editing in some materias into the .png's....I am curious, though. are the files "btl_win_b_l_02.png", "btl_win_b_l_03.png", "btl_win_b_l_04.png", "btl_win_b_l_05.png", and "btl_win_b_l_06.png" the only relevant files that need to be edited to change all instances of the Materia in the menus? Or should I go through all of the files and replace every single one?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2013-07-21 01:34:32 »
I think you're right about them being textures for the field-found materia. The Steal and Sense materias did kind of look like the ones in the installer.

Well, that settles that, then. Now it's time to see about editing in some materias into the .png's....I am curious, though. are the files "btl_win_b_l_02.png", "btl_win_b_l_03.png", "btl_win_b_l_04.png", "btl_win_b_l_05.png", and "btl_win_b_l_06.png" the only relevant files that need to be edited to change all instances of the Materia in the menus? Or should I go through all of the files and replace every single one?
As long as you don't install the Avalanche GUI and you are doing this with using Menu Overhaul in mind, those are the only files that need be altered. You need a photo editor that will preserve transparency. MS paint wouldn't so I used a free one on-line. That's probably why mine kinda aren't that great. A monkey could do better but I'm no graphic artist.
If you are having trouble getting exchanged files to "show up", you might wanna check if you are using texture caching, and to just clear the menu cache in the mods folder (if that sounds like gibberish just ignore it and turn texture caching off in bootloader). Still, if you are gonna be editing files you should know about the cache and how it works. I'm not clear if Nvidia people just don't need texture caching or if they have performance issues without it like my poor 6850/960t does.   

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2669 on: 2013-07-21 04:26:42 »
Can GIMP preserve transparency?

Syno

• View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: 2013-07-21 12:02:39 »
In Wall Market, Cloud become a shadow and the screen is dark with black squares. How can I fix it?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 2013-07-21 13:12:13 »
In Wall Market, Cloud become a shadow and the screen is dark with black squares. How can I fix it?
Uh, weird. Try turning off texture caching?

Syno

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2013-07-21 15:19:54 »
In fact, it isn't only happening in Wall Market. I reset the game and all was fine. However, after one hour playing, the same problem occurs in a different place. black squares appears on the screen and, if I go on further, the hole screen become black. I thought my Nvidia GeForce GT650M was the problem but my drivers are ok. I tried to modify options inclunding textures but obviously it didn't work :'(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 2013-07-21 15:26:26 »
I located Romeo14's original materia textures. They're now in The Big List.

MateriaAdd-on.rar                               Romeo14         Light Materia Texture                         FILE

Romeo14MateriaFinal.rar                         Romeo14         Dark Materia Texture                          FILE

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 2013-07-21 15:28:47 »
I located Romeo14's original materia textures.
Respect. Looked everywhere for those... had given up.  8-)

In fact, it isn't only happening in Wall Market. I reset the game and all was fine. However, after one hour playing, the same problem occurs in a different place. black squares appears on the screen and, if I go on further, the hole screen become black. I thought my Nvidia GeForce GT650M was the problem but my drivers are ok. I tried to modify options inclunding textures but obviously it didn't work :'(
Almost sounds like your card is overheating. Is it a laptop?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 15:55:47 by Template »