Author Topic: Newbie tips for FF7 and thank you :)  (Read 4930 times)

prefix

• View Profile
Newbie tips for FF7 and thank you :)
« on: 2017-08-16 22:45:42 »
First of all, thank you so much to all of you who have spent time on these projects! It is much appreciated by true Final Fantasy 7 fans like myself :)

Please make sure you follow EQ2Alyza's installation guide EXACTLY as its written at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

I did have some trouble installing and starting the game even though i followed that so i'll just leave my problems and solutions here;

• 1. Make sure you don't activate all the mods at the same time, do them one by one, and remember to change the setting from FF7.exe to ff7_bc.exe when installing The Reunion - Beacause + Menu Overhaul.
    Change it back to FF7.exe and keep activating until you've activated them all.

2. Make sure you have deleted any old installations of FF7 and cleared your registry by using https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-Q_AObuWRSXb1VIdGViQjlVLW8 this registry thing from the Official FAQ at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0

3.  Make sure the order the mods load are correct;

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
    Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
    Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
    Battle Models - Weapons
    Field Models - Objects
    Animations
    Battle Models - Characters
    Battle Models - Enemies
    Battle Textures
    Field Models - Main Characters
    Field Models - Non-Player Characters
    Field Textures - Omzy/satsuki/yarLson
    Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
    Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
    Media - Movies
    Media - Music and Sound
    Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
    Minigames - Chocobo Race
    Minigames - Coaster
    Minigames - Fort Condor
    Minigames - Motorbike Chase
    Minigames - Wonder Square
    Spell Textures
    The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
    World Models - Characters
    World Models - Enemies
    World Models - Vehicles
    World Textures

4. You should check the configuration for each plugin as some of them have options that need to be activated inside the mod configuration window. (For example field textures)

5. Before clicking launch, IF you use The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul make sure to set the FF7.exe to ff7_bc.exe in 7th Heaven, otherwise the game will crash when starting a new game with an unhandled exception.

Number 5 had me stumped for quite some time, i could load savegames but every time i tried starting a game from the beginning it would crash at the initial train sequence after Cloud jumped off the train.

Hope this helps other people get this running and avoid the frustrations i had :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-16 22:56:27 by prefix »

rayano

• View Profile
Re: Newbie tips for FF7 and thank you :)
« Reply #1 on: 2017-08-27 22:33:00 »
i can't get the reunion overhaul mod to work, i tried everything but i still get the squished text.
could you do a step by step on how you fixed it
thanks

edit: it worked somehow =)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-27 23:10:57 by rayano »