Author Topic: Imageshack lol  (Read 4298 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Imageshack lol
« on: 2014-06-06 01:18:41 »
Dear Angela,

After checking on your account using your email [email protected] I found that it has temporarily been banned. All imageshack accounts are subject to bandwidth limits of which you're images were exceeding.

We recommend based on your bandwidth usage to subscribe to a business plan, in particular Business Basic or Business Pro depending upon your upload needs. I am including a link to our business page below for more information and to set up the subscription.

https://imageshack.com/business

All images will be restored upon confirmation of a business subscription being activated. If you have any questions or need further assistance please let me know.

Best regards,

Peter

Dear Peter,

Screw you. Also, learn the differences between your and you're.

Best Regards,

Angela

It's annoying how I uploaded everything for Tifa's Bootleg and Tifa's Package onto Imageshack two years ago when they were a free public service. Now they've promoted subscription based accounts and "ban" people for using too much bandwidth. Since I never signed for a subscription based service that didn't exist at the time, it'd be nice if they could warn me ahead of time about banning accounts, but of course that's too good to be true.

Anyone recommend a reliable image hosting site that I can redo all my images?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Imageshack lol
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-06 01:35:01 »
Dear Peter,

Screw you.

That's the only part I keep in my mind! XD Did you keep a back up? Use imgur I hope and wish they won't make it private! Ever!

http://imgur.com/

P.S.: Auto-correct is fun :P
« Last Edit: 2014-06-06 01:40:14 by LeonhartGR »

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-06 04:04:20 »
The best part is that their "Official" copy+paste response has a typo in it.

America is going to hell, or India...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-06 11:54:20 »
Auto-correct typos... pffff. My ipad does this a lot!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-06 12:58:02 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 17:02:09 by dkma841 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2014-06-06 13:04:56 »
No, I didn't get them back :-( They said I needed to sign up for one of their business plans to get them restored, which the lowest plan is $10/month. Oh well, I'll just try Imgur for now. They say that images stay active as long as they are visited once every 6 months.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #6 on: 2014-06-06 13:25:46 »
No, I didn't get them back :-( They said I needed to sign up for one of their business plans to get them restored, which the lowest plan is $10/month. Oh well, I'll just try Imgur for now. They say that images stay active as long as they are visited once every 6 months.

Screw that noise. This kind of thing doesn't even sound legal. You don't need to access your account again anyway, you can probably get them all back from the Tifa tutorial thread. Just right click and view image than save them, they'll still load from Imageshack.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-06-06 23:14:00 »
I use photobucket. The storage limit for free accounts is huge, and I haven't ever run into bandwidth problems. The only thing bad about photobucket is the huge amount of html/scripts in their pages which causes the site to be slow on some machines and browsers.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-06-07 00:21:10 »
Anyone recommend a reliable image hosting site that I can redo all my images?
I had the same problem for all the field screens I had done for TA before they stopped their free service - now all the links are broken. I would recommend imgur, which I'm using now.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-06-07 13:13:29 »
Yeah all the shit I had on there is gone too, gonna just use IMGUR from now on.

ProtoX

« Reply #10 on: 2014-06-07 15:54:22 »
I still use photobucket for my photos