Author Topic: [FF9 PC/Steam] Improved NPC and battle background textures  (Read 37817 times)

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC/Steam] Improved NPC and battle background textures
« Reply #50 on: 2017-05-30 08:04:49 »
Please refer to http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14315.msg248727#msg248727 as this thread here has nothing to do with that particular problem, Lein.

@Topic It seems there're still some broken NPC textures. I encountered two problems:
1. When you're chased by the drill in Fossil Roo. The Textures are all messed up. In the battle scene everything is okay, though.
2. When you're chased by the Bandersnatcher(s). The Textures are all messed up. In the battle scene everything is okay, though.

Besides that I could test everything till end of Disc 2 and those are the only things that caught my attention.

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2017-05-30 20:21:18 »
1. When you're chased by the drill in Fossil Roo. The Textures are all messed up. In the battle scene everything is okay, though.
2. When you're chased by the Bandersnatcher(s). The Textures are all messed up. In the battle scene everything is okay, though.

I saw those too.
btw, was there an update to them backgrounds or not?

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2017-05-31 07:22:49 »
I saw those too.
btw, was there an update to them backgrounds or not?

No, not as of now.
I want to go trough the whole Game at least once now and see for myself as the community did already a great job but now no one post anything broken (which is positive of course).

dclem

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2017-05-31 22:45:48 »
No, not as of now.
I want to go trough the whole Game at least once now and see for myself as the community did already a great job but now no one post anything broken (which is positive of course).

Yeah, I seen no others errors from disc 3 on up.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2019-06-24 10:36:57 »
FYI: An update to the textures will come.
I applied ESRGAN to all textures so they look way more crips and do contain a whole lot more details than ever.

I'll have it ready till the end of the week.
@Dclem You didn't overcome the UV map problem with the blinking, correct? This is such a stupid "bug"... -.-°

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #55 on: 2019-07-14 09:51:25 »
looking forward to it.
FYI: An update to the textures will come.
I applied ESRGAN to all textures so they look way more crips and do contain a whole lot more details than ever.

I'll have it ready till the end of the week.
@Dclem You didn't overcome the UV map problem with the blinking, correct? This is such a stupid "bug"... -.-°

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2019-07-18 20:15:08 »
Well, everything is ready but I didn't uploaded as of now as I want to improve the textures a bit more.
Shouldn't take that long (hopefully).

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2019-08-25 19:06:09 »
After going back and forth, the quality between ESRGAN and my old one, at least for the very low res FFIX textures, aren't that big...
So no release but again, as there's no really quality improvement, that shouldn't be that big a deal.

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2019-09-11 22:29:47 »
Coud you please update the comparison link? Thanks!