Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836890 times)

g0lbez

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] New Threat Mod v1.1
« Reply #200 on: 2014-07-17 19:32:49 »
any advice for bizzaro seph? i can't seem to do more than 20k to his main part before he recovers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] New Threat Mod v1.1
« Reply #201 on: 2014-07-17 20:21:15 »
Here's how Bizarro works. His parts enable different attacks for him to use, but the Core is what lets him use Bizzaro Enegy (as it appears). Usually, you can smash through the torso and not bother with the parts but I set it to give Recovery instead so that his mechanics have to be engaged (unless you get a very lucky Omnislash + Highwind).

To make the Core vulnerable for Team A, you need to kill the Core segments with the other two teams. Start by destroying the Head or one of the Arms with Team A, and swap to another team (it seems to be random, unfortunately, but it cycles to an extent).

Team B and C in their battle need to kill the Head, then the Arm (which has two parts for Team B), and then the Core. If you kill the Arm without killing the Head, then it will revive the Arm and the Core Segment will remain invulnerable. Once you've killed the Head and Arm, you can destroy the Core Segment. Ignore the option to swap teams until you've destroyed that Core Segment, then swap teams.

Hopefully, you'll be put in control of your third team. If not, destroy the Head (which revives for that reason) or the other Arm and select yest to swap again. When you get your third team, do what you did before. Destroy the Head, the Arm, and then the Core Segment. After this, you want to return to Team A.

Team A can now destroy their Core. Kill any remaining Arms (take care of the Head too, I think it enables the core to use Stigma) and start battering the Core. When it dies, Bizarro loses his ability to use Enegy and heal himself. Now you're in the home straight, batter the torso until he dies. The Head will revive periodically to use Heartless Angel and/or Aurora Fence; kill it if you like, it reduces Safer's HP by 200 every time you do.

So it basically requires three parties that are reasonably well-equipped to win through. The idea was that the final bosses would be fought after the other content, so they're quite tough (though Safer may be easier because of his AI pattern and the fact that he's a single-target). Let me know if you encounter problems with the way the battle functions, though it's been tested by myself and I think a few other people have done it too.

FFman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] New Threat Mod (v1.1)
« Reply #202 on: 2014-07-18 10:01:18 »
I beat Bizzaro with only 1 team, using :
- Aeris : quadra magic + contain, contain + turbo mp, contain + absorb mp.
- Cloud : Double cut.
- Barret : Double cut.

Each character deals 4 * 9999 damage. I just spammed this every turn, hoping that I don't attack the core too much.
I don't remember killing the core actually.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2014-07-18 12:29:00 »
Yeah, with enough firepower (and some luck on targeting if using the multi-target attack like 4x-Cut, etc.) you can blaze through the torso before he can heal himself. I'd planned to make the torso invincible like the Core, but decided to hold that back for the 'hard' version of the mod (which is probably going to be the NG+ expansion of this mod now).

I imagine Safer was a push-over with that amount of damage  :'(

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2014-07-19 13:04:05 »
How Do I defeat Lambda Calcule? I have tried everything

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2014-07-19 13:25:11 »
I don't think anyone's beaten it yet and the solution to the fight is too abstract; so I'm going to change it back to the way it was. I'll have a new scene.bin patch up in the next 15 minutes.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2014-07-19 13:30:37 »
Gonna have to reedit my latest video been trying for 2 hours ......

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2014-07-19 13:37:55 »
Yeah, sorry about that. The idea was to lock up Odin because it's quite a strong summon (the basement key is in a treasure chest nearby, where the Enemy Launcher used to be) but Lambda's solution is too specific. I updated the scene.bin hotfix patch just there; now he'll behave in a similar way to Lost Number but you have to make him transform and kill one of his 'sides' otherwise the battle will keep looping (both sides have a death counter that has them eject the party from the battle, ending the fight).

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2014-07-19 13:52:00 »
I'm curious now what was the way to beat him originally I tried everything getting him to 13 health then using aura 13 one above his level 35 and tried reducing his health to 7 then letting him use it nothing worked! Its ok I was raging quite alot for most part of it so its for the best haha

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2014-07-19 14:32:25 »
Alright, here was the thing:

Lambda's transformations are triggered only if a variable reaches a certain number. It starts at 0 (and is reset to 0 whenever he 'dies'). Attacking him adds 6 (hit him for six) while his 13th Aura adds 13. The number we're looking for is 149. It's a prime number (can only be divided by 1 or itself) and I think the clue was '34 come before it', meaning it's the 35th Prime Number you're after. 'Go one above mine' is a clue to how many times you need to hit him; 14 times. BUT the 14th hit has to land after he's used 13th Aura 3 (or was it 4?) times because it's a counter-attack you're triggering.

Sound ridiculous? Well, you're right. RIP Lambda.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2014-07-19 15:15:09 »
It was a unique idea Ill give you that! I would of never figured that out! I beat him really easily after the patch

paralleluniverse

• <3 Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2014-07-20 21:52:40 »
I think Lambda fight is still broken, despite the text boxes go away,  he keeps respawning. Ive reinstalled the mod and the new hot fix. Also nothing happening when I visit ancient temple for cait sith.
Is there full cure, and w-itemmagic,summon also :-)?
Anyways Sega awesome work.  5 stars  :mrgreen:

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2014-07-21 02:16:43 »
Ok so how hard is this mod.

I would love to experience some new gameplay mechanics and some cool new battles....

But I'm not trying to grind like hell like Gjoerulv's hardcore mod because I gave up on that when I reached the crater on disc 2.

I find grinding to that point to not only be annoying, but to also be a waste of my time.

So, can I progress at a normal pace through the story without heavy/annoying grinding? And will I need a shitton of hero drinks just to beat some guys because I'm not about that life either.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.1)
« Reply #213 on: 2014-07-21 05:41:40 »
I think Lambda fight is still broken, despite the text boxes go away,  he keeps respawning. Ive reinstalled the mod and the new hot fix. Also nothing happening when I visit ancient temple for cait sith.
Is there full cure, and w-itemmagic,summon also :-)?
Anyways Sega awesome work.  5 stars  :mrgreen:

Lambda, if killed before transforming, will repeat the fight over and over. His two transformations will 'end' the fight when they're killed by removing the party from the battle. I left that part in so that it wasn't just exactly like the original; I'll double-check that it's working properly and if not I'll drop that mechanic from it too. I'd better re-check Cait Sith too, and all the variables just to be on the safe side; the sidequests won't spawn unless you've reached the bottom of North Cave first (Cloud will receive a phone call from the Highwind about it) and that Cait Sith is in the current party. If he's not appearing at the Temple though then I'll get it fixed.

All the Materia is still available; Full Cure and W-Item/Magic/Summon are rewarded as prizes in the Extra Battle of Battle Square; talk to the middle NPC after killing some of the new bosses there.

Ok so how hard is this mod.

I would love to experience some new gameplay mechanics and some cool new battles....

But I'm not trying to grind like hell like Gjoerulv's hardcore mod because I gave up on that when I reached the crater on disc 2.

I find grinding to that point to not only be annoying, but to also be a waste of my time.

So, can I progress at a normal pace through the story without heavy/annoying grinding? And will I need a sh*tton of hero drinks just to beat some guys because I'm not about that life either.

You don't need to grind at all in this mod, there's always an elemental weakness or status ailment you can make use of and random enemies give 2x Exp, Ap, and Gil; bosses give 4x. If anything you'll probably find the mod to be too easy; enemies may be a bit tougher but your equipment & spells are also stronger, and you'll probably be able to blaze through most things quickly (the idea was to make it quick to play, an average playthrough is probably 30-40 hours). I'm about to make some revisions though, adding some new key features to re-balance things from Disc 2 onwards (the mod becomes too easy past this point because monsters can't keep up with the player character's spells, equipment, and limits).

If anything, you'll probably be going too fast through the story. Someone asked me for a patch that removed EXP from random encounters and then another that removed it from bosses too; progression is very quick.

paralleluniverse

• <3 Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2014-07-22 00:46:21 »
ok thnx for the heads up. I still don't know how to kill Lamba though, he casts aura of 13 a billion times, and I don't see that move that blows out the party. do i have to take a certain ortion of his hp?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2014-07-22 13:52:16 »
I just checked his AI, I still need to remove a line from it. I'll update the scene hotfix patch again (should take 5mins).

When it's updated, you'll need to reduce his HP to halfway and then hit him with either a physical or magical attack (don't kill him). He'll then transform. Kill this new form and the battle should end.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2014-07-22 19:23:48 »
I've been looking for a  final fantasy 7 mod I can play for ages now - and I gotta say I'm not disappointed, nice work man.  So far I've reached North Corel in about 14 odd hours.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2014-07-22 20:01:55 »
Glad you're enjoying it. The mod is something I'm going to be working on intermittently, adding new stuff and adjusting the gameplay based on general feedback. Right now, the consensus is that the game gets too easy from Disc 2 onwards so I'm working on ways to address that without nerfing things, boosting enemies too much, etc.

If you have ideas for new content or want to see something in the mod then let me know.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2014-07-22 21:38:35 »
Well as I noticed earlier about people asking about 0 exp for bosses - would be a good idea, similar to ff8 where bosses battles only netted gil and ap.  Your idea for a new game plus would be something I personally would look forward to.

I'm sure there are loads of things that could be added, whether there even possible to add, like new playable characters or even a side dungeon using already used maps.  My apologies I've had a few too many energy drinks my mind is currently in overdrive lol

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2014-07-22 22:32:25 »
I reduced Boss EXP and AP from 4x down to 1.5x tonight (with adjustments where appropriate) to help with the high level problem. 0 EXP for bosses is something I'd consider but it's a big step; we'll see how the next wave of changes for v1.2 goes across first.

I'd like to see things like that too; the 7H Mod Wrapper would make a side-dungeon more feasible and less of a headache to set up. New characters are maybe outside what can be done right now, otherwise there'd be a lot of mods that bring in new fighters; I'd have to talk to someone with experience with how it works to find out if there's any possibility for a work-around. We can replace characters during the game's run-time using 7H but new ones would need IDs, etc.

paralleluniverse

• <3 Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2014-07-23 07:02:43 »
A small suggestion, Cait Sith is a little mediocre in terms of limit breaks, unless your good with manipulating the slots. How hard would it be to give Cait Sith new limit breaks if even possible XD.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2014-07-23 07:07:26 »
Cait Sith and Vincent's limit breaks are hardcoded and cannot be easily changed. Doable, but hard and probably not worth it.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2014-07-23 11:56:16 »
I finally reached Rocket Town NOTE: Powersoul Keeper gave me a scare when he spammed me with Powersoul Combo. As I headed up to see Cid the game crashed on me - It was as I climbed the first ladder, Cloud suddenly began walking back towards the ladder continously.  I had to shut off my laptop.

I will load up the game again see if it was a one off, but will tell you if it does it again.

Cheers

EDIT: Looks like it was just a one off, worked fine when I reloaded.  Also wanted to ask does the Zolom still have Beta? - went back to fight him, twice.  And didn't use it.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-23 12:29:26 by lappers84 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2014-07-23 14:41:16 »
A small suggestion, Cait Sith is a little mediocre in terms of limit breaks, unless your good with manipulating the slots. How hard would it be to give Cait Sith new limit breaks if even possible XD.

Like VGR said, they're hard-coded. I'm not sure if I've done this correctly for this version (been meaning to check it) but for Vincent I gave him all three transformations for each limit level. The idea was to make them more versatile and to set up each level as having it's own gauge rate. Lv.1 fills fast, Lv.2 fills slowly, and Lv.3 never fills (so Vince can keep his attack command free). Lv.4 is the same as ever, just Chaos on that. I also set up a FF7.exe file that makes tweaks to limit breaks; it's not part of the mod, but might be useful as an optional extra.

I finally reached Rocket Town NOTE: Powersoul Keeper gave me a scare when he spammed me with Powersoul Combo. As I headed up to see Cid the game crashed on me - It was as I climbed the first ladder, Cloud suddenly began walking back towards the ladder continously.  I had to shut off my laptop.

I will load up the game again see if it was a one off, but will tell you if it does it again.

Cheers

EDIT: Looks like it was just a one off, worked fine when I reloaded.  Also wanted to ask does the Zolom still have Beta? - went back to fight him, twice.  And didn't use it.

That's the dreaded ladder glitch; try to be careful when coming off a ladder to avoid pressing the confirm button or to be running back at the ladder. It can happen in a few places.

Zolom no longer has Beta, that was moved to Pollensalta. Stilva will have Beta as well when the next scene.bin update goes in (he still uses Magic Breath for now). Zolom was supposed to have a spell called Alpha replacing Beta but I just found the problem with why he wasn't using it and that's been fixed.

Loseless

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2014-07-25 19:29:31 »
Hi!

I have two quick questions regarding this mod

How many enemy skills had their users changed and is the increased AP requirements for leveling materia compensated by the increased AP gained from battles? I ask this because I don't feel like getting level 2 spells at Mt. Nibel and if thats the case I'll just pass offensive green materia.